RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing between API services only

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
password
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing between API services only

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:37 pm

So, i'm relatively new to all this but understand the basics and have a great understanding of the technology side of this business as I am a software engineer.

Can somebody please clarify this before I proceed :: "Books/Exchanges that provide an API are always sharp" due to the fact that everything is automated and odds change quickly in response to arbitrage betting etc. Soft books don't provide an API because they can't react quick enough to Arbs due to the way that they operate.

Anyway, main query.

I understand that if I get into arbing, my time being profitable will shortlived when using soft books. I'm not sure what the time is but probably a month or so depending on a few variables like streak, number of wins etc among things like suspicious bet values etc..

I'm thinking longer term about using only sharps and books/exchanges with APIs. Is this even remotely possible, i'm thinking of operating kind of like the Wall Street guys.. Many many arbs at a small percentage profit on each bet. I understand the best arbs include soft books and sharp/sharp arbs are very low profit. This being the case is it any way feasible to come out on top or do commissions fees exceed the profits on each bet?

Is it practical to bet at a slight loss for the first while in order to bring the commissions down then proceed to profit?

By the way, with this school of thought I would be trading automatically. I would have a system set up that would be as quick as possible and execute bets simultaneously. - that's the plan anyway.

Cheers.
janajana
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Arbing between API services only

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:27 pm

I am afraid you are coming tooo late . I suspect betfair was using the kind of robot.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:38 pm

If it was a palp, youve had a result.  If they simply had out of line odds, youve been fucked over!
Never trust a goose!!!
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:48 am

marko15 wrote: Maybe it is a slightly off topic..if it is, feel free to remove my post or transfer it where it should be posted

Can you tell me what other bookies provide API`s ? I only know for Pinnacle
Also, how fast are API is terms of geting data for checking odds? Thanks in advance
Betfair, matchbook, smarkets,

for pinnacle api use their manual (easy to use if you are software developer)
http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/api/manual

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”