RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Au revoir

Ask anything about smart gambling
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Au revoir

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Time for me to hang up my Arbers hat - limited on too many bookies and fishing around for too much small change to make it worth the time needed any more.

Some feedback though -

1. The information/tips/bewares on this website are priceless - seriously.

2. Advice given my some of the well known users really has been invaluable.

3. Bookies are arseholes - they are there to take money off the stupid and the drunk and they do NOT care how much you complain when you get limited - only one bookie of the many I have used even considered "re-reviewing my account" although I am sure this was just them saying they would and they did nothing instead.

4. Take them for every penny you can while you can - and keep your accounts for longer by avoiding obvious traps such as "Ukranian Womens Football" or "Spanish Tercera"

Au revoir arbers  ;D its been fun!!!!!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Au revoir

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Timorous wrote: Au revoir arbers  ;D its been fun!!!!!
I don't allow Au revoirs that easily. You have a pm.
whitesnake
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:40 pm

well what can we do with these harsh conditions...
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 pm

A very general statistic says that only 2.5% of people who gamble are constant winners. There is no source for this figure, it is just a common belief among people in the gambling world. This 2.5% includes arbers, traders, bonus hunters, advantage players and in general all the people who found a way to beat the house. No such way is easy. All these ways demand personal sacrifices, nerves, energy and ingeniousness, not to mention shrewdness. Tim has been with us for almost 6 months. For some this time period might be more than enough to adjudicate if arbing is good or not for them. Others, including me, needed more time than this in order to decide. Even if you make this decision dreams will start becoming reality after several years of efforts, trials and errors. Obviously there is another factor in the game called patience. Everyone's patience has a different last.
This is not to accuse Tim of course. All I m saying is that he might not checked all possibilities and chances these 6 months.
bezsprzetu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:37 am

I'm not sure is it some book or a movie quote, however...

it's not the point to learn one thing and do it well,
the point is to adapt to the changing conditions.

There are many ways of advantage play. Arbing has a big advantage because of relatively low requirements for starting bankroll + tiny variance... but it's not the only method of advantage play. And whatever you're doing... do it well and good luck!
Rudolpho
Has experience

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm

It also depends on a country you're coming from.
If average wage in UK is like 2k eur and you manage to do 4k by arbing, then it doesn't seem so sweet as if the minimum wage is 400eur and you're doing the same 4k there. That's a shallow example, but still you get we're I'm going with that.
bezsprzetu wrote: I'm not sure is it some book or a movie quote, however...

it's not the point to learn one thing and do it well,
the point is to adapt to the changing conditions.
And maybe the guy has decided not to learn arbitrage well, instead he's maybe decided to learn how to lay tiles, get a truck licence or trade stocks, so you might be right and wrong at the same time with this quote :)
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 am

Of course, it's up to you to quit or not. But remember, when you quit, when you give up, you're done. It's over!
You have two options. You can quit or you can force yourself to find new ways. Believe me, there isn't anything such as "end" in this business. There's always more things to discover, new ways to find!

After some years of hard work, you can enjoy the laziness more. It's good! This year, I'm expecting to have only 240-250 work days. Most arbers (including me) are workaholics, when we focused on arbing and making money, we don't think about something else! This profession makes us happy. However, sometimes it's good to take some breaks from business and relax your head because you have only one life to live and you live these golden ages only once.

PS: Match schedule between 9-19 November not very crowded. Good time to go vacation)
Jules
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:47 pm

happy to hear that you are doing ok but i play only live and i know and trust just 4 sites in uk... because on some sites that i see you guys playing i can't just because i live in uk... i play only on bwin party sports and coral and bet365...and there are some other sites but the last 2 months they limit me like crazy and i have made nothing... i feel so down right now you have no idea... i think in the last 2 days i have read every topic on this forum but ... maybe i am so upset that i cant find anything that can help me...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( or maybe my boyfriend is right and is a man's world
Last edited by Jules on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:54 am

You could, maybe, ask your boyfriend to place the arbs in his unlimited accounts and both make some money?  ;)
Rudolpho
Has experience

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Jules wrote: or maybe my boyfriend is right and is a man's world
It's definitely harder to play with women IDs
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Guys - I just got bored of spending each evening after work....working.

Particulalry on days when there are few sports on - Mondays and Thursdays for example.

I am trying a few new things - but always thankful for the advice and knowledge i have gleened from Arbusers forum.

Keep up the good work - I for one hope you all keep profitting from those arseholes at the bookies!!!!!

Return to “Newbie's questions”