E-wallets and CRS (page 22)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: E-wallets and CRS  (Read 38177 times)
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

Re: E-wallets and CRS
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »

Arbusers, now you probably scared the fella that e-wallets have already exchanged information, which they haven't, for two reasons.

"According to CRS, all balances of 31st Dec 2016 are already reported somewhere in the middle of the year, probably May or June 2017. "

You meant banks, and other depository institutions, it seems they have exchanged it, yes. But they also clearly announced it, some even a year in advance.

Exactly. The guy understood completely what I said. Thank you for providing the review of the current state of play.
jarora

View Profile

jarora

« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »

Well written Pete1928. You summed up everything what they all do needed.
fox9
Not even a newbie

View Profile

fox9

« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2017, 03:36:02 PM »

Guys, I'm new to this forum, read through this topic from the beginning already, excellent information. I have a question though:
Am I correct to assume that if I'm citizen and resident of X country (EU) but used to live in Y (EU) country for 3 years and still have my Y country bank account and Paypal (with mailing address within Y country), then the bank won't report me to tax authorities with the CRS reporting?

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  :)
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »

Guys, I'm new to this forum, read through this topic from the beginning already, excellent information. I have a question though:
Am I correct to assume that if I'm citizen and resident of X country (EU) but used to live in Y (EU) country for 3 years and still have my Y country bank account and Paypal (with mailing address within Y country), then the bank won't report me to tax authorities with the CRS reporting?

The bank already determined what is your tax residency and will report accordingly.
Paypal seems to be a grey area for reporting.
jarora

View Profile

jarora

« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »

The bank already determined what is your tax residency and will report accordingly.
Paypal seems to be a grey area for reporting.

Yes true using CRS-Entity-Self-Certification: https://www.google.com/search?q=CRS-Entity-Self-Certification&*&cad=h
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:45:42 AM by jarora » Logged
arbies86
Not even a newbie

View Profile

arbies86

« Reply #320 on: December 21, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

For 2017, transactions within the year should be also reported, but, I have serious doubts that transactions will be exchanged as well, because year end balances reporting already caused a chaos. I believe absolutely no-one would answer to that question now, but if things stay as they are, transactions should be reported also.

This is something new to me, where did you get that info from? So far I've only seen references to end-of-year balances and nothing about transactions. I read through the previous pages of the thread but didn't find anything on that point either.

My question is specifically about CRS and PayPal btw.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:53:02 PM by arbies86 » Logged
Skaggerak
Probably a Pro

View Profile

Skaggerak

« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »

So what's going on with Neteller?
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

« Reply #322 on: December 22, 2017, 11:07:36 AM »

P.S. Don't forget to, just in case, not have anything on your balances guys on 31.DEC.

You have a very strong point here but some people are keeping so much money in wallets and they find it very difficult to trust a bookmaker with all these even if we are talking about betfair and pinnacle.
campeones

View Profile

campeones

« Reply #323 on: December 24, 2017, 08:51:15 AM »

P.S. Don't forget to, just in case, not have anything on your balances guys on 31.DEC.

Send money to ''safe heavens'' like betfair, matchbook, sbobet, smarkets and then withdraw it back. In this case you ll have to see what the minimum roll over is at each bookmaker and finish it within a timely manner.
JX123

View Profile

JX123

« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »

thx for the summary pete. Does anyone know about crypto exchanges like bittrex, binance? Do they report balances according to CRS / AEOI to tax authorities within the EU?
BudSpencer

View Profile

BudSpencer

« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »

thx for the summary pete. Does anyone know about crypto exchanges like bittrex, binance? Do they report balances according to CRS / AEOI to tax authorities within the EU?

Binance, Bittrex are exchange sites, so i guess they don´t.
But you could contact the sites also and ask them.
maletaja
Probably a Pro

View Profile

maletaja

« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2018, 06:40:25 AM »

I think when even skrill doesnt report irs then exhanges like bitrex and binance either...
I think they dont report BUT, if IRS asks them they probably  give them
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print