RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

2 Suggested Investments

Where to invest the surplus of funds
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: 2 Suggested Investments

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 pm

nickolas wrote: When Goldman talks, you better listen (the same goes for Soros, whenever he chooses to speak* and Krugman).
Nicholas, for sure I will take your advise, but, may I ask how much you made by listening to Goldman, Soros and Krugman?
May I also ask how much you could have done by listening to me, for free of course?
http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,698.0.html
Thank you.
Esso
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Arbusers wrote:
nickolas wrote: When Goldman talks, you better listen (the same goes for Soros, whenever he chooses to speak* and Krugman).
Nicholas, for sure I will take your advise, but, may I ask how much you made by listening to Goldman, Soros and Krugman?
May I also ask how much you could have done by listening to me, for free of course?
http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,698.0.html
Thank you.
Goldman predictions are a absolut joke. If you look at their predictions the market mostly Switch in the opposite direction shortly before the Price target from Goldman hits. In my opinion they try to rape the stupid people with their predicitons. A lot of People listen to them and they know it and they try to earn from them with their predictions. Just study the Last years of Goldman predictions.
nickolas
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 pm

I don't follow Goldman closely, like their stock picks just their greater picture of the world and opinion. Their chief economist Jan Hatzius is brilliant and always worth listening.
In general I make my own opinion but those I mentioned are people I trust. Anyone can be wrong, though they rarely are.
I am Greek and invested in the Greek stock market. Right now I am at a net loss of possibly 40% which, comparatively is not that bad. Thanks for the link Arbusers by the way, I will read it.

Krugman helped me make sense of the world with his blog that I still follow closely. He answers important questions that may, or may not help you make money, like what shapes the price of gold. http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/golden-spikes/Soros, well he is always right and worth listening. No he will not help you make money, though he may protect you from loosing sometimes. Again, he helps me make sense of the world.
whocares
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:16 am

nickolas
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 am

Even the best loose from time to time in the markets. Again I do not follow his stock picks. Though if he ever hinted for a currency movement, I could drown with him :P
From time to time he weighs on things and he has project syndicate were many influential people write (though sometimes they do write silly stuff, but still helps you learn what others think).
When he writes an opinion article it is ALWAYS a good read. He explains his reasoning and offers real insight. But he rarely chooses to do so.
whocares
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:58 pm

There is obvious conflict of interest for most of sell side research, not just GS.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Arbusers wrote:
This is one of the reasons why the US came to a solution with Iran. This is the reason why the Saudis are pumping like there is no tomorrow. They want to kill the American efforts to become independent.
A success in the fracking experiment is the end of the Saudi monarchy.
In the long run, the US will look to capitalize this huge investment.
I think that US hegemony is now being questioned, and this is another case of a country that looks at US eyes with no fear...for the momment.
As i see in your analysis, US is trying to be oil independent from saudi monarchy, and trying to have a good position in a near future. I was searching in internet, and see that in the lasts months US became first oil exporter. I readed as well that Saudi's costs for 1 barrel of petroleum is less than $10 and for US is around $36, fracking petroleum costs more than $60 for US. There is no country, just saudis and others in medium orient, that are earning money with actual price of petroleum, but Russia, and China could resist with this prices, US companies are losing money of course, and they cannot resist like now.
Do you think Arbusers that there are not other global actors that are interested in an US disaster in this question in order to win positions against them?
Maybe there are one o more countries that could protect saudis monarchy from US and at the same time buy the excedents of petroleum.
In any case, i will write both scenarios: if US finally wins this battle, oil prices will go up in order to earn money for their companies, and if not, US companies will bankrupt, US will lose this battle, and oil war will finish, so prices will go up as well.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:01 pm

CharlieSheen99 wrote: i will write both scenarios
And then there is the third scenario, that something ''unexpected'', something ''unpredictable'' will happen and prices won't go up.
Then, after the fact, we will find a ''pattern'' as to why things turned out the way they did and make new predictions, thus starting the loop again.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:32 pm

In this case Thordin, everyone will lose money, US, Russia, China, Venezuela, nobody wins.
This world needs oil, so, it has to be produced until you have any other thing that could sustitutive oil.
Imagine the situation that prices still going down, so companies will still losing money, so they will stop to pump in a close future. Maybe goberments could do it, even losing money, but private sector will not.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 pm

The other possibility is if someone find other way to pump oil and this way reduce the price of extracting petroleum.
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:43 am

like fracking?

and does't TTIP allow for fracking?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:41 am

Arbusers wrote: I m very much confident to suggest the following LONG RUN investments.

1. NOBLE ENERGY (NBL) Nasdaq listed, current price at 32.07$.
2. Crude Oil (WTI) Nymex listed, current price at 35.97$.
My suggestion looks really good and we are already in significant profit. I would like to see a ''handle of the pot'' diagram for both of them. If this materializes, we will see both prices moving in a narrow range  for some time and then skyrocketing to heights that we only expect.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Can you plz tell us,how much did you buy NOBLE? I had bought ATW for 5.6$ but i sell it very early because i wasn't sure.it was dirty cheap.Now it is between 9-10$.I haven't made money on that,but i am glad that i was right that i was really cheap.
Kalf1992
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Noble energy back on 30,76
Oil back on 36.79

you still fancy?

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”