Help with money management!

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
comercia
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Help with money management!

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Hello to all in this forum.
I've been working in a system for tennis that yields around 75% of accuracy in the predictions it does. To give you an idea, since January the 1st 2016, I placed 30 bets of which 25 were on the winning selection for a 83%.
Now, my problem is that I am breaking even. Not making any profit and I would like to be pointed in the right direction with this. I have a couple of idea, but I would love to hear opinions from experienced people here about this.
Thank you in advance for your comments.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Help with money management!

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 pm

comercia wrote: Hello to all in this forum.
I've been working in a system for tennis that yields around 75% of accuracy in the predictions it does. To give you an idea, since January the 1st 2016, I placed 30 bets of which 25 were on the winning selection for a 83%.
Now, my problem is that I am breaking even. Not making any profit and I would like to be pointed in the right direction with this. I have a couple of idea, but I would love to hear opinions from experienced people here about this.
Thank you in advance for your comments.
Accuracy means nothing if it's on odds of 1.01 or in that range. I can lose money having a 95% accuracy as well.  What is your average winning odd and losing odd?
comercia
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:15 pm

That's exactly the issue I'm going through, the odds, therefore the returns are too low.

Now are there any resources on how to deal with this issue?
Rudolpho
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 am

Place value bets :)
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:27 pm

With all due respect...but your "system" doesn't really work if there are no profits in it and changing the money management will not change that.  You are probably not going to beat the bookie with it long term.  Better to start valuebetting or arbing instead of plain gambling.
comercia
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Well, I can't imagine how 83% of accuracy is gambling over about 50 bets. The question about a system is because perhaps someone here has a clue about how to allocate the capital in a reasonable way.

What returns are you guys seeing here? 1%, 2%, 10...? Over how long?
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Winrate is measured in ROI or yield, not in "accuracy". As someone above noted, accuracy does not mean anything if you are using small odds.
Apart from that, 50 bets is a tiny sample and it means nothing. Only at 1000 bets you could have an idea of how your system performs, although not a very accurate one.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 am

comercia wrote: Well, I can't imagine how 83% of accuracy is gambling over about 50 bets. The question about a system is because perhaps someone here has a clue about how to allocate the capital in a reasonable way.

What returns are you guys seeing here? 1%, 2%, 10...? Over how long?
Use betfair to "lay" 6-0 correct score on every premier league match out there.  You'll get a 99% accuracy.  In the long term you'll lose money.

Average return for arbing is probably 10 to 15% of your bankroll for arbing, but it differes greatly on the person and tactics used.
Dentz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm

--Use betfair to "lay" 6-0 correct score on every premier league match out there.  You'll get a 99% accuracy.  In the long term you'll lose money.

Depends on odds what you are getting to lay with. If you can get lower lay odds than long term 6-0 occurances are then you are on value side.
Everything in betting you should always seek value. If the odds are too low then consider laying and too high consider betting. There are methods to define value, but you should google the concept first.
Anyway arbing is the only close to sure way to be on positive side.
Never lose your capital.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”