BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Do bookies detect arbers using specialy made bets for this?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines

Do bookies detect arbers using specialy made bets for this?

yes
45%
no
55%

Total votes: 44
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Do bookies detect arbers using specialy made bets for this?

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 am

it's not that hard to spot an arber. probably they can even see if you bet valuebet for every bet in the past or not ... it's not hard to get your EV then and see if you're gonna cost them money or not ... they have whole companies dedicated to that.

intentionally placing an arb to spot a few arbers is unnecessary risk for them.
Andronius
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:17 am

I agree, also Skrill and Neteller will not share the client's information with each bookmaker. Each company has to do his job, not more
middler
Has experience

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 pm

it's not really about placing trap odds. There is no need for that, as it was said here before.
Sometimes they just need to balance their book, because as you might already know, they play the same game as we do, and they don't want to gamble but cover every side with a positive income.
Sometimes a valuable odd is the quickest way to cover this, knowing there will be many people who will instantly take it. It's supply and demand as in any other business. When they offer the best price they are more likely to get someone "buying" at that price.
But sure they don't even need that in order to spot an arber.
arberhunter

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Smove1929 wrote: Hello,

I was using also friend's accounts to place same bets (around 40% same) on more then one account. I was plaxing them over teamviewer on their computer (so no VPN,)
However somehow I got limits on some of these accounts on same time. I was thinking , that bookmaers can create some trap bets for us. And if we place them , then they review account manually and limit us. I came to this conclusion ,because I did not get limits on all accounts I was using to place bets and when I look into last week history of placed bet,, I found out there were 3 bets , which were placed on all limited accounts ,but not on non-limited accounts.
f

I've done the same thing before===used multiple accounts from a different IP address and device, yet they've still managed to 'limit' a new account after just days!  I've been arbing for years successfully, but can feel that things have tightened up a lot in the past year. I wish I discovered arbing earlier than 2010, as surely was a lot easier then!
Saloman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:04 pm

middler wrote: it's not really about placing trap odds. There is no need for that, as it was said here before.
Sometimes they just need to balance their book, because as you might already know, they play the same game as we do, and they don't want to gamble but cover every side with a positive income.
Sometimes a valuable odd is the quickest way to cover this, knowing there will be many people who will instantly take it. It's supply and demand as in any other business. When they offer the best price they are more likely to get someone "buying" at that price.
But sure they don't even need that in order to spot an arber.
Do book makers really balance their books these days though or do they just follow Betfair?
freaked
Has experience

Mon May 16, 2016 8:49 am

pepper wrote: Nowadays nearly nothing is reviewed manually, the costs are too big, every control and limitation etc is done automatically.
Am I the only one that disagrees with this?
Maybe automatic reviews trigger a manual one, but if there are no human reviews it would be much easier to avoid restrictions.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon May 16, 2016 6:14 pm

I would think that algorithms initially flag up undesirable customers using many different factors but I can't think that the bookmakers simply rely on that to limit customers so they probably get a weekly or monthly report of suspected arbers etc and then manually review their activity

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”