January 18, 2017, 03:54:53 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

Matchbook is adding horse racing

Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Author Topic: Matchbook is adding horse racing  (Read 2041 times)
Bunitu

Email
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:32:36 AM »

Matchbook prepared a launch for the horse racing markets for the beginning of the year 2016, however they plan to do it from March. Currently on their site they have only 3 antepost horse racing markets, for the beginning it is not a big offer. Will see what happen in March, as it takes too long for them to post these offers. For the beginning they want to introduce horse racing from UK, Ireland and Australia.

thelearner
Not even a newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 07:54:13 AM »

Still waiting alas for horse racing to be added

dealer wins
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 11:17:50 AM »

They got the wallet ready since 2 months ago now, why in gods name do they need a separate wallet only they know lol

Never trust a goose!!!

luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:21:17 AM »

They have offered a couple of horse racing markets this year but only on big ante post events like the Grand National and Cheltenham Gold Cup etc but no daily service as yet. They say on their website they will migrate to a single wallet in the coming months. Seems like an extremely soft launch of horse racing to me. In any case with their commission model of charging commission on every bet rather than the net result of a market, can't see how this would work for horse racing traders etc which I would expect a big proportion of horse racing liquidity comes from. They are currently doing 2% net win commission with no commission on losing bets on IPL Cricket a la Smarkets style so maybe they are coming around to that way of commission

MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

Horse Racing has gone live as from today - liquidity isn't great but that should improve as more people start using them for racing - especially as there is 0% commission at the moment :)

Skaggerak
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »

Good timing with the week that's coming up, if their marketing is on point it could be a big competitor.

luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »

Good timing with the week that's coming up, if their marketing is on point it could be a big competitor.
No chance. Their commission per bet model will instantly put off horse racing traders who provide a massive amount of the liquidity so they are a complete non-starter in terms of challenging the big boys on horse racing.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:05:48 PM by luctens » Logged

Skaggerak
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 04:24:50 PM »

I thought the 0% might help initially, also didn't think 1%  on profit/loss would be as bad as Befairs 5% on profit alone but I suppose the high rollers have less commission.

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 05:27:12 PM »

It's a shame they couldn't get it live before the Classic because  the liquidity would have been decent for those and would have had a knock on effect for the rest of the season - can't see it being worthwhile over the winter

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »

The balance in my racing wallet is not visible today - I've talked to live chat and they say it's a tech issue that they are working on - problem is if they can't restore it I have no idea how much was in there

EDIT - back and working again :)

BTW - commission is still 0%
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:56:41 AM by MaxShalamar » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
« previous next »