RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Bitcoin Bookies

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Bitcoin Bookies

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Eventhough i have some experience with "traditional" bookies i have to admit that when it comes to the so called "bitcoin" bookies my knowledge is almost zero.
So i thought it might be a good idea to take the initiative to open a conversation regarding them
What is totally strange to me is the absent of any KYC procedure to the most of them
How can they do it? I mean since their lines is soft for most of them , they should have a way to limit their risks , and with no KYC this is impossible!
What i am losing here?
Also the way i see it biggest disadvantage is the unstability of the bitcoin exchange rate , so apart from the risk involved in making an arb with them , this is maybe an even greater risk
Is there any way to bypass or reduce that risk?
Are there any other disadvantages?
Do you think there's potential with bitcoin bookies?
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Bitcoin Bookies

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 pm

As far as I know bitcoin books target US players.Americans can't use E-wallets or banks for deposits and bitcoin serves as a solution to that problem. I think you can keep your balance in USD and only convert to bitcoins when you need to deposit or cash out. That reduces the risk of bitcoin flactuation. 
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Keeping balance in usd the way i see it serves only as a way to  more easily do the calculations needed if you arb between bitcoin and usd or euro
I can't see however how will help reduce risk of  flactuation!
If exchange rate are against you , you are stucked with funds inside bookie and wait for better rates!
Also how about no KYC?
How they cope with risks?
Last edited by cortomaltese on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:04 am

cortomaltese wrote: Also how about no KYC?
From what I know they just copy sharp odds (mostly from Pinnacle) and put some additional juice on it.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:29 am

arber_PL wrote:
cortomaltese wrote: Also how about no KYC?
From what I know they just copy sharp odds (mostly from Pinnacle) and put some additional juice on it.
Really?!
All of them?
So no soft lines here
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Interesting..
So do you have experience with limits and withdrawals?
Generally speaking
1) What are approximately their initial limits and do they limit like the other traditional bookies? (This wouldn't be much importand though due to absent of any KYC)
2) Are they reliable to payments ? How much time neede for a  withdrawal?
3) Another problem i see is extra time for calculations when you arb between them and euro currency bookies , how you bypass that problem ? Don't tell me that every time you arb between a bitcoin bookie and a euro one you are searching for the current exchange rate and then do the calculations?!
A mate said that they Do  offer for example option to keep funds in usd , is this option available for euro also?
water_element
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I gave a good friend in Greece which is asking me daily about bitcoin alternative, will advice him this thread

Return to “Bookies discussion”