Websites and ip change

Ask anything about smart gambling
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Websites and ip change

Sun May 15, 2016 10:06 pm

This is probably a simple I.T question.
When you login to a website on one ip, what happens when you then disconnect from that connection and reconnect via another IP. Does the webpage automatically reconnect to the new internet connection with a different IP? Or does it need to be refreshed? Also, Will you automatically re-login in the same way the webpage might re-connect to a new IP without refreshing? I really should know this already.
:-\
Rudolpho
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Websites and ip change

Sun May 15, 2016 10:36 pm

VPN failed? :D
I would also like to know the answer.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 am

As long as you don't click on a link in that site or refresh (so as long as the exact same page remains open without the website asking for new info) your ip for them will not change.  The instant a script of that site asks your computer for new information your ip will change to the new one though.  This will depend on the website, but you can assume most bookies will communicate with your computer for various reasons every few minutes even if you're not refreshing the page...

On the bright side, they probably only log the ip you first logged in with for that session so if it changes while you're logged in and do not get logged out after your ip changed, they probably will not log the new ip.
zarak
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 16, 2016 9:17 am

I had similar question for pinnacle.
I asked them can I log in with 2 device with 2 different IP at the same time from the same place.
Their answer is that they would not recomended it.

Now, if you do not logout from your previous connection and log in with the new one they can interpret that you are doing what I was trying to do.

If pinnacle do not recomended I quess it is same with others.
Reason I don't know.
daniel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 am

I think they can easily catch u in such case...

Return to “Newbie's questions”