Help, please.

Ask anything about smart gambling
arbuserarbuser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Help, please.

Sun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Hello.

I had an arbitrage bet on Bet365, and William Hill.

soccerway.com/matches/2016/05/29/singapore/singapore-cup/ceres/young-lions/2231441

This event.

Bet365 voided the won bet, because, "the home team was put wrong, as they played at away's team stadium".

They referred me to soccerway, who still had the team playing at an away stadium listed as home.

William Hill refused to void the lost bet, because they said the home team was listed as home team on soccerway, therefore everything they offered was correct.

What should I do? I either want to win the voided bet, or to void the lost bet.

PM for copies of conversations.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. What I think I should pressure Bet365 to win the voided bet, since even soccerway lists the home team who plays at an away's team stadium as home. They were not reserved. In the worst case, it's a neutral venue?

Edit:

http://www.sleague.com/competitions/singapore-cup/fixtures-scores

Upon checking further, it looks like that the last three matches took place at that same stadium (GEYLANG INTERNATIONAL FC - WARRIORS FC, and NAGAWORLD FC - GLOBAL FC). Since it is a one-leg match, it can be deemed that the stadium is neutral (?), and it is merely a coincidence that the away team listed owns that stadium.

It is possible to interpret it in some way beneficiary for me? I am not asking for the lost bet to be void, AND (at the same time) the void bet to be changed to won. I just want one of the two (void the lost, OR win the void). What should I do/pursue? Thank you again.
Last edited by arbuserarbuser on Sun May 29, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Help, please.

Sun May 29, 2016 3:16 pm

I don't understand.  William hill says the "home team" really was the "home team on soccerway" and bet365 says it's the reverse on soccerway?  Which is it?  They can't both refer to soccerway and see something different.
arbuserarbuser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun May 29, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello.

Thank you for replying.

I have just updated the post with some new information, and I wrote William Hill on this matter.

William Hill stated that the teams were listed in the correct order (and, to be honest, I did not see a rule on their website, where they void the bets in such circumstances, as mine (maybe, I did not look good enough)? On the other hand, they did not tell me, that they do not, so I am pursuing two of my options). And this is true, as it shows on the link I just added to the original post.

Bet365 are saying that since it was played at an away's team stadium, it should've been reversed, despite what the official website of the cup is saying.

As I updated the OP, this is a one-match tie (one-leg), and therefore the stadium should be deemed as neutral (imagine Manchester United playing against a very low league team and they do not have a sufficient stadium to play against them so they play at the Old Trafford being designated as the home team - I believe this is what happening here)? Therefore, I believe that this situation can be interpreted in many ways, to benefit the bookie. The correct way would be to put the event at a Neutral Venue? However, Bet365 said it's reversed (to void my winning bet), and William Hill said it's alright (kept my loosing bet). My question is therefore, how should I pursue the situation? Both bookies are using their rules to keep my money, who is doing it wrong? Or is it some Catch 22 situation?

Thanks.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Sun May 29, 2016 3:46 pm

This from bet365 rules:

"We will endeavour to identify on our Website all matches played at a neutral venue. For matches played at a neutral venue (whether indicated on our site or not), bets will stand regardless of which team is listed as the home team."

Basically, you can try and appeal their decision as the venue was a neutral venue, not the away team venue.

This from the William Hill rules:

"If a venue is changed and is not published or known to us at the time the prices or handicaps are advertised, bets placed on that match will stand providing the match is not switched to the opponent's ground, in which case bets placed on that match will be made void."

So you're out of luck with William Hill.

I'd try and appeal bet365's decision but are probably going to have to set your mind about losing this money and take it as a loss, which is a risk of the business.
arbuserarbuser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun May 29, 2016 4:09 pm

I really appreciate your reply.

Regarding Bet365:

This totally makes sense, they forgot it was deemed as a neutral venue. I wrote to them.

Regarding William Hill:

However, this is what happened. The event was advertised as such, however, (coincidentally) it happened to be the opponents ground, do I have a case here?

Guess, everyone is trying to play rules in their favor.

I wrote to both the bookmakers again, with more info, and some agencies. I guess need to wait some time.

The reason I do not want to loose this money is because:
1. It is not mixed rules (like hockey, for example),
2. There was not a palp error.

Update:

1. Bet365 not replying yet.

2. William Hill said that it does not matter which stadium the game played at since it deemed neutral (but it did not state so at the time of the betting), and if stadiums are reversed - it does not matter (but it clearly states in the rules the opposite).
Last edited by arbuserarbuser on Sun May 29, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon May 30, 2016 12:44 pm

I also had my bet voided, but it was small stake, so I didn't even mail them. But am very curious how it will end for you, let us know.
mrgoodluck2

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:53 pm

It's me. Glad to say, got Bet365 to pay-out. Called me during the night, apologised, gave all the winnings. I afte told them get lost and hang up. PM for proof. nice day.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Well done and congrats!  :D

Return to “Newbie's questions”