Make bookmakers cash cow machines
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: THE TRUTH ABOUT ARBING

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:40 am

Moonwalker wrote:
Arbusers wrote:
Bubbles wrote: I remember a prominent member of the old forum who used to say something along the lines of “it's perverse for an accomplished arber to start gambling” (trading being a smart form of it)
Times they are changin'...
Its a great decadence to become a gambler, when you 've been a great arber.
Do you think it works the other way around?
''It is a great decadence to become an arber, when you 've been a great gambler''
We need to define what a ''great gambler'' is before answering your question.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:44 am

Moonwalker wrote:
Arbusers wrote: There are no universal answers and targets.
It has to do with several factors:
Where you come from, Family status, Level of greed, Capabilities, Duration, Luck, etc.
You really think it is about your family status, not  the material facts and limits  which todays arbing sets for you?
Yes, it is about family status. Think about the following dilemma.
You make X euros/gbp per hour. At the same time, you want to read fairy tales to your kid and this will take you 1 hour daily. The dilemma is, would you choose to lose these X euros so you have the time to read these fairy tales?
Each of us will give a different answer.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:53 am

Moonwalker wrote:
I am a person of numbers and logic , that's what I believe in.
To arb successfully you need some hard bookies and some soft ones...  That makes sense.
Now when most of the soft bookies are the UK books that wont let you expand or develop your business, you cannot really use them.  So what you do ? Invest more time, put in more effort?  Do sharbing?  If you are from the country with  lot's a street bookies... 

Would you use arbing signals?  They make sense cause if you try to monitor all the bookies by yourself, it might be exceedingly difficult. Now one leg of those signals would always land in some soft UK book that wont let you arb.
I do not know about others but RebelBetting  relays heavily on soft British bookies  which sort of decreases the value of their signal service IMO.  Maybe I am wrong....

I see clear limits  that are real coming from different directions.

Now let's say that you are super ambitious, with great experience in sportstrading, you understand the number , know the sports and know the bookies  + You believe that greed is good, greed cuts through and captures the essence of evolutionary spirit.  So you need to get pass those limits that industry sets cause you cannot avoid reality, you have do deal with it.  Some here say " hell , arbing is dead" . Some say " are you kidding, you need to build it up, invest 10 hours/day in it and have a great deal of experience! If you do, it is all still possible."

Where is the truth? Likely somewhere in between.
Everyone in this arbing/trading business is a person of numbers and logic. Everyone has a different arbing/trading style. Some arbers don't need soft bookmakers and have no dependance on UK soft bookies. If you are under this dependance you have to find way outs.
It is a fact that limits/problems come from everywhere in this business. That is why there is no space for newbies and older people remain dominant, sharing the biggest part of the pie. Unless they have a ''divine guidance'' newbies are condemned to fail, or, fight in a much more harder environment than before.
Greed is not good in this business. Over these last years, i witnessed many tragedies because of greed. You must find the golden cut, the level of greed that will not turn against you. This is not an easy job, as it requires experience and self containment.
Theres are several truths here. My truth will be your lie and vice versa. This is because of several factors mentioned before.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:22 am

Arbusers your posts are ingenious mate.  And 100% on the money every time!
Never trust a goose!!!
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:23 am

dealer wins wrote: Arbusers your posts are ingenious mate.  And 100% on the money every time!
Dont provoke Yorkjoss and the double/tripleGdavies family.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:36 am

cortomaltese wrote:
Moonwalker wrote:
Arbusers wrote: Its a great decadence to become a gambler, when you 've been a great arber.
For me mostly is about what are you willing to sacrifice to succed in this business!
For example you say that uk books limit you fast and need dozen of docs... TRUE!
There are balcan countries that you can have a decent life with just 500 eur / month
At the same time they are full with street shops that don't have a clue about sports odds and how to change them quikly , also in these countries is very easy and cheap to make new friends
so are you willing to move  , live and work to this kind of countries for example ?
Cortomaltese, did you really move to a Balkan country? Would you care to write something more? It sounds like a paradise where street bookies are plenty and the weather's great (Balkans right?). 

Sorry for lot's of questions but it's an intriguing story. Many think of doing it but not many dare
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:22 am

Moonwalker wrote:
Arbusers wrote:
Bubbles wrote: I remember a prominent member of the old forum who used to say something along the lines of “it's perverse for an accomplished arber to start gambling” (trading being a smart form of it)
Times they are changin'...
Obviously it might work the other way round as some experienced arbers, including Max in this thread before, will tell you (by great gambler I mean successful trader). What it means for you is that if you persevere long enough in arbing putting lots of hours and effort into it with time you will start noticing some market patterns that eventually might help you to create your own trading strategies.

Having said it, I come from trading and try doing some arbing as an extra. It's because trading like arbing also becomes more and more challenging and have many of its own “limiting factors” as you put it. Some markets that used to be ATMs are heavily polluted by bots, others that used to be great are dead because of BF greed, the number of traders that you compete against is at the record high, you name it...

The bottom line is that discussing theoretically what are your chances of surviving and succeed or how much money you can theoretically make are pointless. Many people ask these question and the only answer, regardless of whether times are bad or very bad, is to dive in and see for yourself. It has been said a million times before.
raizzak
Totally Pro

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am

Arbusers wrote: Its a great decadence to become a gambler, when you 've been a great arber.
i don't know exactly how you mean it, but if you don't mean the degens i couldn't disagree more.
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
Moonwalker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Arbusers wrote:
Moonwalker wrote:
Arbusers wrote:
You mean a sports investor! I think it might be someone who can generate 10-12 units/month in average  throughout the year.  Unit is what ever you decide it is. $500, maybe $1000, maybe $3000...  It certainly is not easy, takes hard work and being super selective. Then again seems like arbing at this point of time is not an easy task either.

''It is a great decadence to become an arber, when you 've been a great gambler''
We need to define what a ''great gambler'' is before answering your question.
Moonwalker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Moonwalker wrote:
Obviously it might work the other way round as some experienced arbers, including Max in this thread before, will tell you (by great gambler I mean successful trader). What it means for you is that if you persevere long enough in arbing putting lots of hours and effort into it with time you will start noticing some market patterns that eventually might help you to create your own trading strategies.

Having said it, I come from trading and try doing some arbing as an extra. It's because trading like arbing also becomes more and more challenging and have many of its own “limiting factors” as you put it. Some markets that used to be ATMs are heavily polluted by bots, others that used to be great are dead because of BF greed, the number of traders that you compete against is at the record high, you name it...

The bottom line is that discussing theoretically what are your chances of surviving and succeed or how much money you can theoretically make are pointless. Many people ask these question and the only answer, regardless of whether times are bad or very bad, is to dive in and see for yourself. It has been said a million times before.
Great input and I agree with you here.  There is no simple answer to the question : " Can I be successful and make X amount of money monthly  if I start arbing  in mid 2016?" . You are doing it  on a side because of it's limitations , yet you would not be doing it if it was completely useless as a business segment.  Thanx!
Moonwalker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm

cortomaltese wrote:
Moonwalker wrote:
For me mostly is about what are you willing to sacrifice to succed in this business!
For example you say that uk books limit you fast and need dozen of docs... TRUE!
There are balcan countries that you can have a decent life with just 500 eur / month
At the same time they are full with street shops that don't have a clue about sports odds and how to change them quikly , also in these countries is very easy and cheap to make new friends
so are you willing to move  , live and work to this kind of countries for example ?
An Interesting perspective, I've never thought of that really. What you are saying is countries like Croatia for example the environment is perfect for sharbing.  It absolutely can be , I wont argue that.  The guy from Croatia just said that he has built up success there making decent amount of money from sharbing.  What's up with friends though?
Would lot of friends help with sharbing success somehow?
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:27 am

Moonwalker wrote:
cortomaltese wrote:
Moonwalker wrote: Do you think it works the other way around?
An Interesting perspective, I've never thought of that really. What you are saying is countries like Croatia for example the environment is perfect for sharbing.  It absolutely can be , I wont argue that.  The guy from Croatia just said that he has built up success there making decent amount of money from sharbing.  What's up with friends though?
Would lot of friends help with sharbing success somehow?
Even in sharbing you need friends
Bonus: Balkan girls are HOT ;)
mnd
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:53 pm

ProfGambler wrote:
fairpunter wrote: Russia is one of the best countries for sharbing. there are many street betting shops which offers odds like marathonbet and odds change very slow than the pinny odds.if you can get 10% profit from online arbing you can easily get 20% profit from sharbing in Russia
If it's true, I don't mind moving to Russia for holidays and sharbing for few months :)

It's not true (13% tax on the gain). Arbing is really dead, otherwise the number  of posts on this forum wouldn't be so small. It can't bring serious income, it's like a hobby such as stamp collecting, but rather a waste of time.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 pm

mnd wrote:
ProfGambler wrote:
fairpunter wrote: Russia is one of the best countries for sharbing. there are many street betting shops which offers odds like marathonbet and odds change very slow than the pinny odds.if you can get 10% profit from online arbing you can easily get 20% profit from sharbing in Russia
If it's true, I don't mind moving to Russia for holidays and sharbing for few months :)

It's not true (13% tax on the gain). Arbing is really dead, otherwise the number  of posts on this forum wouldn't be so small. It can't bring serious income, it's like a hobby such as stamp collecting, but rather a waste of time.
If you decide to start in this business and spend half an hour a day doing it, with a 500€ bankroll you won't make any money.  Those of us doing this full time with a decent bankroll make enough.  You will need to persevere, overcome obstacles and accept the fact that you'll make mistakes at first...but as you gain experience you'll make more and more.  The tough part is hanging in there and gain that experience you'll need.  It's definitely not "easy money".
mnd
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 am

I don't believe. Life is not always fair and hard work is not always rewarded. Perhaps it is self-deception and you are only gambling. Too many common phrases, too few concrete facts, methods and amounts. Hard work nobody here will refuse, there are no reasonable hard work at all.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”