RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

my spreadsheet

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
AceJack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

my spreadsheet

Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi guys I thought I should share my spreadsheet , what do you guys think ?

All matches,leagues,tems,clock,date and bet types are in drop down menus to make logging as simple as possible but obviously this takes a long time to complete. Atm i have around 30 different teams added to the menus.

Last edited by AceJack on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: my spreadsheet

Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Looks very nice.
I think having a good record of your bets is really important. And I believe you are tracking good information.
I once used my own automated Excel (almost two years).
From my experience, if you don't mind, I'll ask you some things and tell you the problems I faced after years using it.
  • You are not tracking the year. You will need it a few months
  • I think the teams drop down will be a pain in the ass in the long term :). Too many teams to add. I would use a unique free field (event) instead of two fields, unless you plan to analyze your betting by team.
  • You are not grouping surebets. You may need it to analyze surebets in more detail
  • How will you handle other bet types (horses, F1, tournament winner, etc)? A unique event field (instead of two participants) could also help.
  • Don't you need to handle multiple bets (parlay) in detail (each bet?). This could require a big change
  • Don't you need to handle multiple currencies?
  • In my case, the spreadsheet turned really slow after thousands of bets. My excel intended to be a commercial product, but it turned impossible to use under high volume so I finally switched to my web app

I saw other worksheets (such as bonus and balance). Do you track other transactions (deposits, transfers, etc).?
It seems you have a circular reference in cell L71 :)

Good luck!
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:26 pm

ppintaluba wrote: Looks very nice.
I think having a good record of your bets is really important. And I believe you are tracking good information.
From my experience, if you don't mind, I'll ask you some things and tell you the problems I faced after years using it.
  • I think the teams drop down will be a pain in the ass in the long term :). Too many teams to add. I would use a unique free field (event) instead of two fields, unless you plan to analyze your betting by team.
  • You are not grouping surebets. You may need it to analyze surebets in more detail
  • How will you handle other bet types (horses, F1, tournament winner, etc)? A unique event field (instead of two participants) could also help.
  • Don't you need to handle multiple bets (parlay) in detail (each bet?). This could require a big change
  • In my case, the spreadsheet turned really slow after thousands of bets. My excel intended to be a commercial product, but it turned impossible to use under high volume so I finally switched to my web app

I saw other worksheets (such as bonus and balance). Do you track other transactions (deposits, transfers, etc).?

Good luck!
wow that was more input then I expected , thanks a lot ill try to address each point to the best of my abilities :)

a) I think this will be no problem as I clear the sheet after each month and save it in my documents as sports_june_2016 but you do have a point here.

b) The team drop down is really difficult to add and I suspect when im finished all the leagues will be completely different but keeps me busy at least :)
(I was kinda hoping this would catch some interest and others would help out with this, but I guess everyone wants to make their own personal sheet)

c) About surebets , I had to give up grouping them as I had so much trouble with moving merged cells ,

d) Horse betting I think would be manual typing , and other special bets would not looks so great in this sheet however I think match winner would not look so bad

e)  Its a good tip about multiple currencies, Ill try to find a way to add this

f)  Your web app is probably decent , I think ill will solve this problem with just having one month of bets in one file

Yes I try to track everything related to sports betting with this excel book , my ballance at thiffrent sites, withdraws, etc

and what circular reference is that? (hope i didn't share to much of my work)

thanks again for your imput , you gave me a lot to think about
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:29 pm

ppintaluba wrote: Looks very nice.

Edit: Yea I know about this sometimes I just put some stuff in to test :)

Good luck!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:38 pm

My web app is much more than decent!  >:(

The circular reference is shown on the bottom menu bar in the excel...
And you also shared your name  :)

About grouping surebets, no need to merge cells. Just add a column with a surebet number. Leave it blank for normal bets and put the same number each bet in a surebet. Anyway, It's not that important.

Regards
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:53 pm

ppintaluba wrote: My web app is much more than decent!  >:(

The circular reference is shown on the bottom menu bar in the excel...
And you also shared your name  :)

About grouping surebets, no need to merge cells. Just add a column with a surebet number. Leave it blank for normal bets and put the same number each bet in a surebet. Anyway, It's not that important.

Regards
OH sorry I didn't mean to offend you in any way (for me decent = good but maybe I need to find a dictionary)  :)  I did actually have a look at your site and it looked really nice.. Easier to to this in html I would imagine.

Thanks again  for all the input,  think maybe I should earse my name before I get banned at all sports sites :),  guess I'm still a big newbie lol
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 am

Very Nice Sheet!!
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
llqht88
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 am

Hello Acejack!

I cannot open the spreadsheet to see all the inputs you have done. Any problem?

thanks
AceJack
Has experience

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:28 pm

RoosterDonky wrote: Very Nice Sheet!!
Thank you,  I very satisfied that I was able to get all the formulas for the different lists to work,  was a little pain so I just had to share my work here.. 
Last edited by AceJack on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AceJack
Has experience

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:29 pm

llqht88 wrote: Hello Acejack!

I cannot open the spreadsheet to see all the inputs you have done. Any problem?

thanks
It's only a png screen shot of my screen..  Ctrl + will give you zoom :)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”