Marathon Bet - Irish Customer

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
feno24
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Marathon Bet - Irish Customer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:49 am

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an Irish customer trying to use Marathon Bet.

I can't sign up for an account as Ireland isn't on the country list and a lot of the arbs I see coming up use Marathon.

Would a VPN mask the IP if I was signing up and then if I deposit with Skrill would they flag it?

Any help appreciated here as my arb career ain't off to a great start if this book is excluded for me.

Cheers.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Marathon Bet - Irish Customer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:59 am

This book will limit you in couple of days max, so don't condition your arbing career with its availability  :P
luctens
To become a Pro

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 am

feno24 wrote: Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an Irish customer trying to use Marathon Bet.

I can't sign up for an account as Ireland isn't on the country list and a lot of the arbs I see coming up use Marathon.

Would a VPN mask the IP if I was signing up and then if I deposit with Skrill would they flag it?

Any help appreciated here as my arb career ain't off to a great start if this book is excluded for me.

Cheers.
A VPN can show you coming from a different country but what country are you going choose on registration? And what address document are you going to send if they ask for that? You'll get caught out if you try to pretend you're from a different country.

I am surprised though that they don't accept customers from the Republic of Ireland. They brought in a similar tax to the UK point of consumption tax last year and Marathonbet still accept UK customers after that so it must be that they think the Irish market isn't big enough to justify adhering to these additional rules so have pulled out of Ireland. If you're on the .co.uk site then Ireland may not be listed so if that's the case try the .com site to see if it's listed there. Even if it isn't, I would contact them just to make sure they don't accept Irish customers as it seems a significant market for them to pull out of.
feno24
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 am

arber_PL wrote: This book will limit you in couple of days max, so don't condition your arbing career with its availability  :P
Ok cool. I'm just getting started and the limited use of Rebel Betting features a ton of Marathon arbs.

Is it doable to arb profitably without that book?
luctens
To become a Pro

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:57 pm

feno24 wrote:
arber_PL wrote: This book will limit you in couple of days max, so don't condition your arbing career with its availability  :P
Ok cool. I'm just getting started and the limited use of Rebel Betting features a ton of Marathon arbs.

Is it doable to arb profitably without that book?
If not being able to bet or being limited at Marathonbet signalled the end to someone's arbing career then nobody would be doing this at all so you can definitely make a go of it without Marathonbet. You may find a few others that have pulled out of Ireland because of this new point of consumption tax but I would have thought there are plenty you will have access to so just concentrate on the ones you can bet at.

Return to “Bookies discussion”