BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Neteller: Verification within 1 day | Fastest way to Gold VIP | Higest limits to NET+Mastercard
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:58 pm

dealer wins wrote: Reason number 784456 to use debit cards and not E-Wallets.
Makes sense in a perfect world but not as easy as it sounds.
bookieslayer
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 pm

dealer wins wrote: Reason number 784456 to use debit cards and not E-Wallets.  A bank would NEVER discuss or disclose personal or account info with a third party ever!

E-Wallets dont respect data protection or privacy one bit, its a highly illegal practice, but no regulator seems to do anything about it.
+1

Such shitty practice! Just makes me want to break their balls even more
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:09 am

A bank could report big transactions to the authorities maybe the taxman.
Even at the countries where gambling earnings are tax free, what about when finish with your friend and receive the  (seriously pumped up), bankroll back? Or when your friend keeps on losing and losing and you send loads of money his way.
Is it income? Pay tax.
Is it a gift? Gifts are taxable, (in every country I assume) with a very small allowance if you aren't related.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

This problem has been lingering with me for a while, so last night I decided to discuss the issue with a customer representative from SBOBET. The conclusion I got was beyond unsatisfactory.

Apologies for the format, it has skewered the layout a little.

Welcome to www.sbobet.com, remy will be right with you.
remy
Thank you for using SBOBET live chat service. Howcan I assist you today?

ME
Hi

remy
Hi, how may I help you?

ME
I was wondering what particular information needsto be accessed on my Neteller account in order forme to deposit through it?

ME
I would also like to know why it is necessary? As it isnot with compliance of Neteller themselves.

remy
In order to assist you more effectively, can I pleasehave your login name?

remy
Thank you.

remy
One moment please.

remy
Thank you for waiting.

remy
Please be informed that when you click on AllowAccess with Neteller, you will be required to enteryour Neteller Email or Account ID and the password.

remy
It is a feature that is part of deposit process for youto be able to proceed.

remy
Please note as well that it is only a one-timerequirement.

ME
I understand this, but I do not understand why anyaccess to the basic profile is allowed, as it is not aprerequisite for the Neteller company.

ME
Could you explain to me why this is necessary?

ME
Could you also explain what details are accessed bySBOBET?

remy
SBOBET has requested access to your NETELLERaccount in order to protect your personal informationwe require you to sign in to your account and verifythe requested permissions.

remy
The basic information that you need to enter areyour Neteller Email or Account ID and the password

ME
Ok, Thank you. Can you explain to me howSBOBET protects my personal information byhaving access to my account?

ME
Could you also explain to me what permissions Ineed to verify and why I need to verify them?

ME
As none of this is required by Neteller.

remy
It is required on our side for us to also verify that youare the correct Neteller account holder as you willneed enter your account details such email oraccount ID and password.

remy
This is to avoid unauthorized access to youraccount.

ME
Ok, thank you for that. Is there a reason this accesswas only required recently?

ME
Finally, could you explain to me what preciseinformation SBOBET has regarding my accountwhen I allow access to my basic profile?

remy
It is a new feature in our deposit page order toproceed making a deposit to your SBOBET Accountusing your Neteller Account.

remy
You will only need to enter your Email or Account IDand password to allow access.

ME
Yes, I am interested in why this is only a recentoccurrence, is there a reason for this? As previouslyno access was necessary.

ME
I understand what I need to enter to allow access,what I don't know and would like to find out, is whatthe access actually entails.

ME
Could you explain this to me?

remy
Please be clarified that the new feature was placedin order to avoid unauthorized access, not only toyour Neteller Account but to your SBOBET Accountas well. By entering your Account ID and Password,this verifies that you are the account holder and willallow access to be able to proceed to make adeposit.

ME
I don't quite understand how the new featureprevents unauthorized access to my SBOBETaccount, as the login info is different. Could youexplain how it does so?

remy
We regret that this is causing confusion on your end.

ME
Also, as I have stated before, I understand what Ineed to enter to allow access, what I don't know andwould like to find out, is what the access actuallyentails. Could you explain this to me?

ME
If you could help me clear it up it would be of a greathelp>

remy
We would further clarify that this feature is an addedsecurity in order to allow SBOBET to verify that youare the Neteller Account holder by entering yourNeteller Account ID and password. This is only aone-time requirement and after this, you will enter asusual the amount that you would like to deposit.

remy
This applies to all customers who will use Neteller todeposit in our website.

ME
Yes, I understand what you have stated, but I wouldappreciate if you could explain to me what theaccess to my account consists of?

remy
It is also a requirement before you make awithdrawal to allow the transaction to go through.

ME
Yes, you have stated that several times now, but thisdoes not explain the actual details of therequirement.

ME
Could you explain to me the details of therequirement? This is my main concern.

ME
In particular, what the access to my account actuallyentails?

ME
What information SBOBET collects from access tomy account is my main concern.

ME
Without that knowledge it is difficult for me to depositwith my account securely.

remy
We apologize however, when you click on AllowAccess with Neteller, it will be indicated there as towhy it is a requirement for Neteller deposits.SBOBET would only wish to assure that by enteringyour Neteller Account details, you are the oneauthorizing the deposit transaction to proceed.

ME
SBOBET has requested access to your NETELLERaccount. In order to protect your personalinformation we require you to sign in to your accountand verify the requested permissions.

ME
Is it after this page?

remy
In this page, you will have to enter your NetellerEmail or Account ID and the password.

ME
Yes, but there is no explanation as to what detailsare accessed.

ME
It is not the reason it is requested I no longerunderstand, it is what what specific information isrequested and retrieved.

ME
Could you inform me of this?

remy
It is only for allowing your deposit transaction to beprocessed.

ME
I understand why, but could you please answer myother question that I have now asked several times?

ME
What specific information is gathered by SBOBETwhen I allow them access to my account?

(There was 10 minutes of silence)

ME
Are you there?

remy
I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

remy
For further assistance with your inquiry, please sendus an email to support@sbobet.com using yourregistered email address.

ME
Can you not answer my question?

remy
Please email us your inquiry for further assistance.

ME
Ok, thank you

remy
You're welcome.

How is everyone responding to this new occurrence? It seems like its gone under the carpet somewhat, I'm surprised it isn't considered more of a concern.
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:36 pm

For now 188bet,sbo and pinnacle ask me this and i need to give them permission.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:35 pm

The answers are too vague from their behalf on this subject I feel. If they could unequivocally state they are not collecting information I would trust them, but one moment they say it's just for protection like in my conversation, then another conversation they go back and forth saying they don't collect anything and then contradict themselves stating they only collect transaction details between them. Referring to that fact that they can do this if the permission is given disturbs me, as it implies they could have access to a vast amount of information.
How possible is it that these "permissions" to "apps" from Pinnacle, Sbo and 188bet are collecting vast amounts of data and all going into some sort of system and being cross-referenced? A highly sophisticated program could very well be capable of doing this and making clear assumptions about certain accounts.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Just to note here, the bookies are not getting your password, as you enter your details on neteller api page.
Even with your password, 2FA will restrict access to your account. Paranoid people can change their password after giving the permissions, but some new bookies use the neteller api for deposits instead of the secure code.

About collecting and trading information, guys they have been doing this under the table all the time, now they just ask your permission to continue doing it.
After you login to the api you see what permissions you give, like postal address, date of birth etc. I haven't seen a permission to ask for past transactions yet.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:53 pm

I believe the most specific information gained about this was when I contacted 188Bet about this earlier in this thread. As I said there, I don't have specific concerns about the information they say they can gain access to and 188Bet, SBOBet and Pinnacle aren't the sort of companies that work in a scammy way and aren't the sort of companies who will use any information they can see for dodgy purposes.

For people who are still uneasy about this process, they could open accounts at SBOBet and Pinnacle through brokers and then this procedure wouldn't be required for Neteller transactions.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Thordin wrote: About collecting and trading information, guys they have been doing this under the table all the time, now they just ask your permission to continue doing it.
Any proof of this?
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Skrill/Neteller share info with bookies, its a fact.  My betfair VIP account manager even confirmed this a couple of years back when I was at a racing hospitality event, its nearly always to catch multi-account and bonus fraud.
Never trust a goose!!!

Return to “Neteller ”