Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Rugby

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question for the forum.

I bet on rugby on over 46.5  but the game ended in 22-22 regular time and it went overtime 26-22 and I won the bet with the bookie but it was graded as lost bet.

When I called the bookie I was told that they had it on their rules, that  they do not allow overtime and  that is the reason I lost my bet.  I went and read their rules and they did not even include rugby in their rules or betting regulations.

I contacted them and send the screen shots of their rules to them for them to read.

My question now- since they did not include any rules about rugby on their rules and regulation - how should I go about this bet grading.

Thanks,

Your help is highly appreciated.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Rugby

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:04 pm

Which bookie?
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: Which bookie?
Tonybet

here is their rule link  https://ca.tonybet.com/betting-rules
here is their  Betting regulation link  https://ca.tonybet.com/betting-regulation
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:25 pm

I never noticed before but looking at them now, TonyBet's rules are a complete joke. They offer betting for so many sports but have rules for so few of them and even the rules they do have are pretty vague.

Even if TonyBet intended for the bet to not include overtime, they simply can't enforce a rule that isn't on their site.

Wait for TonyBet to come back to you and hopefully they show some common sense, change your bet to a winner and then hopefully they get to work on actually putting some proper rules on their site whilst also making sure these rules cover all sports.

If they are still not budging, go to SBR and then after that if needed go down the route of IBAS and the Gambling Commission as this is a cut and dried case with the only fair outcome being you getting your bet paid. If you're really getting nowhere, maybe even contact Tony G on Twitter to get him to sort it out.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:55 pm

luctens wrote: I never noticed before but looking at them now, TonyBet's rules are a complete joke. They offer betting for so many sports but have rules for so few of them and even the rules they do have are pretty vague.

Even if TonyBet intended for the bet to not include overtime, they simply can't enforce a rule that isn't on their site.

Wait for TonyBet to come back to you and hopefully they show some common sense, change your bet to a winner and then hopefully they get to work on actually putting some proper rules on their site whilst also making sure these rules cover all sports.

If they are still not budging, go to SBR and then after that if needed go down the route of IBAS and the Gambling Commission as this is a cut and dried case with the only fair outcome being you getting your bet paid. If you're really getting nowhere, maybe even contact Tony G on Twitter to get him to sort it out.
The good thing is that I have screen shoots of their so called rules and regulations in case they do change  today or later
Thanks Mate.
ProfGambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 am

Bobo wrote:
Tonybet

here is their  Betting regulation link  https://ca.tonybet.com/betting-regulation
Why you play with small books. You want to lose money. Just stick with the main bookmakers who are legit.

Your best bet is to contact SBR. May be they can assist you.
luctens
To become a Pro

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:51 am

ProfGambler wrote:
Bobo wrote:
Tonybet

Why you play with small books. You want to lose money. Just stick with the main bookmakers who are legit.

Your best bet is to contact SBR. May be they can assist you.
There's no way that TonyBet can be considered as a "small book" in relative terms. They are not in the top echelons at the moment but they are nowhere near the bottom of the pile. For sure their rules section leaves a lot to be desired but they are definitely a "legit" and reputable book in general terms and no glaring reason not to play with them.
Last edited by luctens on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:09 am

I would like to know if anyone here knows how I can file a  Complaint to Estonian gaming authorities or should I file a complaint to IBAS,Since Tonybet is regulated by  Estonian gaming authorities .

Thanks,

Bobo.
luctens
To become a Pro

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Bobo wrote: I would like to know if anyone here knows how I can file a  Complaint to Estonian gaming authorities or should I file a complaint to IBAS,Since Tonybet is regulated by  Estonian gaming authorities .

Thanks,

Bobo.
So I take it TonyBet have come back to you after you've provided evidence that they have nothing in their rules regarding this and still refused your bet? If so do you care to tell us exactly what they said to you as I can't see how they are trying to justify continuing to refuse your bet in this situation.

I would personally go to SBR first as if they can get it resolved, it will be a lot quicker, we're talking resolved within a few days whereas with IBAS you're talking weeks or months.

If you get nowhere with SBR, I would then go to IBAS. They can be useless a lot of the time as they rigidly stick to what it says in the bookmakers' terms and conditions and usually take absolutely nothing else into account. However, in this situation where the issue is pretty much solely down to their terms and conditions or lack of them, then I would be pretty confident that IBAS would rule in your favour, however as I said it is best to try and get SBR to sort it out first as that would be a lot quicker.

If you still get nowhere, TonyBet are licenced by both the UK Gambling Commission and the Estonian authorities, so you will need to ask TonyBet which of these authorities you need to take your complaint to and if it is the Estonian authorities they say you must take it to, TonyBet need to give you contact details for them.

As I said before, an alternative is to contact Tony G on Twitter. There is also a guy called Paul Fairhead on Twitter who is a sort of one-man SBR on https://twitter.com/BoycottBetfred and he'll probably try to sort it out for you.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello

Thank you for your e-mail.

We want to kindly inform you that in case of bets for sports matches, all betting outcomes shall be set with regard to the regular time of the match  (i.e. the match time without extensions). Please note that in Canberra Raiders - New Zealand Warriors, 2016-07-22 22:00 game ended with result 22-22 during the regular time leaving the sum of both teams at 44. The final score was 26 - 22 was after the extension time, that is why your bet was settled as lots.
Have a nice day!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
---
Kind regards,

TonyBet Canada Support
+370-700-33309
support@tonybet.com

luctens
To become a Pro

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Bobo wrote: Hello

Thank you for your e-mail.

We want to kindly inform you that in case of bets for sports matches, all betting outcomes shall be set with regard to the regular time of the match  (i.e. the match time without extensions). Please note that in Canberra Raiders - New Zealand Warriors, 2016-07-22 22:00 game ended with result 22-22 during the regular time leaving the sum of both teams at 44. The final score was 26 - 22 was after the extension time, that is why your bet was settled as lots.
Have a nice day!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
---
Kind regards,

TonyBet Canada Support
+370-700-33309
support@tonybet.com

What a load of crap. I have no doubt that the intention was for them to have offered this for normal time only but that simply needs to be backed up in black and white with specific terms and conditions stating this. There isn't anything in writing backing up what they say, so that decides this case.

Go ahead with the steps I went through previously and get your payout.
Last edited by luctens on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:06 pm

This the rules from the Estonian gaming authorities
https://www.emta.ee/eng/business-client/excise-duties-assets-gambling/organisation-remote-gambling

7. While organising gambling as remote gambling, the operator shall disclose to every player:
1) the name and address of the gambling operator, and the numbers of the decisions on the issue of the activity licence and operating permit;
2) the rules of the game or a reference to the website where the rules are available;
3) a reference to the requirements deriving from § 34 of the Gambling Act;
4) an attention-drawing warning regarding the addictive nature of gambling and the contact details of the organisations that assist gambling addicts;
5) information on all the expenses deriving from the making of bets or distribution of prizes, which shall be incurred by the player or which shall be set off against a prize won by the player or against the payments transferred to the account of the gambling operator for the making of bets.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”