BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Have you ever had a Bonus and Winnings taken?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
barnstorm
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Have you ever had a Bonus and Winnings taken?

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:22 am

Have you ever had a Bonus and Winnings taken back? In the Bonus terms, they say they can do that if they feel you are not a recreational player or if they detect your are engaged in arbitrage.

I could see them revoking and taking back the bonus, but would they go so far as to also repossess your winnings during that time?
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Have you ever had a Bonus and Winnings taken?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:51 am

barnstorm wrote: Have you ever had a Bonus and Winnings taken back? In the Bonus terms, they say they can do that if they feel you are not a recreational player or if they detect your are engaged in arbitrage.

I could see them revoking and taking back the bonus, but would they go so far as to also repossess your winnings during that time?
No, never had that problem. The terms you see about removing bonus funds if you are engaging in arbitrage etc is really just a ploy to try and scare customers away from doing it rather than anything a bookmaker can truly enforce as they can't see what bets you've placed elsewhere so they can't prove that you are doing arbitrage etc and therefore they can't legally enforce any term like that in practice.

You may find however some scam bookies will try and void your bets for a number of reasons and say that it is for arbitrage betting and if they do that, they will remove your bonus and all winnings and you will usually be left with just your deposit back.

But no reputable bookmaker will ever try to enforce confiscating your bonus and winnings solely because they think you were arbing as they simply can't prove it.
Last edited by luctens on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
barnstorm
Has experience

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:01 am

So, all they can prove or show is that you hit "value" lines or "stale" lines?

Maybe it's better to take your bonuses with the "sharp" bookies and play the "soft" bookies straight.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:50 am

barnstorm wrote: So, all they can prove or show is that you hit "value" lines or "stale" lines?

Maybe it's better to take your bonuses with the "sharp" bookies and play the "soft" bookies straight.
They can tell if you hit value prices just like they can when you're not betting with a bonus, but them identifying you hitting value prices is not grounds for them to confiscate bonus and winnings.

You'll be hitting value prices any way as that is an occupational hazard of arbing so whether you're betting those value prices when you have an active bonus or if you're betting with bonus funds, that makes little difference.

I have always taken bonuses when available and I've never felt that taking the bonus meant it took a shorter time to get limited as opposed to if I hadn't taken the bonus and as long as you use reputable bookies, you shouldn't get into any problems with bookies voiding your bonus because of arbitrage play etc so I feel that not taking bonuses is just leaving money on the table unnecessarily.
barnstorm
Has experience

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:05 am

Okay, thanks for the advice. As you say, no sense leaving money on the table!

Return to “Bookies discussion”