RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Bet-at-home tactics

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Bet-at-home tactics

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 am

Hello. I would like to share with you my story and ask for support along the way.
  A few weeks ago I created a bet-at-home account (stupid ideea, yes, I know). I spoke with a member of the team on chat first, because I had an account with them before when I was living in another country and he said its fine, I can open a new one, the old one is closed.
  After depositing, pictures of id and proof of address, nothing unusual, but shortly after I was requested a picture of me holding my id and a picture of me in front of my house. Seeing this I have delayed placing any bets as it seemed off. The proceedure itself was ridiculous and insulting.  I told them I live in a flat, and they said in front of the flat with the id in the hand. When that was sent they said not in front of the flat, in front of the building, we want to see the building. I felt like a dork taking selfies around outside.
  So now the fun part starts: i get an email saying that a connection between me and I quote "other accounts" was found and in order to gain acces to my account I have to explain it. I have tried everything, the stupid and annoying "this is not a valid explanation" comes every time..
  Now, I know there are people arround here that get profit from bookmakers, and I do not blame them, but mine is not the case. I am determined to recover my money with exposing this guys as the worms that they are. After wasting time with complaints proceedures online, were I was tossed from one to another and told to "solve the dispute internal with the bookie",  I decided to take a bigger step and I've made a claim in an UK court. I ve seen a solicitor yesterday which I got help from.

I know this post is getting longer, but it is very important for me to stop every person which is thinking of opening his acount with BAH. Please, save yourself the stress, the time and the money. There are a few well known reliable bookmakers out there.

And also, I know people here certainly have experience, is it something you would recommend doing?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Bet-at-home tactics

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 am

SBR told me BAH does not discuss cases with third parties and to go to MGA.
MGA said it is not their case I need to go to UK gambling commission.
And shock. The uk Gambling commission said it is not their case I need to go to ecogra.
And all of them said it is better to solve it directly with BAH internal procedures.
I am done with this mockery. It appears you are powerless facing this modern days mafia. I made a money claim in an UK court and I want to see them sending a representative explaining the situation. This will be like the mastercard commercial: PRICELESS.
The only down side to this is that it will take a while, as they are based abroad and the procedures take longer.
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:09 am

did you open the account trough an affiliate ?
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 am

my_username wrote: did you open the account trough an affiliate ?
No. I opened the account myself, as normal.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:49 am

I recccomend you always doing min deposit new shitty bookie  10-50 eur-so you can leave it then abusing yourself. Sry it is insulting to make selfies front of the flat or so...
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:03 am

bah is pretty well known and i doubt they just decided to *be shit* now

there must have been an issue imo
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Bah is pretty well known indeed but they have not "just" decided to be as you say they are. A brief search on google about them reveals lots and lots of complains and folks having problems. Unfortunately it is pretty difficult when you have an issue like this to get it public. Just think about the people who decide to let it go and don t do anything.
perch
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:22 pm

martie wrote:  
  After depositing, pictures of id and proof of address, nothing unusual, but shortly after I was requested a picture of me holding my id and a picture of me in front of my house.

thats a new tactic. lol. what a bunch of jerks.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 pm

As long you are telling the truth and they have nothing to be suspicious of you about, this is ridiculous behaviour from Bet-at-home. No bank or any other institution would ask for any of this rubbish, but they think they are God and can ask for this crap. Unbelievable.

Although it is a complete pain, you must complete Bet-at-home's complaints procedure before anything will be heard in court etc so you need to get a written final response from Bet-at-home confirming their reasoning for not paying you out.

Then if the MGA have told you it is nothing to do with them, get them to confirm that in writing. If the UKGC have then said it is nothing to do with them, get them to confirm that in writing.

If UKGC then say you must go to ecogra, then although it's a pain then that's what you must do to try and get it resolved first before going to court. I'm surprised that they haven't referred you to IBAS so if you get nowhere with ecogra, firstly get written confirmation of their reasoning not to rule in your favour and also confirm with UKGC if you have to go to IBAS to complain or not and if they say you don't have to take it to IBAS, get the UKGC to confirm that in writing.

If you get nowhere with ecogra and you are told you don't have to go to IBAS, then by that stage you will have tried to resolve it with the bookmaker and tried to resolve it with the approved and recommended Alternative Dispute Resolution Service and have been rejected all the way through and you will have got written documentation regarding this whole process.

Only then will your case be heard in the courts. If your amount isn't very large, then you may be best to take this to the Small Claims Court rather than the potential high expense of employing a lawyer to go to the bigger courts. Whichever court you decide to take it to, you can then fight your case in court and see what Bet-at-home have to say there and I would have thought if you win then surely Bet-at-home would have to reimburse all of your legal fees.

Other alternatives you may want to consider is the EU ADR service at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage and also you can get some advice from https://twitter.com/gondorffhenry who runs the site http://www.justiceforpunters.org.

The whole process is a complete pain if you want to go down the line of taking it all the way to court and that is generally what the bookmakers rely on that the punter can't be bothered with all of this crap and therefore the punter would usually give up and the bookmaker gets away with it, but if you believe you are in the right, take it all the way and teach Bet-at-home a lesson.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:44 am

Martie, what is the confiscated amount of money?
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 am

The money I deposited is 250 GBP.

Luctens, I understand what you are saying but bet-at-home procedure or any notice from them is inexistent, as they stopped replying any of my emails. It is like I am talking to myself.
And also, the claim I ve made is in the money claim court, which you seem to know how it s working. It looked like a good decision at the moment and I m standing firmly behind it.
Regarding ecogra, I've read their T&C. It states that I cannot file a complaint with them if any court action has begun.

The thing that is annoying me a lot is that this worms are not saying clearly that they are refraining me from my money, they are just saying my account will be reactivated when a valid explanation will be provided.
Example :
ME:
Hello.
Following our previous conversation,  I am entitled to be informed what will happen will my funds in any circumstances with any decision being taken.
There is not any connection between me and other accounts and there is no explanation I could possible have for something I do not know. Please take a decision in my case and notify me about it.
Worms:
We will be happy to assist you again once you ve sent us a valid explanation to verification@bet-at-home.com. Untill then, however, we won' be able to provide you with further information about your account.
We appreciate your cooperation.

Now my question is, this employees, which have nothing much to do with the company direction, are they the classic stereotype of the low life full of hate people or they are just getting paid good ?
arbusers
Administrator

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 am

Did you have any betting action with them? Or did they lock your account shortly after your deposit?
Thank you.
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:43 am

I didn't place any bet. They did not locked my account shortly after opening. I got an email saying that my account will be frozen if I do not provide identification in 72 hours from opening. This is how it got closed but I think was an automatically generated thing, because I was having an ongoing conversation in the same period with verification when they asked all sort of stuff from me.
arbusers
Administrator

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:00 am

Martie, you mentioned that you had a live chat with them and they allowed you to start a new account. Is there any possibility that you kept a copy of that chat?
martie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:05 am

I did make a print screen and I have it. That was my first thought when I was asked for explanations in the first place, and I wrote them with this ideea, but they said it is nothing regarding my previous account.

Return to “Bookies discussion”