January 18, 2017, 01:36:14 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

Does anyone bet sports for a living here (Not Arbing)? (page 2)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »
Author Topic: Does anyone bet sports for a living here (Not Arbing)?  (Read 3556 times)
MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 08:12:22 AM »

4% of people make a long term profit from gambling - 99% of arbers do - let the mugs gamble

RoosterDonky
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »

Dang I'm surprised the number is as high as 4%

Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!

luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »

4% of people make a long term profit from gambling - 99% of arbers do - let the mugs gamble
I wouldn't estimate anywhere near 4%. I would say worldwide only 1 in 500 of bettors make some kind of profit long term and only 1 in 2500 make a living from betting.

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 06:24:01 PM »

4% has been the general figure for years - maybe less now but even 4% is pretty low and most of those will have connections to syndicates or inside information

I don't believe that any tipster will make anyone decent long term profits

RoosterDonky
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

Me either when u add in cost of picks.

Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!

Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 02:10:33 AM »

It's rare but happens. An obvious and accessible example was http://www.systematicbetting.com/
He had some serious health problems recently but nobody ever questioned his integrity or quality of picks. The problem for 96%  of punters would be not his fees but their inability to place bets due to books limiting their accounts.

maletaja
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 02:38:38 AM »

One thing is dispersion. Why you need to play 1%-2% valuebets with severe variation. And furthermore u are not sure that your valuebets +EV at all I just think there are lot more ways doing business with higher margin and less variation
Im sure high money are made of inside information. For example tennis. If u know exactly about players form , injuries, motivation...u have 10%+ valuebets and its worth to try now not guessing...

ProfGambler

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 06:35:49 AM »

It's rare but happens. An obvious and accessible example was http://www.systematicbetting.com/
 The problem for 96%  of punters would be not his fees but their inability to place bets due to books limiting their accounts.

I call this BS. If you are pure betting, then you don't need to rely on softbooks. You can place your bets on exchanges or sharp books. Getting limited is just another excuse

Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »

Why pure betting should be different than arbing? Everyone's after value and nothing else

Also, it's not an excuse here. That's why you're part of the 4%, aren't you?

luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 02:33:04 AM »

4% has been the general figure for years - maybe less now but even 4% is pretty low and most of those will have connections to syndicates or inside information

It's always been speculated on but I've never seen anyone that says they have a very good idea of the percentage of bettors that are long term winners actually have any kind of evidence to back it up. Is your 4% figure an estimate that you've just come up with yourself or is there something you've seen or someone you know etc where you've got this figure from?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:36:50 AM by luctens » Logged

luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »

I bet for a living but I am lucky to be betting in a country where I can bet in person so there's no way I can get red flagged and banned, even hitting soft lines.
I don't know which country you're in but it's definitely not the UK as the UK land based based betting shops have pictures of smart bettors alongside the armed robbers. I'm surprised though if there isn't any customer profiling/restrictions or whatever in your country even if you're betting in person.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:07:21 PM by luctens » Logged

Thordin
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 05:01:22 PM »

Just keep ripping off your street bookies and be quiet about it.

Yngwie/Sawyer
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 09:18:36 AM »

I believe the number of smart minority who are making money by sports betting over long haul is "definetely" less then %1.

I used to be a Professional Handicapper too. I remember the day, I had quit my day job and started to work Full Time Professional Handicapper. I had my own service, had many clients from different parts of the world. It's a tough job. Bad swings, unfortunate losing streaks are unavoidable.

After I started arbing, I lost my motivation to handicap games and terminated my handicapper service. Time to time, I take some bets too but not often. When you full focused on arbing, you lose your motivation for handicapping.

However, I don't think we should not be betting. Value betting/Dropping Odds (or another profitable angle/system) can be a "good addition" to your arsenal. Just be careful with stakes!

My advice to people who want to make a living by betting on sports. Bankroll is important. Your bankroll is your inventory, it's your lifeblood. When you run out of blood, you're out of game. You must have a large bankroll and the Three Steels. Nerves of steel, Heart of steel and BALLS of steel :D

You should not get upset after a bad losing run. You must have nerves of steel.
You should always bet with your head, never with your heart.
And finally, you should always be ready to take the risk!

Money management is very important. I suggest to bet %1 or %2 each bet. Think it like a snowball. As your bankroll increases, your profits will increase too. When your bankroll is 50k, you're betting 1000€ each game. When your bankroll increased to 60k, you will be betting 1200€ every game. If you can increse your bankroll by %10 ever month, your 100,000€ will turn into 314,000€  after 12 months. Bet limits shouldn't be so much problem as long as you have access to Betfair, Pinnacle and Asians. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:31:13 AM by Yngwie/Sawyer » Logged

Summer, Sun, Beach!

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »

Yngwie, what are you doing now as a full job?

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »

Yngwie, what are you doing now as a full job?

Guitar genius obviously :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
« previous next »