Where to go next?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Where to go next?

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post on the site. Basically I'm after a little bit of advice on how to progress what I'm currently doing. I've been arbing for around 7 years but mainly using softbooks and taking advantage of the bet365 sign up offer. I only do simple arbs with 2/3 outcomes and usually in mainstream sports such as snooker, darts, rugby, NFL, cricket and tennis. I would estimate that I make around 15k a year (don't keep it all to myself) but as you can imagine regularly get accounts closed by bookmakers...sometimes after one bet! Friends also have to take a cut of the profits which lowers what I actually make significantly.

From the small amount I have read on this forum I feel like the majority of people on here are more advanced that me when it comes to arbing and I was hoping someone could help shed some light on how I can expand on what I'm doing to ultimately make more profit? I am happy to share further information on what I currently do if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Arbermac on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Where to go next?

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:12 pm

Post modified a little bit.
bookieslayer
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:33 am

You are making 15K arbing full time? Can't you simply just put a bunch more time in? Maybe ask some specific questions about what exactly is it with arbing you are looking to improve on. Avoiding limitations, best arb services etc etc

And read everything you can on these forums, as you will find it hard to get anything new which is not already posted here somewhere.
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

After placing my post I realised that it probably was a bit vague. I currently do about 10 hours a week on arbing as this is all it takes to max out the resources I have (accounts and limits per bet). I am currently using a 12k bankroll and I'd say the average arb I bet on is around 4%. I don't currently use software to find arbs but instead use markets I have learnred to be profitable.

I would like to make this my full time occupation so answers to the following questions would help.

1. If I increased my bankroll to 20k would this be enough to make a yearly income of 30k? If people don't mind sharing....what can a full time arber earn?

2. Is the bookmaker Pinnacle the main one to use? I currently do not have an account and mainly use the UK high street bookmakers (online and in shop)

3. Is an arb service a neccessity? Again I don't currently use one. I've always had the belief that the good arbs they produce will have all members rushing to put them on and therefore less chance in actually getting on myself and more chance in moving odds.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm

To make anywhere near £30K a year would IMO require a bankroll of over £100K, and either lots of friends or find a niche arbing area that makes you money by arbing Pinny v the exchanges.  (No one will tell you their money making niches, you gotta find one yourself)
Never trust a goose!!!
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 pm

dealer wins wrote: To make anywhere near £30K a year would IMO require a bankroll of over £100K, and either lots of friends or find a niche arbing area that makes you money by arbing Pinny v the exchanges.  (No one will tell you their money making niches, you gotta find one yourself)
complete nonsense

arbermac, be careful who you listen to, you do not need 100k to make 30k, do not listen to those who try
and put you off, a skillfull arber does not need such funds, you have the foundation with your experience
of last 7 years you just have to go to the next level and the next again.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:48 pm

I wouldn't suggest it if you were a newbie but since you say you've been doing this for 7 years and can identify profitable markets plus you have surplus of time (arbing only 10 hours a week) why not go a step further and try trading. Very small stakes at the beginning (protecting your small bankroll) and increasing them only when/if your confidence grows. It's more difficult but no limits there...  Plus in the process, who knows, you can spot some arbing niches to exploit as well...
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi, thanks again for the replies.

Yes I feel 100k would be a bit excessive considering I'm making over 100% return on my money yearly at the minute.

I already have some nice niches....for instance last night I placed 4 arbs with the total stake just under 4K and made £180 profit (just under 5%) but on signing into the stanjames account I was using this morning (not my own) and trying to put on some further arbs of similar value found my max bet to be only £18. This is the problem I'm constantly coming up against and it becomes a hassle to not just find people to open accounts for me but also the fact I then have to cut them into the profits. There's no way I can make the 30k I would need to replace my current arbing and job incomes combined continuing the way I'm going which is why I posted the original post.

I think I will have a look into trading but am a little sceptical as over the past 7 year I've done everything risk free (well 99%) and have not had to make any real decisions. I will also do some research into Pinnacle and Betfair as they do seem to be the sites with least problems when it comes to getting big stakes on at good prices.

In general would it be safe to say that staking more money on smaller arbs more often is a better way to go about things than less money on bigger arbs less often? Or in reality does it not really matter?

If anyone has any other good bookmakers to use that would be great. There seems to be several companies advertising with football clubs recently and to be able to do this they must be making some serious money.

Thanks again.
bookieslayer
Has experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Sounds to me like you need to manage your books better. How are you with avoiding limitations? Have you read everything you can on simple mistakes you can avoid to stop having accounts shut down so quickly? Have you found ways to open new accounts? There is a bunch of good information on here and on the net in general. You just have to read between the lines as no one is just going to give you the answer.

Asking question number 2 lets me assume you definitely would benefit by just putting in some time to read the forums as much as possible. Open more books/find better prices.

Why would you need an arb service if you are already maxing out your resources as it is? I would just be finding ways to open new accounts and placings bets based on the niche market you already have experience in. If you find you start maxing out that market sure then look at an arb service. The only other point would be what your niche market actually is (obviously don't tell me it) but is it a small liquid market or big? As smaller markets are always going to get limited much quicker by bookies.

I am not actually an arber just FYI. I value bet. But it all translates.
bookieslayer
Has experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:48 pm

You replied as I was writing a reply :) So ignore some of my questions you already answered. Sounds like you have a good idea. Def look into more books such as pinny/betfair.
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Haha thanks for taking the time to reply anyway ????????

Just out of interest if I have an arb that is between two outcomes A and B and I'm getting 1/1 on A when at all other bookies it is odds on at say 4/6, and getting 5/4 on B when at all other bookies it is 10/11 which bet represents the best value of I was a value bettor?

Cheers
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:59 am

If you want to stick to arbing why not try to increase your bankroll. You wrote you take advantage of b365 bonus, why not of other bookies as well? I wouldn't advise it to a newbie but 7 years is substantial experience and if you feel confident  enough in your skills - why not consider a loan? If your income is a function of your bankroll than the bigger the bankroll... I'm not suggesting going full in but increasing your bl two or threefold shouldn't be a problem.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 am

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Btw, Trump and Clinton just started, I'm off for now. It might be be great and hilarious ;D
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:52 am

Hi, I'm from the UK.

The reason I do bet365 is because of how much bonus they offer.

I only really open accounts with well known UK bookmakers but maybe it's time to start looking further afield as I've seen some with huge bonuses like bet365.
Last edited by Arbermac on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 am

Post modified a little bit to protect the poster and the forum.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”