January 17, 2017, 08:58:49 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

valuebet vs arbitrage (page 2)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
« previous next »
Author Topic: valuebet vs arbitrage  (Read 5617 times)
maletaja
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

BTW betting pinnacle im not sure you are losing only 2% juice. Its only big leagues. Small leagues there could be 4-5% juice even with pinnacle
200 bets are enough for betting. Second thing is most of bookies let you bet 20-50bets. So 20k bankroll you dont have to consider variation

antemartic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 08:13:28 PM »

All money I made in last 5 years 90% of it is from value. And in last 5 years there was time when my roi was over 20%. Who say value are just on softs??? If you good enough you will be able to find value at pinnacle. Last year at pinnacle with huge number of picks I had there roi 8%. So my advice if you can choose arb or value and have enough cash go value. but if you have for example 10 000 you can place just 50 eur if go value. but with same amount of money you can arb 1 000 or more. so for start go arb and later move to value.

MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »

Wouldn't people get limited by the softs quickly just as they do with arbing - you are taking the same value lines aren't you?

antemartic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »

most time it was on markets which sharp does't have. I was betting on my bet365 account 10 years. 6 years losing money and 4 years making money there. And now first bet placed on that market limit 1/4 and second bet account is 1%.( it's not important is stake 10 or 1000) That market never shown at any service like arb. Most peoples here think if it's arb than is value and that's only value they see. Yes it's true. But if find value on other markets which never be involved in any arb your account can least longer and much higher value can be found there

yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »

one word, variance

if you're gong to value bet (by yourself) you better have large pockets, strong nerve and be
prepared for a long haul,

value betting is being talked up here as there's a product coming out to be flogged!

sure you can be a success at value betting, but the clue's in the name, you are betting
and you can lose too, variance cannot be your enemy, better to arb, we are here for guaranteed
profits after all, but if you are to discuss value betting properly then the likelihood of little or no
profit exists.

sure the less well informed can be exploited, sign up with the dominant guys and they take the cream,
they may not drive a Ferrari but they certainly can afford to buy just about any car, unlike those they
claim to be helping.

yes, talk up value betting for the right reasons, sure the smart guys succeed at this, these are guys
who work by themselves, take 100% of the risks and 100% of the profits, most arbers prefer the guaranteed
profit and won't even value bet on a palp!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:21:48 PM by yorkjoss » Logged

RoosterDonky
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 06:05:04 AM »

Max,
I make the bets within 30 minutes to game time so maybe its not targeted as much by the Books for limitation.
I also only do the "popular" sports that has a lot of amateur bettors.
Since May I got limited at 188 and that's it.
Back in the arbing days, well we know how quickly accounts get used up.

Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!

fairpunter
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 09:18:19 AM »

Wouldn't people get limited by the softs quickly just as they do with arbing - you are taking the same value lines aren't you?
probably it is the same thing, but value bettors take negative arbs but only back sharp sides at soft bookies.
It is my own opinion, value bettors depends on bookmakers and bookmakers never let valuebettors down, because successful value bettors (who wants to get profit log term) have huge bankroll and bookmakers need their money and ready to give them few profit instead of huge bankroll for a long term, and bookmakers regulate it as well, it is like asian bookies give rebate.
post modified
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:50:49 PM by fairpunter » Logged

Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »

probably it is the same thing, but value bettors take negative arbs but only back soft sides.
It is my own opinion, value bettors depends on bookmakers and bookmakers never let valuebettors down, because successful value bettors (who wants to get profit log term) have huge bankroll and bookmakers need their money and ready to give them few profit instead of huge bankroll for a long term, and bookmakers regulate it as well, it is like asian bookies give rebate.
But how bookies can say the difference whether if it's an arber or valuebettor who takes their soft lines? If they want to defend themselves from arbers, valuebettors're in the same bag (the only difference might be smaller stakes but as we all know limits don't depend on stakes...)

fairpunter
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »

But how bookies can say the difference whether if it's an arber or valuebettor who takes their soft lines? If they want to defend themselves from arbers, valuebettors're in the same bag (the only difference might be smaller stakes but as we all know limits don't depend on stakes...)
give me just 10-15 bets and betburger,rebelbetting daily subscription, then I will exactly say that you are arber, valuebettor or amateur bettor.
Arbers and valuebettors are not in the same bag, if you find arb for the main markets (money line 1X2, total goals over/under) it is also 80-90% valuebet, but if you find valuebet you can`t say it is also arb

Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »

See your point. Is it commonly shared experience that bookies see it too and don't limit value bettors?

MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »

probably it is the same thing, but value bettors take negative arbs but only back soft sides.

Negative arbs is something I never even considered but makes total sense because you are not covering the sharp side - bit obvious really :D

dealer wins
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »

Im not convinced about taking negative arbs on the soft side.  Surely that will result in a loss in the long run? 

Never trust a goose!!!

testez
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »

Im not convinced about taking negative arbs on the soft side.  Surely that will result in a loss in the long run?

on main sports, leagues and markets if u beat the sharps odds at least by their margins u should be fine long term even if the arb is a negative one.
should go without saying that taking the "soft" odds closer to the starting point is important.

P.S. most ppl should leave negative arbs alone though.

maletaja
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:35 PM »

I think its statistical thing that taking soft side vs pinn you are winning. BUT pinn lines cannot be truthul when it comes to AI who says precise odds for event. I see it sometimes when i make valuebet my favourite event and i know more about that event

fairpunter
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 03:41:26 PM »

See your point. Is it commonly shared experience that bookies see it too and don't limit value bettors?
no, it is not commonly shared experience, it is my own shared experience :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
« previous next »