RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

valuebet vs arbitrage

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: valuebet vs arbitrage

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

i dont get it soft could be getting 100k+bets  while pinnacle min bet is 80 and wont raise over 350. So there cannot be large volume in pinnacle
example 1

1.85 1.85 soft i hit 4k bet soft wont change because they follow pinnacle crappy stake 1.9 1.9 max 80 bet
I hit pinnacle 4k odds change smth 1.75 2.3 then soft starts to "live"
RoosterDonky
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 am

This will be entertaining, watching yall trying to explain value betting to Fairpunter.
Be prepared for such gems such as.... it didn't work yesterday so it doesn't work ever.
If any of you guys do succeed pm me i need some help explaining the effects of a  compounding bank roll to my 3 legged dog Lucky.
I'm gonna pop some popcorn up and enjoy this mayhem.
Last edited by RoosterDonky on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 am

maletaja wrote: i dont get it soft could be getting 100k+bets  while pinnacle min bet is 80 and wont raise over 350. So there cannot be large volume in pinnacle
example 1

1.85 1.85 soft i hit 4k bet soft wont change because they follow pinnacle crappy stake 1.9 1.9 max 80 bet
I hit pinnacle 4k odds change smth 1.75 2.3 then soft starts to "live"
Your soft will not change their policy because 1 player hits a very soft line for 4k in a crappy market.  If anything, they will quickly go under by allowing such action and I can guarantee you they won't allow 4k bets on a small market for long as this is simply a terrible business model that is not sustainable long term.
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Actually with your failed picks thread...
You showed us what crying was.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by RoosterDonky on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
middler
Has experience

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Gambling is a very big word.

The way you are saying it, means that any form of investment with uncertainty is a gamble and therefore almost any decision you take in life is a gamble.

Would placing a bet for djokovic against some itf guy at odds 2,0 be a gamble?

There is uncertainty of course, but do you think that there is a reason why yo would get at most 1,01 (if you even get the chance to place a bet)?

Of course it is an example where difference is very big, but that doesn't mean that on closer events there aren't overpaid results.

You need to understand that value betting is not about always picking the winner, but picking the overpaid odds.

Why do you think that it is possible to place an arb? Do you think that you have 2 fair and accurate odds that will create guaranteed profit for you?
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 am

sinigo wrote: Guys we have this forum to be more productive. It is no sense to insult each other, we are in the same boat
Fairpunter mentioned crying so I thought he'd be interested in crying posts...made by himself.
Sucks when you accuse others of something when you have a history of that activity that is 5X worse than what you are accusing the other person of.
Oh and the humanity to be called out on it.
Sad day for Fairpunter indeed.
GrayGreen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 am

Mark_Waugh wrote:
middler wrote: Gambling is a very big word.

The way you are saying it, means that any form of investment with uncertainty is a gamble and therefore almost any decision you take in life is a gamble.

Would placing a bet for djokovic against some itf guy at odds 2,0 be a gamble?

There is uncertainty of course, but do you think that there is a reason why yo would get at most 1,01 (if you even get the chance to place a bet)?

Of course it is an example where difference is very big, but that doesn't mean that on closer events there aren't overpaid results.

You need to understand that value betting is not about always picking the winner, but picking the overpaid odds.

Why do you think that it is possible to place an arb? Do you think that you have 2 fair and accurate odds that will create guaranteed profit for you?
Well explained sir.
Couldn't explain it better even myself. I especially agree with

"You need to understand that value betting is not about always picking the winner, but picking the overpaid odds."

It is exactly as you say,

GG

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”