RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

1.91/1.91

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

1.91/1.91

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:22 am

I notice these markets time to time, usually in the form of handicap or total markets. What I find sometimes is a certain book or two has not taken action on this type of market and therefore the odds are this way.
Elsewhere, sometimes at a sharper book, sometimes softer, the odds on these markets may have changed drastically, with a leg at 1.36/1.4 etc.
I tend to overlook these 1.91s a lot as with a lot of books I consider them palps, but it seems to me that in essence, a 1.91/1.91 market is a non-palp market, because they are opening odds waiting for action to be taken.

When people see a 1.91/1.91 odds with a book, where elsewhere the odds have changed drastically, do you take the bet? I find these troublesome, as I think it's just as easy for a book to declare it void as it is for them to grade it as lost if it does lose.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: 1.91/1.91

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:38 am

I take it as long as it's obvious it's not a palp. What I mean with obvious is those odds not being consistent with the rest of markets in the same bookie, e.g. a + handicap at 1.91 and the ML for that same team at lower odds, etc.

Other than that I make the bet (depending on the bookie, really), in the belief that the probability of getting corrected odds or void bet is made up for by the considerably big expected return.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”