RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing and spread betting

Ask anything about smart gambling
Arbfan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Arbing and spread betting

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Yes . In trading on exchange you make money on trend and when you in trend you are limited in win and lock in time .
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Thats as clear as mud lol
Never trust a goose!!!
Arbfan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:13 am

In binary option you are limited in exact win and loss and time . But If you just buy or sell real contract you can manage your possition and your potential winning could by much more like options.
downunder
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:39 pm

dealer wins wrote: I dont think you can "arb" spread betting, but I will be open to be corrected.
You definitely can, it is just a case of buying lower than selling! I am referring to sports spread betting btw.

Say you have accounts with both Spreadex and Sportingindex, both authorised and regulated by the UK FCA.

Now let's take a look at the "Time of first goal" market for a hypothetical soccer game, Italy vs Germany

Spreadex prices: SELL = 30, BUY = 34.

Sportingindex prices: SELL = 24, BUY - 28

So the obvious solution is to buy@28 and sell@30. If you staked £100 per point then you just made £200 because the difference between the buy and sell the multiplier for determining profit. Now it is important to remember that you didn't risk just £200.

On the spreadex side your max loss is (90-30) *100 = £6000

On the Sportingindex side your max loss is 28*100 = £2800

These amounts are withheld completely (unless you have some credit facility)

So for a £8800 investment, you made £200. 2.27%

Now just remember if the difference between the buy and sell price is bigger of course you make more. The softest markets tend to be the goal times and also player goal minutes. Once I tried to bet £200 on a buy/sell difference of 5 in the Total goal minutes market, spreadex suspended the market and my account got burned :(

It is also possible to create potentially extremely profitable situations in the process of arbing. If one firm includes extra time and the other does not, then player goal minutes can be very lucrative. If you sell (bet on it being under the given number) in the firm with no extra time and your player has not scored by the end of normal time, then you make what the sell price was times your stake. On the buy side if the player does not score then you lose the buy price*stake. BUT IF the player scores in extra time, then you will win both bets!

That has not happened to me yet but I live in hope ;) 

Hope that helps everyone out with sports spread betting.
Last edited by downunder on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Newbie's questions”