BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Anyone Arbing anything other than Sports?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
barnstorm
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:54 am

Bitcoin?

Commodities?

Stocks?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Anyone Arbing anything other than Sports?

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:37 am

Trading =/ arbing.
stevie
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:50 am

Would not say im trading bitcoin or ethereum but im holding them (btc mostly) in case of a scenario like
a doomsday in the markets or till emoney is a very serious thing.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:22 am

Hello,i am arbing stocks.I would be interesting to learn about commodities arbitrage.I only have read about bitcoin arbitrage.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:38 am

IMHO, the American election, Brexit referendum and Eurovision were the biggest arbing events this year (in this order).
Also, if your imagination can travel far aways, you could arb some other pairs.
I.E Trump's election vs USD/EUR, Brexit vs EUR/GBP.
Both pair's worked perfectly, provided that you were fast enough because Trump's winning speech was a game changer at least in the stock markets.
makarid
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:24 pm

The night of the American Election i was looking at the TV that Florida was 50-50 for winning Trump or Clinton.Then i went to check the market for Trump win.The odds for Trump was 7.00,after 30 minutes the odds was 2.00.It was insane! You could have made a huge profit! I never understand why the bookies had the odds for Trump so big. I believed that if he won the Florida(because of 29 electors) ,the change for winning the elections was at least 40%.
jo
joker9424

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Some guys tried to make money on the Italian Referendum but they took heavy looses.
The Italian Stock Market replied positively after the NO  and the EURO/USD after some initial looses replied also positively.

you have to be very careful
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:26 pm

ilovethisforum wrote: The night of the American Election i was looking at the TV that Florida was 50-50 for winning Trump or Clinton.Then i went to check the market for Trump win.The odds for Trump was 7.00,after 30 minutes the odds was 2.00.It was insane! You could have made a huge profit! I never understand why the bookies had the odds for Trump so big. I believed that if he won the Florida(because of 29 electors) ,the change for winning the elections was at least 40%.
I stayed up all that night to get lucky and was watching the coverage from CNN and Bloomberg at the same time. The coverage was a set up that reminds of a banana republic. What was the catch. Ballots are not closing at the same time across the US. There is a big time difference. Taking into account that all mass media were/are pro Clinton and against Trump, they wanted to create a winning stream for Clinton in order to influence those who would decide within the booth what to vote. Statistics show that this is a big %. The media were with-holding the results that could favour Trump and were presenting predominantly pro Clinton results. You could see in the presented maps that when a big red concentration was about to be formed, there were counties with no results. On the contrary, blue concentrations were solid. That made me understand that a set up was on going and a rapid fall of Trump's odds was ante portas. I was right.
makarid
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Arbusers wrote:
ilovethisforum wrote: The night of the American Election i was looking at the TV that Florida was 50-50 for winning Trump or Clinton.Then i went to check the market for Trump win.The odds for Trump was 7.00,after 30 minutes the odds was 2.00.It was insane! You could have made a huge profit! I never understand why the bookies had the odds for Trump so big. I believed that if he won the Florida(because of 29 electors) ,the change for winning the elections was at least 40%.
I stayed up all that night to get lucky and was watching the coverage from CNN and Bloomberg at the same time. The coverage was a set up that reminds of a banana republic. What was the catch. Ballots are not closing at the same time across the US. There is a big time difference. Taking into account that all mass media were/are pro Clinton and against Trump, they wanted to create a winning stream for Clinton in order to influence those who would decide within the booth what to vote. Statistics show that this is a big %. The media were with-holding the results that could favour Trump and were presenting predominantly pro Clinton results. You could see in the presented maps that when a big red concentration was about to be formed, there were counties with no results. On the contrary, blue concentrations were solid. That made me understand that a set up was on going and a rapid fall of Trump's odds was ante portas. I was right.
Nice creative thinking Arbusers! This is to remind us,that the odds aren't calibraded for the true % change of an outcome,but the public opinion on this outcome and media plays a huge role in it.We should thank them for this opportunity.God bless corrupted media! :)
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:12 pm

ilovethisforum wrote: Hello,i am arbing stocks.I would be interesting to learn about commodities arbitrage.I only have read about bitcoin arbitrage.
How do you arb stocks if it's not too much to ask?
makarid
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Bubbles wrote:
ilovethisforum wrote: Hello,i am arbing stocks.I would be interesting to learn about commodities arbitrage.I only have read about bitcoin arbitrage.
Merger Arbitrage.It has risks but it is arbitrage.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:53 pm

ilovethisforum wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
I've got simple mind. For me anything that bears a risk (other than one side of a bet being cancelled) is not arbitrage, but trading. Even if you buy two stocks at the same time (like with arbs) you effectively buy a trading position which may lead to profit or loss. It's also your decision when to exit the trade so it's by all means actively managed position. I write it just for the sake of clarity, I don't  intend to argue about names :) Good luck with it anyway and thanks for answering!
makarid
To become a Pro

Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Bubbles wrote:
ilovethisforum wrote:
Bubbles wrote: How do you arb stocks if it's not too much to ask?
I've got simple mind. For me anything that bears a risk (other than one side of a bet being cancelled) is not arbitrage, but trading. Even if you buy two stocks at the same time (like with arbs) you effectively buy a trading position which may lead to profit or loss. It's also your decision when to exit the trade so it's by all means actively managed position. I write it just for the sake of clarity, I don't  intend to argue about names :) Good luck with it anyway and thanks for answering!
Thanks mate!

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”