RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

188bet limiting fast

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
isl123
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

188bet limiting fast

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:20 am

What has happened with 188bet ?limits coming after 2-3 bets now...anyone else having the same problem with them? They look like they turned into marathonbet
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: 188bet limiting fast

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 am

Marathon limits even faster. 188bet turned to be a soft book just like the others. It is a pity because some years ago you could consider them as sharp, even though they did limit players when sharp action was extreme.
RoosterDonky
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 am

Ya they limited me quick also.
Which was weird cos I used to Arb there.
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:33 am

I did account there(never wasnt there) and i did  0 bet! It was limited to 0 at the beginning!weird experience
they must have share some database for unwanted quests....
isl123
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:45 pm

Arbusers wrote: Marathon limits even faster. 188bet turned to be a soft book just like the others. It is a pity because some years ago you could consider them as sharp, even though they did limit players when sharp action was extreme.
it is indeed a pity because they had some really good arbs from time to time now is like imposible to keep an account with them  :'(
isl123
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:52 pm

maletaja wrote: I did account there(never wasnt there) and i did  0 bet! It was limited to 0 at the beginning!weird experience
they must have share some database for unwanted quests....
same thing happened to me...i just can not understand what is the reason for this. I enter chat and i get the "based on your account activities" thing ???????? i had not placed a single bet????.any explanation for this?
Malteser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 pm

After taking some bets whose odds then went down, my account seems to have been limited to pennies. It has a figure for the max bet, say £200. When I try to place £200, I can't, and a message comes up saying my max stake is like £5. That's silly. It says my max stake is something, but actually isn't, and is a much lower figure.

They are a total joke of a bookie. I spoke to their CS folks (who have zero reading comprehension abilities), and they were very evasive. Just kept giving deflecting answers like, "bet stakes vary according to market", and to try a different browser and clear cache. They said if the market shows a max bet, you can always stake that max bet, but that clearly isn't true. And they claimed that my account wasn't restricted, which is hard to believe.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 am

I dont get why do you go to cry on support?f u think that these are  software "errrors" then u are quite naive.
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 pm

The other day this lot voided a winning bet. When I asked why, they told me that the odds were out of line with the market when I placed the bet. They weren't as other bookies were offering the exact same odds.

I took the matter to their regulator and the day after I received an e-mail telling me they had contacted 188Bet about the matter, I was banned from betting with them.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 pm

What about your void bet, did the regulator had anything to say about that?

And any trouble withdrawing?
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am

I haven't heard back yet. I was just told that they have contacted them about it.

Yes, there are problems with withdrawing. They rejected my withdrawal attempt saying that I am not allowed to withdraw via a bank transfer. I always withdraw via bank transfer from them and there has not been a problem until now.
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:36 pm

This lot really take the biscuit when it comes to verification. They look for any excuse to not give you your money.

I had problems with them a few years back. Back then their policy was that you had to send off your documents within three days of receiving the e-mail or your withdrawal would be rejected. If your documents didn't meet their satisfaction, the timeframe would not be extended when you sent them off again. The three day timeframe also included the amount of time it took for them to review the documents.

This is what happened a few years ago:

1. They asked for a proof of address, proof of ID and a picture of the front and back of my card.

I sent them off.

2. They asked for another picture of my ID pretending there was a problem with it.

I sent it off.

3. My ID was now fine but they then decided that they wanted to see another picture for proof of address.

I sent it off.

They didn't review it in time and my withdrawal was rejected.

4. I withdrew again and they told me that I would still need to send off proof of address.

I sent it off.

5. They told me that I would need to send them pictures of my card and ID again.

These had already been approved, but I sent them again.

They didn't review them in time and my withdrawal was rejected.

6. I withdrew again and they told me that I would still need to send them pictures of my card and ID again.

I sent them off.

7. They then asked for the proof of address again.

I sent it to them.

They didn't review it in time and my withdrawal was rejected.

8. I withdrew again and they told me that I would still need to send off proof of address.

At this point I realised that they would ask for the other documents again, so I sent everything in one e-mail.

They didn't bother looking at them within the three day timeframe and my withdrawal was rejected.

9. I then spent two months sending them my documents over and over. They never looked at them within the three day timeframe and all of my withdrawal attempts were rejected. I tried reporting them to IBAS (their regulator at the time), but all they had to say was that it was up to 188Bet whether they approved my documents or not.

10. Eventually my driving license expired. For the first time in two months 188Bet responded to my verification documents e-mail and told me that they couldn't accept my ID as it was out of date.

I sent off a picture of my passport and they finally let me withdraw.

It seems to me that they noticed that my ID was due to expire in two months and they thought that I might have problems being able to send off valid proof of ID if they stalled the payment for two months.

I am seeing a similar pattern now. Their rule now is that you have to pass KYC within five days or your account is suspended.

1. They requested a copy of a bank statement showing a deposit.

I sent it off.

2. They requested a picture of the front and back of my card showing the first four and last four digits.

They could have requested this at the same time as the bank statement, but they are obviously stalling.

I sent it off.

3. They now need to see the first six digits and last four digits.

They could have asked for the first six digits in the first place, but again they are obviously stalling.

I sent it off.

4. They now need to see a picture of the front of the card and the back of the card in the same image so that they can compare the two to make sure they match.

They can easily do this themselves, or open up both images side by side, but once more they are obviously stalling.

My card is set to expire in a year's time and I have an awful feeling that they are going to try and keep this up for a whole year until it expires.
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Interesting share this doozy, thank you.
188 is asking for proof on income as well, so things could get even worse.
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 pm

They're not convinced that the back of the card and the front of the card match despite the 10 digits they want to see, along with my account number and sort code being clear as day on the back of my card. I also have a distinctive background that's a match on the picture of the front and the back of the card.

I already know that I am not getting my money.
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 pm

I must say that (according to my knowledge) 188 has no confiscation history. I would suggest that you continue sending the docs they are asking for.
I searched for any contact with a manager from 188 but cant find anyone.

Return to “Bookies discussion”