BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Noob/Arbs/Pinnacle

Ask anything about smart gambling
Ar
Arber101

Noob/Arbs/Pinnacle

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey everyone i'm still new to arbing, I started looking into it about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to ask a few questions to see if anyone can help me, and also share a little bit of my arbing experience in the last few weeks.

I currently only have two bookies(bookmaker/5D), i've placed a total of 4 arb bets , well technically 3 since one was really no arb and I lost.  I'm still in the beginner stage i didn't pay attention to the spread correctly.  I'm a bit of a slow learner so it takes me a little longer to dive in.

I found each arb on my own, which was a pain on my eyes lol, but I enjoyed looking for them i'm not gonna lie.  I got really excited when I would find it to the point that I wouldn't know what to do first lol.

My first arb was .85%
second arb was 4.49%
Third arb was 11.15% - I arbed it but i also believe this bet could have lost if the spread had gone a bit differently lol

I don't want to use software to find my arbs yet because i want to get the hang of finding them myself.  I've searched for cross market arbs but they are complicated to understand...

All the good arbs seem to be in accounts that I can't have(i'm located in the US)...I've been digging for a way around this in the past week.

Questions
1 - Can someone please share some cross market arb calculations that are not so complicated?(i've seen some formulas, but they have no meaning if I don't get what's going on)

2 - Can you create arbs/or find arbs with parlay bets?

3 - Can someone share the procedure to set up and manage an account with pinnacle/betfair, while in the states?( this answer might not be good in the forum, so feel free to send me a pm)

I know you would need to hide your IP to not be detected but what is the best route to take to set everything up correctly...
thechosen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Noob/Arbs/Pinnacle

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi many arbs can be found on a site called odds portal for free. There are others but I am not sure of the names.
homicidehank
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

you can also find free arbs on pro arbs (free at the moment anyway) also surebet monitor is free on mondays. There are quite  a few others that are free, or at least some low % arbs are free. Read everything this great forum has to offer with regards to arb services, other beginners questions, bookie information and no doubt someone will be able to help with probably every question you can think of. We were all beginners once and I found this forum a massive help and very friendly. I am still a relative beginner and always find an answer here when I need one. I can't help with your question about using certain bookies from the US but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out. Good Luck
Ar
Arber101

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks homicidehank, is good to know it's possible.  I want stay low key from the bookies as long as possible to build my bank roll.  So any arb disguising technique is great to know :)

Arbusers,  I'm not sure if I saw greenbook comments here but I have seen them in SBR forum and I think a UK forum also, i'm not sure.  But SBR forum for sure.
mtysocks
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi. I'm new myself so can't really help you with your questions, sorry. However, I did find some formulas (from Betlines) that may be of use. I think most of them are quite straightforward, but if there are any you dont understand, just ask.
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:38 am

Hi I'm new to this but I have seen a lot of US sports talking in sbr forum. if you didn't check them out you can maybe ask there. apart from 5dimes and pinnacle i don't know of any others that people use.

Return to “Newbie's questions”