arbing the horses

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
paulspread
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

arbing the horses

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 pm

hi guys,

First post here, I have been paper trading with Bet Angel,  horse trading  for @1 month, today I went live for the first time, and I am pleased to say I made no mistakes with the software and came out around evens give or take a few quid. But today I noticed something different, that the market reacted to the live show betting with odds checker.

I also noticed that there seemed to be a lot of money following the trend or swing, be it up or down, and some of the swings got out of hand today leaving really good arbs 5/10 mins before the off,  on a few occasions the average bookmakers were offering lets say @4.00 and the swings would go as low as 3.5, this kind of trend happened a few times today, being new to this trading/arbing  I am wondering if I were to lay on betfair at the low of a swing @ 3.5 then back with the average odds of @4.00 being 5 mins before the off, would this work, with the bookies, would they be likely to take the bet? would be great to hear from anyone that does this kind of arbing
cheers Paul.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: arbing the horses

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:01 am

They will take your bet but will limit you very, very quickly.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:24 am

I back what Alfa wrote. It's probably the fastest way to get limited.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 am

paulspread wrote: I have been paper trading with Bet Angel,  horse trading  for @1 month
Btw, paper trading and trading are two completely different things. The only thing you can use the former is to learn your software, anything else you should do with real money using small stakes while you're learning. You will loose this money many times over but this is the only way to learn something about trading and, more importantly, yourself as a trader. Otherwise it's like learning to play poker without staking real money – one learns nothing.
paulspread
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply's, I understand what you mean about paper trading, but I kept everything, including my stakes, as realistic as possible, now I am more or less pretty confident using the software,

One question, you say I could get limited quickly, but I am talking about the swings reaching the lower price's only for a split second, then its back up well above the bookies price, this is where I think there is decent money to be made, even so do you still think I would get limited?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:06 pm

paulspread wrote: Hi

Thanks for the reply's, I understand what you mean about paper trading, but I kept everything, including my stakes, as realistic as possible, now I am more or less pretty confident using the software,

One question, you say I could get limited quickly, but I am talking about the swings reaching the lower price's only for a split second, then its back up well above the bookies price, this is where I think there is decent money to be made, even so do you still think I would get limited?
No question about it. You're splitting hairs, of any sports arbing horses will get your account limited fastest. Books know they're vulnerable there and you can't hide in big numbers.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:09 pm

If you want to stick with horses trading is the way to go but good luck with the real money ;)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”