Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: ODDS4STATS Fundamentals

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm

15cnbrk12345 wrote:
ODDS4STATS wrote:
15cnbrk12345 wrote: I opened an account on O4S. if i'm right we can just check past season and also past matches of recent seasons' valuebet strategies but it doesn't show us future values.

So in team monitor how do you see future games ? Are you checking manually ? Should we do this manually everytime ?

And how will we decide if the match fits our strategiy is value ?

For example: Spain - LaLiga - 2017-2018 - (No Home/Away Team) - Outcome: Home - Odds: 2,7 - 4,50

today there is one match may fit to my strategy "Sevilla - Villarreal" so should i bet on villareal no matter what or should i check if villareal is value or not ?

Again sorry for my english..
Thank you for your interest, you see it very well, we will not show future matches on the O4S according to the filtering.
You need to manually search for the next event after filtering.

How to look for Value?
This can not be described in only 1-2 sentences, so we will write a longer post with many valuable information.
I really looking forward for your informations.

But first let me ask about something.

For example todays game Girona - Real Madrid. Let's say "Girona ML's " odd is in the range of my filter(Odds: 5 - 10 home team in LaLiga). So should i go and check all available bookmakers who offers me the best odd and take the bet ? My soft bookie gives @9,50 while others gives @8,50 so i mean if the odd is higher than other does it mean value ?

Thank you again :) I hope i can tell.
Please stop betting untill you understand 100% what you need to do.  Trust me, I am trying to save you money.

In short and without using ODDS4STATS.  You only have value if you look at true probability of something happening and can beat that in the odds you get.  Say the market (or Odd4stats or whatever) says a team has a 50% probability of winning, that means you need of odd higher than 2.0 to have value. The easiest and simplest way is to look at the Betfair odds and beat those.  Currently the Betfair odd for Girona is 10.5 so you would need at least an odd of 11 and preferably 12 or higher for it to have any value right now.  There are plenty of threads in this forum that cover this info more extensively so there is no point in typing it up again...but clearly you don't know what you are doing yet so you REALLY have to stop and read up on it before placing bets or you will lose your money.
15cnbrk12345
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Alfa1234 wrote:
15cnbrk12345 wrote:
ODDS4STATS wrote: Thank you for your interest, you see it very well, we will not show future matches on the O4S according to the filtering.
You need to manually search for the next event after filtering.

How to look for Value?
This can not be described in only 1-2 sentences, so we will write a longer post with many valuable information.
I really looking forward for your informations.

But first let me ask about something.

For example todays game Girona - Real Madrid. Let's say "Girona ML's " odd is in the range of my filter(Odds: 5 - 10 home team in LaLiga). So should i go and check all available bookmakers who offers me the best odd and take the bet ? My soft bookie gives @9,50 while others gives @8,50 so i mean if the odd is higher than other does it mean value ?

Thank you again :) I hope i can tell.
Please stop betting untill you understand 100% what you need to do.  Trust me, I am trying to save you money.

In short and without using ODDS4STATS.  You only have value if you look at true probability of something happening and can beat that in the odds you get.  Say the market (or Odd4stats or whatever) says a team has a 50% probability of winning, that means you need of odd higher than 2.0 to have value. The easiest and simplest way is to look at the Betfair odds and beat those.  Currently the Betfair odd for Girona is 10.5 so you would need at least an odd of 11 and preferably 12 or higher for it to have any value right now.  There are plenty of threads in this forum that cover this info more extensively so there is no point in typing it up again...but clearly you don't know what you are doing yet so you REALLY have to stop and read up on it before placing bets or you will lose your money.
Thank you mate. I'm just trying to dig in about it. Not thinking to take bets right away.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:56 am

Thanks for the valuable thoughts, you wrote a very good example.
It is extremely easy to construct a bad hypothesis from misleading or non-relevant statistical data and deceive ourselves, so I agree.
What we are publishing is a kind of "thought-provoking" so users are able to see "behind the numbers".
We also wonder why the numbers are being what are they and whether it can be explained or not.
Specifically, I'm saying that we have to "lead" the numbers and not the other way around.

I am asking Arbusers to share the statistics of our current collaboration, such as match numbers and ROI. I do not think that this will have to be explained specifically because Arbusers is given an objective opinion and O4S accepts the rating given by Arbusers.

Based on the experiences of the past period, I think we will be giving great help in the future to successfully process the database, we are working on this guide now.
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:14 am

thanks for your reply.  unfortunately, my post (the one you replied to) is gone.  i didn't delete it, not sure what happened.

Return to “Value betting talk”