ODDS4STATS Fundamentals

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

ODDS4STATS Fundamentals

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:46 pm

All Forum members know exactly what is O4S, important to note that:
The bookmakers have made clever algorithm programs, which also rely on past statistics, but while it is important to note that this is "only" mathematics, it is also good as a starting point.
Bookmakers define odds with precise mathematical calculations. It is especially important to note, that no external factors affect these calculations (e.g. injuries, new players, important games or games where the outcome is unimportant, big derbies, etc).

We believe that this database will be brilliant technical assistance for many users and the strategy tips are intended to share thought-provoking ideas about the short or long-term effectiveness of the expected probability.
Last edited by O4S on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Fundamentals

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Team Monitor (Long Term):

CYP1 Omonia Nicosia as the favorite at home in 1.01-2.69 odds range in the last 5 season shows nice 117,58% payout.

We are happy to read your thoughts about this!
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: O4S Fundamentals

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 am

League Filter (High Risk):

NLD2 all 37 matches between home odds 4.00-10.00 for season 2016-2017 shows a crazy 174,05% Payout!

There will be 2 games tonight:

Helmond Sports - NAC Breda
RKC Waalwijk - VVV Venlo
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: O4S Fundamentals

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 am

Team monitor:

ARG3 Acassuso couldn't win last 9 home games in 1.01-2.69 odds range!

Most game what they couldn't win in a row at home was 4 since Value Miner collects data (2013) .

There will be 1 game tonight: Acasusso - Deportivo Espanol
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: ODDS4STATS Fundamentals

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 am

Team Monitor:
MAR1 Ittihad Tanger When they were the favorite at home with odds between 1.01-2.69 in the last two years.
The payout is: 136,90%

There is a game tonight:

Ittihad Tanger - Olympique Safi
Last edited by O4S on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Some of these examples you post. It is really what the average punter is looking for.

"This team has not lost a match at home = unbeatable"
"This team has lost their last 5 games -> it has to turn around at some point"

I am not saying that it is not possible to find value through your service (I haven't tried it). But the examples you are trying to sell make absolutely no sense when you are trying to sell your idea to experienced betters. We all know about variance for one thing, and that is all these examples with a small sample is - variance.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am

NedlogViiibes wrote: Some of these examples you post. It is really what the average punter is looking for.

"This team has not lost a match at home = unbeatable"
"This team has lost their last 5 games -> it has to turn around at some point"

I am not saying that it is not possible to find value through your service (I haven't tried it). But the examples you are trying to sell make absolutely no sense when you are trying to sell your idea to experienced betters. We all know about variance for one thing, and that is all these examples with a small sample is - variance.
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

In one hand you are right, we agree. We made our first how it works videos on odds4stats.com about simple strategies that anyone can understand. One of the reasons is that this approach to sports betting, where no matter things like injuries, starting eleven, offensive/defensive strategy, form of players etc., odds is the only that counts, so this approach is brand new on users' side (and the main way on bookmakers' side), this way we have to start talking about this from the basics. The other reason is that we would like to teach people to use Value Miner step by step and show them how to create their own strategies.

On the other hand: Most of tipsters or tipster sites give you tips with no explanation what you can learn from. We have successful and satisfied tipsters among our users who dug deeper and found really good strategies. They sell their tips by these strategies.

You mentioned that you haven't tried our service. Please try it, it's free, and also follow our Strategy Tips on odds4stats.com and find nice payouts and sum profits as the other tipsters.

By the way, we will dig deeper and share it with users step by step.

ODDS4STATS
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 pm

I remember a couple of seasons ago in the French Ligue 1, where the league had a really defensive approach to football and the bookmakers/market frequently overpriced the under markets. I believe you could almost blindly bet the under and make a profit. The thing is - the market adapts to that. The next season (if it even took that long) the market was spot on as usual.

Also to me it seems really fishy to base your pick (and even sell it??!?!) based on a couple of past results. How many times have you heard people talk about stats like this on the pub and make it sound like there is no better (they would use safer) bet in this world.

Again it might be possible to find value if for instance you can find some irregularities in the way a league is playing this year, how bottom teams react in the next match after a good win, how teams who have already won the league play for the rest of the season. I just highly doubt it can stand alone.

One last thing.

"Bookmakers define odds with precise mathematical calculations. It is especially important to note, that no external factors affect these calculations (e.g. injuries, new players, important games or games where the outcome is unimportant, big derbies, etc)."

This could not be more wrong. The bookmakers set the line with low limits. The market reacts and moves the lines up and down. Once the big syndicates have placed their bets the lines are as close to effective as they can get in the long run. Believe me - the syndicates take way more than a couple of simple statistics into consideration :)
csampion
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 am

ODDS4STATS wrote: You mentioned that you haven't tried our service. Please try it, it's free, and also follow our Strategy Tips on odds4stats.com and find nice payouts and sum profits as the other tipsters.
Although these words were not directed at me, I also previously voiced my opinion without trying the product, so I feel addressed. The thing is, there is nothing to "try", we see how it works, it's the principle of how the service works that we don't agree with (we = me and a few others). It's not like an arb software where you already know after a couple of days whether the service delivers or not. With O4S, one would have to make thousands of bets to conclude (with fairly high but not full confidence) that purely statistics-based betting works, and making thousands of bets is not a "trial run" at all.
You say you have many users who use these strategies profitably, although the service hasn't been live for too long, so it's too little time to draw meaningful conclusions even for them. And after a handful of bets, I bet many users have decent losses, because that's simply variance.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 am

Team Monitor (Long Term):
ARG1 Estudiantes La Plata all home matches on any odds shows nice 111,95% payout in the last 5 seasons.
There will be a game on tomorrow evening:
Estudiantes La Plata - Huracan Del Paso
15cnbrk12345
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 am

I opened an account on O4S. if i'm right we can just check past season and also past matches of recent seasons' valuebet strategies but it doesn't show us future values.

So in team monitor how do you see future games ? Are you checking manually ? Should we do this manually everytime ?

And how will we decide if the match fits our strategiy is value ?

For example: Spain - LaLiga - 2017-2018 - (No Home/Away Team) - Outcome: Home - Odds: 2,7 - 4,50

today there is one match may fit to my strategy "Sevilla - Villarreal" so should i bet on villareal no matter what or should i check if villareal is value or not ?

Again sorry for my english..
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm

15cnbrk12345 wrote: I opened an account on O4S. if i'm right we can just check past season and also past matches of recent seasons' valuebet strategies but it doesn't show us future values.

So in team monitor how do you see future games ? Are you checking manually ? Should we do this manually everytime ?

For example: Spain - LaLiga - 2017-2018 - (No Home/Away Team) - Outcome: Home - Odds: 2,7 - 4,50

today there is one match may fit to my strategy "Sevilla - Villarreal" so should i bet on villareal no matter what or should i check if villareal is value or not ?

ODDS4stats does not give you future value, it is up to you to determine that value by checking the past stats the service provides.  Always make sure what your bet has value or you will be losing money.

This may sounds harsh, but I strongly recommend you just stop for a while and read up on value betting and what it is exactly untill you completely "get" it...from the post above I get the idea you have no idea what you are doing and that can only end in lost money.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:05 pm

15cnbrk12345 wrote: I opened an account on O4S. if i'm right we can just check past season and also past matches of recent seasons' valuebet strategies but it doesn't show us future values.

Thank you for your interest, you see it very well, we will not show future matches on the O4S according to the filtering.
You need to manually search for the next event after filtering.

How to look for Value?
This can not be described in only 1-2 sentences, so we will write a longer post with many valuable information.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:08 pm

ODDS4STATS wrote: How to look for Value?
This can not be described in only 1-2 sentences, so we will write a longer post with many valuable information.
Please do so.
I understand that we need some more content about Value Betting so members get educated. Arbitrage is a nice starting point, but needs further guidance to Value Betting.
15cnbrk12345
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 pm

ODDS4STATS wrote:

Thank you for your interest, you see it very well, we will not show future matches on the O4S according to the filtering.
You need to manually search for the next event after filtering.

How to look for Value?
I really looking forward for your informations.

But first let me ask about something.

For example todays game Girona - Real Madrid. Let's say "Girona ML's " odd is in the range of my filter(Odds: 5 - 10 home team in LaLiga). So should i go and check all available bookmakers who offers me the best odd and take the bet ? My soft bookie gives @9,50 while others gives @8,50 so i mean if the odd is higher than other does it mean value ?

Thank you again :) I hope i can tell.

Return to “Value betting talk”