RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Can bookie limit bets legally?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Can bookie limit bets legally?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 am

I have nice chat with one guy who is lawyer. I said about bookies limiting bets and so on. He said it would be interestng court trial. Court wants to know why is one client is able to do 1000eur bet and other client 0.1eur bet. Its against some rights
Of course it assumes that certain bookie has aquired licence in some country where is quite strickt rules. It depends on country and legislationIm talking about Scandinavia)
So what happens when bookie loses?You can do max bets like others, certanly they cant close your account, because they are again in the line.
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Can bookie limit bets legally?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 am

my 2c
there are more types of limitations but the ones WE are interested in are discriminating acts. if discrimination is against the law in your country..you have your answer.
Crap we see in lots of online T&C and real life situations like - "we have the right to chose our clients" has zero value and doesnt stand in any civilized law system.

PS. Trying to pursue any legal action against this abuse its a different issue and a total nightmare everywhere...
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Discrimination laws usually refer to race, color of skin, national or ethnic relations or sexual orientation. I don't see a problem here.

They might have a problem with marketing laws though, I think. But if it really got to court issues, then they could simply write with a small print in the bottom "if you prove to win too much, you might get limits to your account".
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I had situation where there was promotional offer. I took a chance and make some nice revenue.. Bookie changed rules during the promo. Support said "They can change rules and conditions or whatever do with promotions" standard for me. I connected intitution who gave licence and said is it ok thing to do by them?.My legal fees were 0. They acted quite fast and bookie paid me my promotional thing and said they "had mistaken"
So i am not sure anymore that "terms and conditions" have any legal power. In right country and right legal structure anything is possible.
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 pm

thats what im saying..IF someone is up for the hustle, lots of articles form these T&C means nothing and are abusive.
The sad part is that the organizations that supervise the betting environment in MOST countries are muppets.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Bookmakers refusing to take bets from certain clients does not break any laws in the UK.
Never trust a goose!!!
gg
gg

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm

In Australia, a number of states have imposed minimum bet limits on licenced bookies.

In Spain, the mueBETe group of bettors, are taking Bet365 to court for limiting players.

The bookies limit you ONLY if you are not resident of a country that they hold licnece, otherwise they will face the law.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”