https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/a ... al-gambler

Your comments please.
Dirk, are you here?
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: The Life of a Professional Gambler

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 am

As far as I understand the guy is a value bettor. Interesting thing that he takes into account that some teams are lucky while some other are unlucky.
He is not revealing his tactics, it would be good to know some more.
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

The "luck" factor is what is called expected goals. A football match consists of very few goals, which means variance plays a huge role. You can basically only start to measure a teams skill at the end of the season by looking at the table, and even then it isn't certain, that the best team has the best goal differential.

Instead you can look at chances and attempts at goal. Take Premier League for example. If you look at the last 5 seasons and plot in all the attempts at goal, then you can figure out how often a goal is scored from certain situations, areas etc in this league. Some expected goals models are simple - others are really complicated. SmartOdds/Benham makes billions on this.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:50 pm

the "luck" is confusing
probably its more like "variation"

But still premier leagues are so transparent and sharp, and i just doubt it...that man can beat market
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:19 am

The conclusion of this article is that the combination of valubetting-trading and programming is the future of betting in order to win...
Last edited by gamblehappier on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:54 am

maletaja wrote: the "luck" is confusing
probably its more like "variation"

But still premier leagues are so transparent and sharp, and i just doubt it...that man can beat market
It is luck. A team can win a match with a long shot at goal, while the other team had 20 really good chances. That is basically the beauty of football. Most people will only see a bad game from the team with 20 chances as they lost 1-0. Some will look at the underlying stats and see how variance/luck played a huge factor in this game

Also obviously you can beat the market. You can place your bets before kickoff, so you dont compete with the closing lines.. :)
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Caan berry is one of the most successful traders at Betfair have win enough money.But i have heard  from people that Caan berry is actually a person who advertises Betfair,so some people say that all these profits are not real and is a way to advertise betfair.
We all know that it is too easy to make some fake betfair betslips.What do you think,Caan berry profits are real or  a way to advertise betfair?
Last edited by gamblehappier on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 am

It could be either way
I have heard for example that someone won  300k parlay at unibet
All my friend have said(most of gamblers) that their parley limit is maximum few k winnings....
MADAFAKA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:35 am

Who says he is a Professional gambler is a scam. There is no way to win the softwares of bookmakers. They pay millions and millions for these softwares and the human brain cant be more clever than this.
Make this test. Play chess with a computer. Dont put it in the low level. Put it in the difficult level. Can you win the computer? You cant. What makes you believe that you can win bookmakers computers. This forum is selling you this stupid idea that you can win computers and softwares with your brain. I m exposing reality. Give up this forum, give up arbitrage and give up value betting.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 am

MADAFAKA wrote: Who says he is a Professional gambler is a scam. There is no way to win the softwares of bookmakers. They pay millions and millions for these softwares and the human brain cant be more clever than this.
Make this test. Play chess with a computer. Dont put it in the low level. Put it in the difficult level. Can you win the computer? You cant. What makes you believe that you can win bookmakers computers. This forum is selling you this stupid idea that you can win computers and softwares with your brain. I m exposing reality. Give up this forum, give up arbitrage and give up value betting.
You are wrong here..If you bet against asians/pin you will be winner in long run,whatever you do,arbitrage,valuebbeting,or trading.Trading is also a way to survive long run.You can win  books softwares by this method.Also if you have some program skills or willing to pay freelancers you can build your own software,and hit the weak lines of books softwares.So in this occasion we have computer vs computer.You will gain really enough with these ways madafaka. ;)
Last edited by gamblehappier on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 am

gamblehappier wrote: Caan berry is one of the most successful traders at Betfair have win enough money.But i have heard  from people that Caan berry is actually a person who advertises Betfair,so some people say that all these profits are not real and is a way to advertise betfair.
We all know that it is too easy to make some fake betfair betslips.What do you think,Caan berry profits are real or  a way to advertise betfair?
His business is “education”. It used to be trading when it was much easier. He used to be linked with BF and than with Geekstoy. So obviously he advertises BF to make money by teaching you how to win there and by selling GT..
ni
nicmali

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 pm

It is posible to vote here? I would nominate that MADAFAKA is thrown out of this forum. I am not a profesional in this buisnes but the guy is just laying too much and he tell thinks with no sense...
barbero
To become a Pro

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Just ignore him nic. He certainly contributes nothing, we all know that, even he knows. Talking about him will motivate him even further to continue with his diatribe. Best thing to do is just ignore him and use the forum for those of us who want to make this a constructive place where to share ideas :)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

That is a clever position.
TheJog87
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Caan Berry, Peter Webb, Peter Nordsted, Paulo Rebelo... and many more, are garbage. Of whom I learned most Mathew Trenhaile (by the way ,disappeared), James Butler, Cassini...

Return to “Rest Area”