BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Exodus from Australia

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Bi
BigFatArb

Exodus from Australia

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Due to new laws passed in Australia, I am waking up everyday with an email from a bookie saying they have pulled out of the Aussie market. Matchbook, Marathonbet, Dafabet so far. Expecting Pinnacle, SBObet to follow suit. Sad, sad days indeed.
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Exodus from Australia

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 am

Good thing: for basebooks and exchanges you can use betting agents. the best of them are mentioned in this forum. No worries mate.
Bi
BigFatArb

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Yes thats certainly a positive...bit of a pain in the arse but at least not all is lost!
Chipmunk
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Seems you're following the same route we had in the UK. Still got agents for the sharp books though, as above.

Depending on the regulatory-imposed costs, some books may open up local versions of their sites. That's what pinnacle are doing (finally) in the UK. Matchbook did the same, they just added a little bit extra commission to pay for it (1.7% rather than 1.5%).
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Governments want to decide how we spend our own money down to every cent, and record everything we spend. Makes my blood boil!!!!
Never trust a goose!!!
Bi
BigFatArb

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 am

Chipmunk wrote: Seems you're following the same route we had in the UK. Still got agents for the sharp books though, as above.

Depending on the regulatory-imposed costs, some books may open up local versions of their sites. That's what pinnacle are doing (finally) in the UK. Matchbook did the same, they just added a little bit extra commission to pay for it (1.7% rather than 1.5%).
Yep, hopefully pinny get an Australian license, but I doubt they will straight away.
dealer wins wrote: Governments want to decide how we spend our own money down to every cent, and record everything we spend. Makes my blood boil!!!!
Damn right there Dealer Wins, how about people start taking responsibility for their own actions? Instead of governments trying to "protect" us.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 am

That's absolutely the case, DW... and it sure as hell sucks >:( >:(

Not much to do about it though.

So is Pinnacle finally back in the UK?

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”