Ready to start. Some questions.

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Ready to start. Some questions.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Dear  Arbusers,

Finally, me and some friends have decided to start this new adventure.
I've already done arbing in the past for few months with some hundreds euros, but I stopped because my bankroll was not so high and I was scared about limits by bookmakers.

Now, with some friends, we increased our bankroll and we are ready to start.
I read a lot of posts, but I still have some questions.

Our initial bankroll is about 4K€. I think it could be good to start and have good gains. We live in Italy, so we started registering to all the Italian bookmakers and activated the betonvalue alerts because it supports a lot of them(Gold subscription).

1) My first question is how to distuibute the bankroll: is it better to leave everything in Skrill and move to the book only when there is an opportunity, or divide to all the books (about 15)?

2) If I divide between all the books, my stake for each opportunity will not be to high, so I will need to make more bets during the day. My intention is to take at least one arbing opportunity a day of about 2% (we don't want to do live arbing at the moment). Do you think it could be possible?

3) I'm not sure if it's better to start the normal arbing, or making valuebets comparing all the italian softbook to SBOBET/PINNACLE and bet only in the softbook. What do you suggest? If I choose this strategy, of course I will need to bet only 1-2% of my bankroll everytime.

4) The other way could be make value bets between SBOBET/PINNACLE but calculate the stakes in order to win only if softbook wins and don't win and lose anything if SBOBET/PINNACLE wins. (For example Pinnacle odd=2,00 and softbook odd=2,1; I bet 100€ on Pinnacle and 100€ on Soft. If I  win on Pinnacle, I will have 0€ gain, but if I win on softbook, I will win 10€). What do you think about this strategy?

5) When I will win in the softbook, I will need to move the money again to skrill. Is it safe or is better to leave it in the book account until the next opportunity?

For the moment is enough.

Note: Sorry for my bad English
Last edited by baselstrasse on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Ready to start. Some questions.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 pm

I would suggest starting with fewer bookmakers. Some 4 to 8, that's up to you, but definitely not 15.

This way you will be able to have decent money in each of them (500-1000) and once one gets burned, you withdraw and deposit in the next.

Also this way you will last longer, and you will be able to concentrate and arb better, 15 bookies are many bookies considering you're starting out.

Depositing, withdrawing, then depositing again, is not a good idea IMO. You should only withdraw when you get limited at a bookmaker.

About valuebetting, I would suggest that you first build up a good bankroll and a good experience by arbing, then you can decide for yourself if valuebetting suits you. One thing you can do is test your possible valuebetting while you arb, but without really taking the risks: prepare an excel spreadsheed where you keep track of your valuebetting results if you only placed the soft side of the arb, but actually place the whole arb in the bookies until you feel you are ready to move on.

Good luck!
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 am

Thanks for your useful answers.

A last question: because our intention is to stay not too much in front of computer, but simply place few bets a day, is it better to bet a big stake only on 1-2 opportunities (example 500€ on a 2% arb and other 500€ on a 3% arb), or divide the bankroll in 10 or more opportunities everyday (example 10 bets of 100€ on 10 x 2% opportunities)?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 am

baselstrasse wrote: Thanks for your useful answers.

A last question: because our intention is to stay not too much in front of computer, but simply place few bets a day, is it better to bet a big stake only on 1-2 opportunities (example 500€ on a 2% arb and other 500€ on a 3% arb), or divide the bankroll in 10 or more opportunities everyday (example 10 bets of 100€ on 10 x 2% opportunities)?
You make it sound so easy, wait until you start your gonna be in for a shock lol
Never trust a goose!!!
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 am

Bad idea...if you don't want to be limited you should avoid all small markets and wait for opportunities in the big leagues like Premier league etc.  Staying not too much in front of the computer will make you take any opportunity that comes along...you won't last longer than a few days that way.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am

Alfa1234 wrote:

Bad idea...if you don't want to be limited you should avoid all small markets and wait for opportunities in the big leagues like Premier league etc.  Staying not too much in front of the computer will make you take any opportunity that comes along...you won't last longer than a few days that way.
This is not so true, because my intention is to set alerts on betonvalue when there is an opportunity with gain more than 2% and automatically send it to my cell phone. When I receive the alert I will immediately make the bet. In this way I don't have to stay in front of the computer waiting for a good arb.
MADAFAKA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am

Dont you see what the 3 of them are doing?
They give you a small cheese to get you into arbitrage. When all of your accounts are dead they will tell you to forget about arbitrage and move to value betting. When you find out that value betting has no profit in the same way Archi did they will sell to you something else. In the end you spend your time and you money to buy products that you see here in what they all call smart gambling and you make no worthing money.
Dont lose your time here.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 am

MADAFAKA wrote: Dont you see what the 3 of them are doing?
They give you a small cheese to get you into arbitrage. When all of your accounts are dead they will tell you to forget about arbitrage and move to value betting. When you find out that value betting has no profit in the same way Archi did they will sell to you something else. In the end you spend your time and you money to buy products that you see here in what they all call smart gambling and you make no worthing money.
Dont lose your time here.
What are you talking about?
I have not read any tentative of selling something or trying to start with valuebet only.
I know very well that the worst situation for an arber is to have the accounts limited...if not we can be rich and live in front of the sea.
I just want to set my strategy as better as I can.
I will start for sure in the next days and for sure I will not burn my money ;)
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:17 pm

baselstrasse wrote:
Alfa1234 wrote:

This is not so true, because my intention is to set alerts on betonvalue when there is an opportunity with gain more than 2% and automatically send it to my cell phone. When I receive the alert I will immediately make the bet. In this way I don't have to stay in front of the computer waiting for a good arb.
Just don't take any alert, only do the big leagues if you want your account to last.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I believe you should keep 40% of your bankroll in betfair, pinnacle or any other sharp book you might use. 30% should be distributed to 4 bookmakers as barber suggested. Replace a bookmaker with another when your account is severely limited. The rest 30% of your bankroll should be in an e-wallet (Skrill, Neteller, ecoPayz) ready to shoot when needed to.
The reason why I suggest this is your bankroll of 4k. I would suggest something else if your balance was 20-50k.
Being from Italy comes with significant limitations and at the same time great chances that other people from other countries don't have. I know that you have a number of .it bookmakers that could be proved treasures if correctly used.
I would also advise you to read the forum as it is an excellent source of information and people learn here from their mistakes and mistakes of others.
Welcome to the forum.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I don't know what your experience is but I would suggest that you leave value betting for a later stage. IMO the normal sequence goes like this.
-Pre game arbing
-Live arbing
-Trading-value betting
-In the end mixing all things to a formula that will work for you personally.
-The boss above implied some chances you might have in Italy. You might want to look at sharbing there.
-Somewhere along the way you should take a look at the bots.
Last edited by campeones on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MADAFAKA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Look what campeones is telling you. He describe the trick I told you. They want to bring you in the arbitrage and then move you to value betting and in then they will try to sell all the stupid programs you see in this forum. Give up arbing and leave this forum before you lose your time and money.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks for all your answers...also madafaka that is trying to scare me  ;D

Anyway one more question: with this bankroll, how many arbs you suggest to do a day and which could be the best stake? 100€ every opportunity or more?
(I will try to bet only on important markets)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 pm

baselstrasse wrote: Thanks for all your answers...also madafaka that is trying to scare me  ;D

Anyway one more question: with this bankroll, how many arbs you suggest to do a day and which could be the best stake? 100€ every opportunity or more?
(I will try to bet only on important markets)
No worries. There are many people who will try to scare you and advise you to leave the forum. They all have their personal agenda.
There is no standard answer to this question. It depends on the day, the balance and the bookmaker. Each bookmaker needs a different approach. I wouldn't set a standard amount of money (i.e 100€) as there is no real reason to do so, especially if you are betting in bigger markets as you say.
I ll give you 2 examples so you understand the variation:
Saturday morning and you are having a nice o/u 3.5 goals arb with Willhill in EPL or Bundesliga. No reason to bet 100 euros. Go for the maximum possible stake, as far as you can cover it in Betfair or Pinnacle. I would prefer events that will finish within the next 3-4 hours, so I will be able to use that money again for the late games of the day.
Wednesday evening and you are having the same arb in Spanish cup. You don't have much action and the game will be later at night. Better place a bet of 100-200 and wait with the rest of your bankroll to see if anything else comes up.
There could be 1000s of examples like this. There is no standard answer.
Some people would never make this question because they only do live arbing and they don't really care much going for the max available stake.
It would be good to use square numbers like 100-250 or 375. Don't use decimals.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Very helpful answer..
This is exactly what I want to read :) easy and clear.

Thanks

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”