GVC Plc agreed to buy U.K. bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral Group Plc for 4 Billion GBP

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: GVC Plc agreed to buy U.K. bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral Group Plc for 4 Billion GBP  (Read 2212 times)
blackjim

View Profile

blackjim

GVC Holdings Plc - which owns the Bwin, Sportingbet and Foxy Bingo brands - agreed to buy U.K. bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral Group Plc for as much as 4 billion pounds ($5.4 billion) as gambling companies seek greater scale in a business that’s shifting online.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-22/gvc-to-buy-online-bookmaker-ladbrokes-for-up-to-5-4-billion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42452945
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

Thank you for sharing blackjim.

We shouldn't be happy with this merge as it leads to further concentration in the gambling sector. Recent history shows this kind of concentration takes away chances from gamblers/players.
There are some companies in the gambling sector holding significant amount of cash in their hands and they might be lured to buy companies around, but not in the core, of gambling business. This represents a big danger. A quick example, what if GVC or Bet365 decides to buy Paysafe in total, or even a 20% share?
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

A quick example, what if GVC or Bet365 decides to buy Paysafe in total, or even a 20% share?

This would kick a number of people out of business.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

last 2 posts are stupid and ridiculous and have zero foundation,

needless speculation and sideprofits why didn't you add the word "hope" in your post as it is
obvious this is your true feeling
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:15:54 AM by yorkjoss » Logged
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

It was an ascertainment. No speculation or hope derives from my post. What makes you think it's my true feeling to see people out of business?
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

It was an ascertainment. No speculation or hope derives from my post. What makes you think it's my true feeling to see people out of business?

i'll let the arbuser readers come to their own conclusion
Alfa1234
Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

A quick example, what if GVC or Bet365 decides to buy Paysafe in total, or even a 20% share?

Seems like an opinion, I don't read any hope in that short sentence...you are quick to be agitated Yorkyoss.  Could it be you are 1 of the people that would be strongly affected in case something like that does happen?  I don't see any other reason for you to react in the way you did.
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

i'll let the arbuser readers come to their own conclusion

You throw mud on the fan and then let readers come to their conclusion. I will not follow you.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

Seems like an opinion, I don't read any hope in that short sentence...you are quick to be agitated Yorkyoss.  Could it be you are 1 of the people that would be strongly affected in case something like that does happen?  I don't see any other reason for you to react in the way you did.

haha, the arbusers yes men join forces as expected, thankfully i will always have my own mind.

as for your silly comment alfa about about me being strongly affected, if sideprofits stupid comment came to be true?
couldn't be more wrong, maybe i'd benefit but I would never wish this on my fellow arbers, I don't use ewallets for my arbing
and never have, did use moneybookers for cashback when it was lucrative but that was years ago.

to suggest bookmakers would buy an ewallet company was as I said a stupid comment with no foundation and all of arbuser friend's can come on and defend if they like, the comment had no merit and was such a stupid thing to write as was alfa's comment
about me being strongly affected but these guys love to be seen to be gaining favour from the owner.
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

to suggest bookmakers would buy an ewallet company was as I said a stupid comment with no foundation

What makes you believe this would never happen? I remind you that Moneybookers was a sister company of Gamebookers, both belonging to the same owner.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

to suggest bookmakers would buy an ewallet company was as I said a stupid comment with no foundation

What makes you believe this would never happen? I remind you that Moneybookers was a sister company of Gamebookers, both belonging to the same owner.

and what makes you think that it would? as I've said you have no foundation but still you posted this message in a futile
attempt to put fear into these "locusts" as you call them, knowing full well that such an event could create massive problems for them, a lot of these locusts, well not locusts, guys, are already very wealthy and could care less what you write on your forum
and are more than smart enough to think for themselves and scoff at your envy.

I can think of no other reason why you'd post such a ludicrous comment......or maybe you had too much wine last night? ;D

big danger? mr arbuser, really? pure scaremongering....but who is your target? ;)

There are some companies in the gambling sector holding significant amount of cash in their hands and they might be lured to buy companies around, but not in the core, of gambling business. This represents a big danger. A quick example, what if GVC or Bet365 decides to buy Paysafe in total, or even a 20% share?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 03:20:19 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
Alfa1234
Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

I really don't see what the problem is with posting something that is at least somewhat possible.  Are we to refrain from discussing anything that is unlikely to happen?  Why are you so upset about a post like that Yorkyoss?  If you don't care either way, then why are you so strongly against discussing the possibility?

If I were to say It's possible all soft bookies will go bankrupt because their business model has become outdated, would that get the same reaction from you?  I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but there is a possibility it could happen, right?

As I've said before, you seem blinded by your hatred of Arbusers and incapable of showing at least some objectivity regarding his posts.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

I really don't see what the problem is with posting something that is at least somewhat possible.  Are we to refrain from discussing anything that is unlikely to happen?  Why are you so upset about a post like that Yorkyoss?  If you don't care either way, then why are you so strongly against discussing the possibility?

If I were to say It's possible all soft bookies will go bankrupt because their business model has become outdated, would that get the same reaction from you?  I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but there is a possibility it could happen, right?

As I've said before, you seem blinded by your hatred of Arbusers and incapable of showing at least some objectivity regarding his posts.

what nonsense, if you post ridiculous statements on a public forum, then expect to get criticised for it

sure he's the owner and has his many pets who will never disagree with a single word he writes and will only defend
and praise, you then add more silly suggestions to somehow illustrate that stupid comments are ok .

your leader posted a comment of the real danger of a bookmaker buying a company that controls ewallets and
therefore many people in this industry's finances, he then went further with the example of Bet365 buying paysafe,
a blind man could see what his motives are here and with this particular example, maybe you have to remove your
 "rose tinted" spectacles alfa before reading your leader's posts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 03:41:26 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
Alfa1234
Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

And what, exactly, defines rediculous according to you?  Basically anything that YOU find rediculous and don't agree with, right?  The point is not whether or not anyone agrees with the statement, the point is you shouldn't shoot anyone down for making a statement you don't agree with in the first place.  ANYTHING that's posted by Arbusers and that can be critisided by having an opposing viewpoint, whether valid or not, is shot down by you.  No discussion, no arguments...

If he were to post that the sky is usually blue in Greece you'd find some way of opposing that view, saying it's a rediculous statement because in the evening it's often orange and by making that statement he's trying to attract tourists to help his 7th cousin make more money because that guy has a restaurant in Athens!

Just check your last 50 posts...

EDIT: and to get back on point.  Is it REALLY so rediculous to think Bet365 or another bookie would buy a stake in Paysafe?  They have ample cash and Paysafe is, without a doubt, a fairly large creditor from them all with all the fees they are being charged.  It would make perfect sense from a business viewpoint for them to buy the company, eliminating fees and at the same time being able to hike fees for their competitors.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 03:48:56 PM by Alfa1234 » Logged
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

And what, exactly, defines rediculous according to you?  Basically anything that YOU find rediculous and don't agree with, right?  The point is not whether or not anyone agrees with the statement, the point is you shouldn't shoot anyone down for making a statement you don't agree with in the first place.  ANYTHING that's posted by Arbusers and that can be critisided by having an opposing viewpoint, whether valid or not, is shot down by you.  No discussion, no arguments...

If he were to post that the sky is usually blue in Greece you'd find some way of opposing that view, saying it's a rediculous statement because in the evening it's often orange and by making that statement he's trying to attract tourists to help his 7th cousin make more money because that guy has a restaurant in Athens!

Just check your last 50 posts...

EDIT: and to get back on point.  Is it REALLY so rediculous to think Bet365 or another bookie would buy a stake in Paysafe?  They have ample cash and Paysafe is, without a doubt, a fairly large creditor from them all with all the fees they are being charged.  It would make perfect sense from a business viewpoint for them to buy the company, eliminating fees and at the same time being able to hike fees for their competitors.

now you're talking about the colour of the sky in greece to make your point ;D

you are implying i have an ulterior motive for my posts and that of course is ok for you to write that
but at the same time I am not allowed to imply that your leader has an ulterior motive for his posts/

if i write nonsense or you think I have then fair enough I can be "called out" for it, I don't care, it's only
a forum, if your leader writes nonsense,  that's a different matter entirely, you and his followers will
come on here and defend him every single time, we all have the same rules believe it or not?

and why on earth on what is supposed to be a forum dedicated to arbing and arbers, would you want to speculate
and start totally unfounded rumours on an event, never even discussed which would be detrimental to many arbers???
all of a sudden alfa you've become a business analyst for B365, maybe you'll get a call from them soon. maybe they need
guys like you telling them what to do with their money?, don't let yourself get too carried away alfa because you've made
some money arbing.

personally I could care less but like to call out the owner's greed, hypocrisy and ego as none of his puppy dogs on here
are ever going to do it, I just type and smile as the usual suspects race to his defence.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:14:39 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print