Arbing/sportsbetting TAX Free Countries

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
BudSpencer
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing/sportsbetting TAX Free Countries

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi,

i read so many different answers about, who live from his winnings, like a professional sportsbettor...should he pay tax or not and still not sure what is correct. Of course different countries, different rules.

But which countries are really without any tax of winnings, even if you live from your winnings.
I would say, Malta would be the best choice, isn´t it?
Free for all Bookies, also Exchanges.

Is here someone, who move out to abroad because of that reason?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Arbing/sportsbetting TAX Free Countries

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 pm

BudSpencer wrote: But which countries are really without any tax of winnings, even if you live from your winnings.
UK.
BudSpencer wrote: Is here someone, who move out to abroad because of that reason?
Those who are moving abroad for any reason should also take with them their tax residency too.
MADAFAKA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Arbing is not gambling. Arbing is a job and should be taxed everywhere. The tax boys must prove that you arb and you dont gamble. They cant prove because you will never say that you arb.
Sportsbetting is tax free in the UK.
BudSpencer
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

@naza
are you sure about Malta?
Arbusers wrote: Those who are moving abroad for any reason should also take with them their tax residency too.
Exactly, good point.
MADAFAKA wrote: Arbing is not gambling. Arbing is a job and should be taxed everywhere. The tax boys must prove that you arb and you dont gamble. They cant prove because you will never say that you arb.
Sportsbetting is tax free in the UK.
The Problem here is the transaction between the wallets, You have to bet with the ID´s. If you withdrawal money to Bank, how can you proof, you are gambling tho.

It is really complicated. Did here anyone makes this move to go abroad or is planing...or where can i get more information about that, does anyone know? It is really hard to find any info @google. This step is not a small one, you have to give up everything on your country, family&friends ect. and leave.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 am

Yes, people move abroad for gambling reasons. Most are going to the UK, but others are looking for other options too.
BudSpencer
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply campeones and naza.
You said the "gamblers" so i guess you mean also that they are arbing, right?
However it sounds complicated in Malta, but nice if it works for them. Maybe that was a reason for you, to not go there...
BudSpencer
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Still confused about that....because:
http://arbusers.com/https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=9

3 guys recommend: Malta.
And one, you have to pay Tax everywhere even in UK.

What changes from March 2017 till now in Malta, some Laws...something happened?

And also it is really sad, that we arbers don´t have a strong community here as i can see...if i´m looking to other poker communitys, so many.

Also the user: "antemartic" tried it, in Austria and got some "questions" about the transactions....that was actually what i mean here....but he is also gone, long time no see here in the Forum.

Still hoping to find anybody, who go abroad because of arbing :D
Last edited by BudSpencer on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:25 pm

IMHO, once it becomes you main income (even in the UK) it can no longer be seen as gambling income and will be taxed as any other job meaning you pay taxes on your yearly income.  Whether or not you can get away with it more easily without paying anything in the UK or other countries where gambling profits aren't taxed, is another matter.
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: IMHO, once it becomes you main income (even in the UK) it can no longer be seen as gambling income and will be taxed as any other job meaning you pay taxes on your yearly income

bud spencer you question why arbers don't have a strong community? here we have one of the supposed top guys on this forum
and he's writing complete nonsense.

stick to what you're good at alfa1234 and try to refrain from commenting on things where you have no clue, don't let your arbing success lead you to believe you are smarter than you really are.

and no point writing some more to justify your stupid comment, you'll just appear more stupid, of course it's a forum you can write what you like even if it's a ridiculous comment.

tax laws don't just change in a particular country because it's your "honest opinion" alfa, your honest opinion means nothing in a discussion about countries where you arbing profits are not taxed, it's facts people wish to read about not some arber's stupid opinion

anyone wishing to be resident and arb in the UK, ignore alfa's "imho" you don't pay tax on arbing earnings and you never will unless they change a law standing for many decades, in your own country you go by their laws of course so your own country may tax you but in UK they do not
Last edited by yorkjoss on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Wouldn't the UK taxes be able to argue arbing is no longer gambling, but actually a full time occupation that has nothing to do with gambling anymore...and hence be able to tax it?

I know you don't like discussions like that Yorkyoss and have nothing else to say but 'that complete and utter BS', but isn't the above an argument that could be made?  Note I have nothing to gain or lose either way...but if I were a UK taxman and had my eyes on arbing income, that's what I would argue.

EDIT: my above argument has already been made...and won in a similar (poker) case.  It lost in appeal.
https://www.taxationweb.co.uk/tax-articles/income-tax/when-can-a-professional-gambler-be-taxable-on-winnings.html
Last edited by Alfa1234 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sideprofits
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm

How many times have we seen this before? I stopped counting.
A guy (Budspencer) asks for help and information.
Someone (Alfa) decides to answer and provide knowledge and expertise.
Then Yorkjoss attacks Alfa, disorientates the discussion that becomes personal.

Guess who is losing from that? Budspencer of course, who will not have his questions answered anymore.
Well done Yorkjoss, you did it once again. Arbusers you are responsible for this by allowing trolls in your forum.
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm

sideprofits wrote: How many times have we seen this before? I stopped counting.
A guy (Budspencer) asks for help and information.
Someone (Alfa) decides to answer and provide knowledge and expertise.
Then Yorkjoss attacks Alfa, disorientates the discussion that becomes personal.

Guess who is losing from that? Budspencer of course, who will not have his questions answered anymore.
Well done Yorkjoss, you did it once again. Arbusers you are responsible for this by allowing trolls in your forum.
sideprofits, I am still here, you continue to request that i am banned but I am still here

as for your nonsensical post, let budspencer think for himself by reading posts and not let a guy like you do his thinking for him,
budspencer asked about tax free arbing countries, alfa gave him his opinion that in the UK you will pay tax, i posted fact on bud spencer's question not my opinion that you do not pay tax in the UK .

alfa provided him with false knowledge and no expertise, your post is nonsense and bud spencer will learn zero from his question if he reads what you and alfa have posted.

I am still here sideprofits ;D
Last edited by yorkjoss on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Why do you always insist on turning my words around Yorkyoss?  I did not say he would definitely pay taxes in the UK, I said that in my humble opinion, taxes could be due because arbing could be seen as a profession and not gambling per se...I then continued to post an article where it is explained in more detail.  The article also clearly stated the gambler (in this case a poker player) had won his case BUT it also says the same argument could be made in a different case like e.g. smart gambling with the use of bots and the outcome could be different.

READ, READ AGAIN...then reread once more...and after that, if you STILL see what your initial glance assumed it was, post your BS.  Stop taking 1 word and turning it into something you believe was said and whinge about it.

/end of that discussion.

To add to the thread and get somewheat back on track:

How do you UK guys solve the problem of "spending" the money?  Let's say you want to buy a rather expensive house...considering gambling is not a profession there, you would not be able to get a mortgage loan based on that income. What about a car loan? I suppose you could simply save your profits, but getting a loan can often be beneficial, definitely when buying a house.  What did/do you do to solve this? 
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: Why do you always insist on turning my words around Yorkyoss?  I did not say he would definitely pay taxes in the UK, I said that in my humble opinion, taxes could be due because arbing could be seen as a profession and not gambling per se...I then continued to post an article where it is explained in more detail.  The article also clearly stated the gambler (in this case a poker player) had won his case BUT it also says the same argument could be made in a different case like e.g. smart gambling with the use of bots and the outcome could be different.

READ, READ AGAIN...then reread once more...and after that, if you STILL see what your initial glance assumed it was, post your BS.  Stop taking 1 word and turning it into something you believe was said and whinge about it.

/end of that discussion.

To add to the thread and get somewheat back on track:

How do you UK guys solve the problem of "spending" the money?  Let's say you want to buy a rather expensive house...considering gambling is not a profession there, you would not be able to get a mortgage loan based on that income. What about a car loan? I suppose you could simply save your profits, but getting a loan can often be beneficial, definitely when buying a house.  What did/do you do to solve this?
alfa maybe it is you who has to re-read your post, bud spencer was looking for facts not your opinion, I gave him facts not my opinion, it's not about your opinion and was arrogant and stupid of you to think otherwise.

the guy is obviously thinking of relocating, I tried to help him and was called a troll by your friend sideprofits and again he requests I get banned, you and sideprofits on the other hand did nothing to help budspencer with his question and instead gave him misleading information which i corrected.

sideprofits I am still here
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Ok, you're right, my post could be confusing to Bud.

To clarify: there is no legislation right now that forces an arber to pay taxes and arbing/value betting income has also not been pursued yet by UK taxes.  My post was meant as a personal opinion and it stated the reasons why taxes could be due anyway for full time smart gamblers, without any laws having been changed.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”