RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Sharbing + calculations? Newbie.

Ask anything about smart gambling
OrLuckyLuke
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sharbing + calculations? Newbie.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 am

Hey everybody! Quite new to the world of betting but learning every day, so excited!

I tried to find a calculator to suit my needs but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right so I figured I'd make sure and ask from the more experienced fellas. :)

So I think I'm finding good arbitrage opportunities between my local betting shops (outside UK) and betfair exchange prices.

For example, for todays tennis game I found played A odds of winning at 4.1 at the shop and from exchange I found a lay odds of 5.1. It's a money maker right? If so then my next question is that how should I calculate the correct stakes and if there's an calculator online for this? Exchange takes 5% currently, might switch to Matchbook for lower commission if I get similar odds from there also.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
yo
yorkjoss

Re: Sharbing + calculations? Newbie.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 pm

OrLuckyLuke wrote: Hey everybody! Quite new to the world of betting but learning every day, so excited!

I tried to find a calculator to suit my needs but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right so I figured I'd make sure and ask from the more experienced fellas. :)

So I think I'm finding good arbitrage opportunities between my local betting shops (outside UK) and betfair exchange prices.

For example, for todays tennis game I found played A odds of winning at 4.1 at the shop and from exchange I found a lay odds of 5.1. It's a money maker right? If so then my next question is that how should I calculate the correct stakes and if there's an calculator online for this? Exchange takes 5% currently, might switch to Matchbook for lower commission if I get similar odds from there also.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
the lay odds on betfair have to be lower than what you are finding in the shops, you have much to learn,
be very careful or you are going to lose your money

you can find a hedging calculator on oddschecker, of course there are others and  they are straightforward to use
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

You can use this:

https://old.betburger.com/arb-calculator

Or this:
https://www.trickybet.net/lay-calculator

But as Yorkyoss said, your lay odd needs to be lower than your back odd to make money so please don't start doing this yet as it seems you are clueless for the moment and you could lose a lot of money...
OrLuckyLuke
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks for the reply guys and not to worry, it sounded too good to be true that's why I wanted to be sure.

I just had this wrong concept on my mind that with correct staking it wouldn't matter.

Return to “Newbie's questions”