exchange of money

Anything else but gambling
xajaker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

exchange of money

Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Guys can you advise please.

This issue has been bothering me for a while since i dont want to go to jail, dont think i will like it there.

I started arbing with this Albania local bookie, the odds are good but i have one issue of betting in the albania local currency Lek since it is better and gives more profit. The issues is getting the albania lek into finland since i live there. If i am to use banks, western union or anyhting, even neteller,  i will lose a good percentage.

so i decided to contact some albanians living in Finland, my deal with them is that they give me the money they actually want to send over to Albania and i in turn transfer the money i have in albania to their account in Albania. This way, we both win and save cost in transfer charges.

my issues is, am i laundering money, is this illegal.

Advise please
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: exchange of money

Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 am

You are not money laundering. 

Money laundering means exchanging illegal money (from drugs or any other illegal activity) and somehow through a process making that money "legal".  If the money you are giving these people has not been made in an illegal way (arbing is not illegal), you are not money laundering.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am

This is a Hawala system 100%.
Before going to discussion on what can be done and what can't be done, I m asking you why can't you use Neteller or any other mainstream way to get paid?
I understand that you will have to pay an exchange fee of...1.9-2.9 or 3.9%. Is that right?
With good money management and carefully selected transactions, you can keep the expenses lower than what figures show and also minimise the exchange risk.
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 am

you can use digital banks which offer very good rates for currency exchange like: revolut, paysera etc. find one which can offer you the best deal
then you can transfer converted euros to e-wallets: nt/skrill
this will save you a lot of money over longterm
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 am

Arbusers wrote: This is a Hawala system 100%.
Yes, but that is not illegal in Finland (and I don't it's illegal anywhere in the EU).
arbusers
Administrator

Thu May 24, 2018 8:04 am

Alfa1234 wrote:
Yes, but that is not illegal in Finland (and I don't it's illegal anywhere in the EU).
I didn't say it is illegal, but we need to check the Albanian side also about legality and not only the Finish.
I m trying to take as more info as I can from xajaker, so we might end up in a way where we will not have any questions about legality.
xajaker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks Guys, now i feel a little saver.

i could use skrill or neteller but this money management and accounting thing, are heavier than i thought and either way, i am going to still lose some percentage but with this method, i gain instead and i think it is easier for me. 

But i will surely consider all options also now.
xajaker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 am

Arbusers wrote:
Alfa1234 wrote:
I didn't say it is illegal, but we need to check the Albanian side also about legality and not only the Finish.
I m trying to take as more info as I can from xajaker, so we might end up in a way where we will not have any questions about legality.

any question, i am willing to answer, the Albanian side, i really dont think they mind and also i am not physically involved there and so i am not much afraid. My most worries is in the Finland side.
arbusers
Administrator

Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 am

geetz wrote: you can use digital banks which offer very good rates for currency exchange like: revolut, paysera etc. find one which can offer you the best deal
1 question and a point here:
How many digital banks support Albanian Lek?
Also, I can clearly say that most if not all of them will reject gambling money. It is written in their T&Cs. I would avoid masquerading any transaction with them.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 am

Transferwise has the Albanian LEK (try their borderless account) and is currently, as far as I have been able to dig up, not taking part in CRS.
xajaker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 am

Arbusers wrote:
geetz wrote: you can use digital banks which offer very good rates for currency exchange like: revolut, paysera etc. find one which can offer you the best deal
Also, I can clearly say that most if not all of them will reject gambling money. It is written in their T&Cs. I would avoid masquerading any transaction with them.

I didnt check up on the digital banks but i did on other transfer agents like Azimo, western union , money gram and the charges are deadly, also i am considering how far my money is available to me for use, with my method it is almost instant but i wonder if any method will beat it in speed.

Transferwise seemed the best option but i called them couple of time and they said they dont support Albania Lek. I WILL CALL AGAIN NW
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu May 24, 2018 8:38 am

xajaker wrote:
Arbusers wrote:

I didnt check up on the digital banks but i did on other transfer agents like Azimo, western union , money gram and the charges are deadly, also i am considering how far my money is available to me for use, with my method it is almost instant but i wonder if any method will beat it in speed.

Transferwise seemed the best option but i called them couple of time and they said they dont support Albania Lek. I WILL CALL AGAIN NW
They have all the rates etc up on their site but after checking it more thoroughly I think you can only send LEK to them (to get EUR) and not the other way around...sorry for not checking better before.
xajaker
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 am

Alfa1234 wrote:
xajaker wrote:
Arbusers wrote: 1 question and a point here:

They have all the rates etc up on their site but after checking it more thoroughly I think you can only send LEK to them (to get EUR) and not the other way around...sorry for not checking better before.

Yes that is true but thanks a lot guys, since i am not breaking any laws, i think i continue with the HAWALA system.

Woo, thank goodness, not going to jail soon
arbusers
Administrator

Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 am

You have a disadvantage here.
All Hawala systems require trust from all enabled members. The first Hawala systems were among members of a broaden family.
Do you have that trust?
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 pm

A direct charter flight HEL-TIA just started to run , so you can fly to Albania to collect your LEK and meanwhile enjoy some beach days there  :) :P

P:S how did you sign up ? These bookies accept only locals , apart of Bastarena.
Last edited by fnatic91 on Thu May 24, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rest Area”