BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Cancelled bets at Champions league final at pinnacle.

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
sreta
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Cancelled bets at Champions league final at pinnacle.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 pm

hello friends,   
      Oh where to start with this, it is really very tilting!
So i placed two bets at pinncale, real madrid pk. The first when the score was 1-0,  and the second when the score was 2-1. After the game finished the money were placed in my account with the bets as winners, but shortly after they deduct it and say the bets were cancelled.
They say that they had wrong info at the scores, the first time they wrote the score was 0-0 instead of 1-0 that was in reality, and the second time 1-0 instead of 2-1...Bear in mind that i was not at home at a desktop, but placed the bets from my cellphone so didn't even notice what score they were writting. Not that it matters anyway as there is no difference when you play a pk bet (1-0, vs 2-1 is the same thing)
    Did this happen to anyone else? I am interested especially  if someone betted pk livepool to answer me.
Do you think that there is anything i can/should do? It seems no as they said they "If Pinnacle decides to cancel a wager for this reason, all bets on the incorrect odd will be cancelled. We do not selectively cancel bets.''
    It just feels so unfair and its a big ammount of money, how could they make a mistake at the champions league final seems impossible and  to me. Shouldn't they have cancelled the bets if they wanted when they realised it, and not at the end of the match. That way i would have been able to play it somewhere else if wanted... And it's not that someone gained an advantage when they placed a pk bet , as opposed to an over/under line for example.
Last edited by sreta on Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Cancelled bets at Champions league final at pinnacle.

Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Lesson is to not place bets without a close eye on the game!!
Never trust a goose!!!
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi sreta

I've been getting some bet cancellations as well from pinnacle lately, which is quite annoying. It is especially annoying as they were bets just slightly out of line, not unlike many other bets where pinnacle holds the "true" line and other bookies tend to shift towards pinnacle's odds... so yeah, with such behaviour, if it gets too frequent, it's not even gonna be safe to arb with pinnacle anymore. They should imo at least pay "corrected" odds, but not a full cancellation of a winning bet after the match has been played... that's totally unacceptable. I am extremely dissatisfied with pinnacle doing this, which is to be expected from bet365 and the likes but not from them.

In your case, either what they say is true and you caught them in a mistake, or it's just plain theft. If you tell us what odds you got, what was the score and the moment of the match, it should be quite easy to tell if it was a mistake and it's "fair" (well, as fair as can be...) that they cancel those bets.

If, on the other hand, odds look correct and no mistake was made, bets should stand and what you could do is look for odds in other bookies at that exact same moment and contact pinnacle telling them that odds were similar in the whole market. If this is the case, they probably won't pay you anyway, but that's the best I can think of right now. And of course if you have a strong case, you could expose it here so everybody knows how pinnacle handles these situations.

Good luck.
sreta
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:44 pm

hey barbero,

Thanks for your asnwer and the useful informations you provided. I would like to know how often has this happened to you and at what sports/games? If there are other posters that could contribute to this, it would be helpful. Especially for this particular bet if there is anyone who bet pk at liverpool (the bet that lost).

To add some info to this situation: Due to the reason that it was the champions league final, i was out with friends to watch the game. So i had no desktop and didn't even see the other sites/odds etc. I just wanted to place these  real pk bets (from my cellphone), and pinnacle would seem like the safest/ standard option. So there is no case that i found a mistake at odds and took advantage of it. Not that it matters anyway to be honest if that wasn't the case. I repeat it's not that i bet over/under at wrong score.It is my understanding that  they must have had the score only wrong (which i didn't notice), and not the odds for those bets i placed.

Here are the bets:

160 12:58pm 26-May-18 26-May-18 Soccer
Handicap Real Madrid (n) (+0) vs Liverpool for Match.
[Live! 0-0]    1.591 8,217.23 Cancelled

162 1:13pm 26-May-18 26-May-18 Soccer
Handicap Real Madrid (n) (+0) vs Liverpool for Match.
[Live! 0-0]    1.537 9,563.82 Cancelled
3 - 1
Live UEFA - Champions League
Bet Information
Wager Cancelled - Sat May 26 13:52:07 PDT 2018: The bet was offered with an incorrect line

As for their policy:
They mentioned that the bet was offered at an incorrect line :  the correct information should be score 2-1 instead of score 1-0. (for example for the second bet). And when there is an incorrect line they cancel all the bets.

This is very frustating and unfair in my opinion, especially when they didn't cancel the bets at live, so i would have the option to bet elsewhere. And damn it wasn't a serie b match but the FINAL!

thanks again to you, and whoever provides some adittional experiences or suggestions to what can be done in those situations. Not that i think there is any possibility for this to change to be honest.
Last edited by sreta on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi mate, I feel your frustration. Been there a couple of times... honestly I don't believe anything can change either, but the least we can do is expose these cases.

I've had these happening a few times, some 3-4-5 times, in tennis and soccer. So I wouldn't say it's very frequent, it rarely happens. In these cases, I didn't do anything weird, maybe just picked some slightly out of line odds*. Most of the time they have out of line odds and the market shifts towards them, as you know; so it's unfair to cancel at will, when the market doesn't move.

So regarding your case, I see the times there but I'm not sure what minute of the game they correspond to. If you could please specify the minute of the game, I'm sure we can check out if there was really an error in Pinnacle's odds or not. But as you said, it looks like the "error" they claim was that they showed wrong score information and not an error on the odds. So the most interesting thing would be to check if someone who bet on the opposite result also had their bets voided. Surely someone must've bet on that.

* I'm not counting here some obvious errors, totally out of line bets. We all know those are errors and it is sort of "fair" for them to cancel those.

Return to “Bookies discussion”