RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How to avoid skrill FX conversion

Skrill: VIP accounts | Highest Limits | Reduced costs
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How to avoid skrill FX conversion

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am

Hi guys. I have skrill accounts in USD and GBP, but my usual bank account is in EUR. Is there any way to avoid skrill FX conversion? I tried setting up Leupay account in GBP, but skrill insists on first converting the GBP to BGN and depositing them to my GBP denominated account at Leupay (Leupay is located in Bulgaria). The point of all this is that I would deposit the money to my broker account in the USD/GBP and convert them at fraction of Skrill's cost.

My plan was to get GBP or USD IBAN and move money there from skrill. Then transfer the respective balances to broker and only then change to EUR, if needed.
Last edited by Kokos, CFA on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
christianj
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: How to avoid skrill FX conversion

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

Dont know if this will help but i ithink transferwise has the best conversion rate.

you can open a borderless account with them, the account should be in euros.

The get a skrill card, pay deposit into your transferwise borderless account but paying in with skrill card.

Then transfer the euros in your transferwise borderles account to your bank account.

should take 30 minutes or 1hr.

or

you can just open account with transferwise, then decide to sent money to your bank account so you will be sending between pounds to recieve euros in your bank account.

they will ask you to pay with card, which skrill card should work.

they will charge you in pounds and deposit in your bank in euros but you might lose 2 percent or lesser.

takes 1 hr

Return to “Skrill”