BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

The sports betting process

Ask anything about smart gambling
chromosomeseeker

The sports betting process

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 am

Hello all, I'm new here and also completely new to gambling. The question I'd like to ask is the noobiest of noob questions and it's simply how the process works.

What I want to do is bet a small sum of money on an upcoming fight with great odds as a first time bet to hopefully make a little money and also to spice it up when watching it. Nothing else. I don't wish to do anything crazy and for that reason perhaps this is not the best place to ask but I simply haven't found anywhere else (if I could be pointed in the right direction of somewhere else to go that would be great too)

So far, I have made an account with William Hill but haven't deposited yet. I read too many things about them just refusing to pay winners or asking for ridiculously specific verification methods that kind of put me off. One thing that would help me is if someone has been through this process can correct me on my current interpretation of what happens:

Win:
1 You make an account and deposit some money
2 Your predicted outcome is right
3 The money is added to your e-wallet? (I don't have a clue how these work)
4 To withdraw the money you have won and put it into your bank account you must send a bunch of documents proving your age, identity address etc. (Again someone who has done this would help so much)
5 You wait probably over a week
6 You get the money

Lose:
1 Your predicted outcome is wrong
2 Nothing else to do

I'm just wondering if there is any stage I'm missing in this process or have I got it more or less right?

Thank you to anyone that answers
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: The sports betting process

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:53 am

Yep that's all correct.  Although the money will not go into an "e wallet", the money will simply go to your William hill account (basically the number of GBP or whatever you see when you log into your William Hill account).

If you are legit, that is, you are a real person and have not faked your adress or anything you should not worry at all about getting stiffed.  All reputable companies (and William Hill is one) will pay you.

Return to “Newbie's questions”