RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Understanding European Handicaps

Ask anything about smart gambling
Freakazoid
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Understanding European Handicaps

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey, I am trying to understand European Handicaps (EH).

I currently see an arb on oddsstorm saying this: EH1 (+1) vs. 2. Does this mean that team 2 must win by atleast 1 goal? Or does it mean that the score starts 1-0. If the last is the case, it's possible for the match to end 1-1 and then nobody wins since it's a draw?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Understanding European Handicaps

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:49 pm

European handicap +1 is the same as double chance.  If the game ends in 1-1, you would win your European handicap +1.

Don't arb if you don't know these things 100% by heart without even having to think about it...it can only end in disaster.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 am

Ive been doing this for a good few years and I still dont understand all the different asian/European handicaps.  I just never arb these kind of bets as I know I would F them up and suffer a loss lol
Never trust a goose!!!
alealeale
Totally Pro

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Basically, betting on EH you can only win or lose (the whole amount).
Asian Handicap can get you a loss of the whole amount, a loss of part of stake and viceversa...or a void.
EH is easier to calculate because you simply have to add or subtract the h value to the score.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:52 pm

dealer wins wrote: Ive been doing this for a good few years and I still dont understand all the different asian/European handicaps.  I just never arb these kind of bets as I know I would F them up and suffer a loss lol
Are you serious? All handicaps add goals to one of the teams to determine the final score and you win or lose according to this amended score.

EH adds an integer number of goals (1, 2, 3, etc) to one of the teams, and there are three possible outcomes (win/draw/loss).

AH adds an integer or and integer and a half (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc.) to one of the teams, and there are only two outcomes (win/loss). In case of draw (only possible if the handicap is an integer), the stake is returned.

AH can also show quarter handicaps (0.25, 0.75, 1.25). But this is just a simplification for placing two bets. I,e, if handicap is 1.25 then you are placing half your stake on handicap 1 and the other half on 1.5.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com

Return to “Newbie's questions”