Smarkets email

Info about betting exchanges.
DPG
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Smarkets email

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi XXXXXX,

We monitor traffic and it appears the number of requests made by your account is far above that of a normal web user. Making numerous requests per second is activity that is more akin to an API user and the web interface is not designed for the level of activity we are seeing from your account.

As an alternative, we are willing to allow you access to our API. Please note that your trading through the API will not be subject to our standard 2% commission on winnings structure, but instead will be priced according to a net profit and loss (P&L) calculation. The fee will be equal to 20% of your net lifetime P&L, as calculated by Smarkets.

Please note that our web interface is not designed for such high level of activity we were seeing on your account, therefore, if we are unable to agree with the above terms we will be unable to allow you to continue to use our exchange.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Edgaras

Has anyone else had the above email from Smarkets or are they just picking on me. I don't use bots or API and bet and trade manually. Winners not welcome same as Betunfair!

They are heavily reliant on 1 group of market makers and if you beat them then I guess you get shown the door.
Last edited by DPG on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Smarkets email

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Very disappointing e-mail.
These are Premium Charges with a silly excuse.
My opinion for Smarkets is not good, now even worse.
jp
jpdias101

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:15 pm

thats is just outrageous. smarkets trying to replicate betfair despite having very poor liquidity
DPG
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm

I emailed them and told them I don't use bots and they replied and said after a further investigation they agreed with me. I had been placing an awful lot of bets during the world cup and wimbledon so I just about understand why they thought I might have been.

Forum owners can delete this thread if you want to.
Last edited by DPG on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

I would say this thread still contains a lot of useful information, even if your case was successfully resolved (which I am happy to hear).
Chipmunk
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am

Sounds like the initial email/decision was automatic - they must have a lot of bots if that's needed.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am

Chipmunk wrote: they must have a lot of bots if that's needed.
It is 100% sure that bots are operating on Smarkets. But their number is much lower compared to the bots operating on Betfair.

Return to “Exchanges”