Colombian bookies

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
KenWilber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Colombian bookies

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:34 pm

I will be next 5 weeks in colombia.
Any recommendations for good colombian bookies?
I havent seen any street shops so far.. where are they?
Websites? any info I would highly appreciate.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Colombian bookies

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I don't recommend you to bet offline in almost all South America....
JulianTorres
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Hello Ken.

I'm from Colombia.

The online gambling/betting, including (unfairly) poker, is regulated by local entity Coljuegos.

Here you can see the only 11 bookies allowed:
http://www.coljuegos.gov.co/publicaciones/operadores_de_juegos_on_line_autorizados_por_coljuegos_pub

Here you can see where are the street shops owned by some of those bookies (the addresses):
http://www.coljuegos.gov.co/loader.php?lServicio=operadores&lFuncion=establecimientosJuegosInternet

The internet connection is monitored and blocked for most popular bookies (Bet365, Betfair, Pinnacle, etc). We have to use VPN's in most cases.
prokroustis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 am

JulianTorres wrote: Hello Ken.

I'm from Colombia.

The online gambling/betting, including (unfairly) poker, is regulated by local entity Coljuegos.

Here you can see the only 11 bookies allowed:
http://www.coljuegos.gov.co/publicaciones/operadores_de_juegos_on_line_autorizados_por_coljuegos_pub

Here you can see where are the street shops owned by some of those bookies (the addresses):
http://www.coljuegos.gov.co/loader.php?lServicio=operadores&lFuncion=establecimientosJuegosInternet

The internet connection is monitored and blocked for most popular bookies (Bet365, Betfair, Pinnacle, etc). We have to use VPN's in most cases.
Hi my friend I was planning to move in Medellin as an expat and start betting from there but unfortunately i found out a couple days ago that exchanges are not allowed in Colombia and Pinnacle as well. Is there any country in Latin America where betting exchanges and/or Pinnacle are legal?

Cheers
jp
jpdias101

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:16 am

i herad stories of big winners getting persucuted and killed in south america. be careful
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 am

A couple of guys asked me about the betting situation in Colombia.
JulianTorres report above is good but allow me to add something more.

Colombia has been a betting paradise and this is the reason why many syndicates moved to the country to capitalise the chances provided. That was the good news.

During this last year almost 3 million Venezuelans moved to Colombia searching for food and a better luck. This is a much bigger wave of refugees if you compare it with the Europe's. New comers brought new chances if you know what I mean. This Eldorado attracted the attention of the government who decided to crack betting business. Some days ago Colombian gaming regulator Coljuegos has blocked 1,805 websites which have been offering online gaming without authorisation. The number is expecting to go much higher. The number of on line operators globally is around 4.200. Maybe higher than that.
There are now 14 websites that offer legal online betting in Colombia. By the end of this year it is expected that three more online bookmakers will be licensed. Later within 2019, 3 more licensed bookmakers might come to business making a total of 20 licensed bookmakers.

The betting syndicates already found other countries to move their business. Some of them in South and central Americas.
Those of you who are visiting Colombia, you can use your own Pinnacle and Betfair accounts from your countries of your origin by using Teamviewer. I advise not to use a VPN service.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:52 am

Are you f@cking kidding me?

Colombia’s Coljuegos gambling regulatory agency had issued an online gambling license to Servicios Distrired SAS, part of a Medellin-based group with a 15-year history of offering “mass consumption products aimed at the traditional Colombian market, mostly virtual.”

Return to “Bookies discussion”