Arbing principles

Ask anything about smart gambling
legitarb
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing principles

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Hey fellow arbers,

I would like to discuss some things with you. What interests me is the main approaches to arbing. My questions are about pregame arbing:

1. How much do you usually bet or arbs?
2. What profit do you get?
3. On what kind of arbs do you bet on ~5% or lower ones and why?
4. How often do you do that? (Do you do it few times a day, or you do it once in 3 days)
5. Also are there some extremely important rules to prevent you from getting restricted (also I need to know the differences between betting on sharp bookies vs soft bookies)
6. Are there any more important things that I need to know?

P. S. I know about different bookmakers rules about tennis withdrawals and etc.

Thank you very much for your help! Good luck and have safe profitable arbs!
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Arbing principles

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:24 pm

I don't get why do you need to know tennis rules...
you win some or lose some long-term
legitarb
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Not tennis rules but bookmakers rules. For example player retires and one bookmaker counts that as a loose, and other bookmaker makes the odd = 1. And you loose your money.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Not tennis rules but bookmakers rules. For example player retires and one bookmaker counts that as a loose, and other bookmaker makes the odd = 1. And you loose your money.
And so? You are winning also "losing"bets
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 pm

one small think to consider also is that different rules apply to different sports also, not only tennis.
hockey and even basketball.
for example, in the over/under markets in basketball MOST bookies include the overtimes, but SOME do not, and u might get burn if you do not know this.
legitarb
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 pm

testez wrote: one small think to consider also is that different rules apply to different sports also, not only tennis.
hockey and even basketball.
for example, in the over/under markets in basketball MOST bookies include the overtimes, but SOME do not, and u might get burn if you do not know this.
Yeah thanks, but could you help me a bit more and answer few more of these questions?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:30 pm

All your questions are answered many times in this site already.  Read the forum!!!
Never trust a goose!!!
legitarb
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:29 am

dealer wins wrote: All your questions are answered many times in this site already.  Read the forum!!!
Instead of writing pointless crap and wasting your time you could’ve answered my questions and helped me.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 am

legitarb wrote:
dealer wins wrote: All your questions are answered many times in this site already.  Read the forum!!!
Instead of writing pointless crap and wasting your time you could’ve answered my questions and helped me.
Or you could have spent the time answering his post by simply following his good advice and try to actually learn something for yourself.  No-one is going to hold your hand and give you a guide on how to make money here.  Arbing is about finding this stuff out yourself and being creative, to find things that work for you.  It's hard work and if you want to make real money you'll have to treat it like a job and put the hours in.  Reading the forum is step 1.  It'll give you loads of info and 99% of your basic questions will be answered.  If you then have some specific questions, most people will be happy to help you here...but don't just come here and say "I want to arb to make money, tell me how"...because that's what you've done.
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 am

I told you already answering in other topic: why don't you make just a bit effort and search yourself? 100% agreed with guys posted before. At the moment you waste our time asking basic questions. When I started I was like you for a while. But wise guys corrected my attitude straight away and Im grateful for that. I started working, being creative like they adviced, spent thousand of hours reading and trying different ways to make money and years after I can say I succeeded. You just have to work this out yourself there isn't other option. Even if we tell how to make money you will be in some way disabled cause you just have to go through all this step by step. You can't flight F16 after you played some Playstation games. So - as you said - stop posting crap and get back to reading.
legitarb
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 am

Alfa1234 wrote:
legitarb wrote:
Or you could have spent the time answering his post by simply following his good advice and try to actually learn something for yourself.  No-one is going to hold your hand and give you a guide on how to make money here.  Arbing is about finding this stuff out yourself and being creative, to find things that work for you.  It's hard work and if you want to make real money you'll have to treat it like a job and put the hours in.  Reading the forum is step 1.  It'll give you loads of info and 99% of your basic questions will be answered.  If you then have some specific questions, most people will be happy to help you here...but don't just come here and say "I want to arb to make money, tell me how"...because that's what you've done.

I’ve read plenty of topics in the forum, however they are VERY ABSTRACT like this: “ be careful if you are inexperienced” , “don’t get restricted”. This is not ordinary topic because I’m interested in hearing certain REAL experiences and problems they face. You may say that arbers won’t share it, maybe you won’t but others will.
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 am

Ehh... You don't listen at all. Nobody will tell you how to avoid being restricted cause next day his way how to avoid being restricted will be useless. You noticed already that this is all about basic principles and you have to find your ways how to arb. Nobody will show you how to make money. Having this attitude "answer my questions, now!" you will give up in few weeks. Real pros only survive and pros only make serious money. If you keep asking instead of reading you will quit sooner than you think. Some ways of making money which worked few months ago will be gone and it's like a circle, nothing last forever. So even if we tell you, you will ask again soon. Allright, this is a waste of my time, you got loads of advices and its up to you what you will do with them.
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:21 am

maletaja wrote:
And so? You are winning also "losing"bets
I was thinking about it before. Those rules could affect odds and probabilities. There could be some relation between probability to retire and how good player is, or certain players could retire more often etc.
It just isn't so clear you are kind of making different bets with diffrent rules but they are very correlated.

It could be a problem for more sports. But probabilities that a tennis match won't finish regularly is huge compare to other sports.There aren't many abandoned matches in football or basketball.
Last edited by Trevorr on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:35 am

Newbies asking rudely for people to give away their trade secrets on a silver plate will always recieve a warm welcome.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Some how I find the title arbing principles as misleading as we are discussing about common questions and not principles.

Return to “Newbie's questions”