BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Hypothetically: with a £1m float, how much could one make arbing 50 hours/week?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
arbetour
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Hypothetically: with a £1m float, how much could one make arbing 50 hours/week?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:40 am

Thoughts please
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Hypothetically: with a £1m float, how much could one make arbing 50 hours/week?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 am

Hypothetically, how much could one make starting a restaurant with 1m capital?

That question the same answer.  It depends on a large variety of things.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Re: Hypothetically: with a £1m float, how much could one make arbing 50 hours/week?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:45 am

Alfa1234 wrote: Hypothetically, how much could one make starting a restaurant with 1m capital?

I think about 100k is more than enough float, you would never get anywhere near a £1 million in action!
Never trust a goose!!!
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:01 pm

just forget it, the risk and stress for 1million is just way too ahead for the profit, even with just 20k, you will have ton of stress with limits, accounting, wrong bets, mistakes, held funds etc so imagine when it is 1million.

Just find a better investment, 50k is more than enough.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:01 pm

dealer wins wrote:
Alfa1234 wrote: Hypothetically, how much could one make starting a restaurant with 1m capital?

I think about 100k is more than enough float, you would never get anywhere near a £1 million in action!
About double that if you are purely arbing would be better, imho.
arbetour
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm

jagas wrote: just forget it, the risk and stress for 1million is just way too ahead for the profit, even with just 20k, you will have ton of stress with limits, accounting, wrong bets, mistakes, held funds etc so imagine when it is 1million.

Just find a better investment, 50k is more than enough.
Any ideas on the "better investment"?
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:12 pm

stop trolling.
jp
jpdias101

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:20 pm

forget arbing, value betting is the future.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Many years ago I would say that you need 150-200k to unfold all the potential for arbing. Today this is not the case. I would say that 60-70k would be all the capital you need for a successful arbing action. If you are about to work with other sharp action techniques beyond arbing, then you might need some more capital. for example, if you are about to sharb too, you will need an additional capital to cover this action as well.
You don't need a million in this business, unless you are doing something unusual.
Now how much would you make with these? An experienced arber is doing 16% monthly, a good arber is doing 10-12%, newbies might do 2-5%, or even lose some money because of mistakes.
Of course the figures are very general and they depend on a lot of factors.
Last edited by arbusers on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Arbusers wrote: You don't need a million in this business, unless you are doing something unusual.
I wonder about this unusual. What could it be?
Bastard
Has experience

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

campeones wrote:
Arbusers wrote: You don't need a million in this business, unless you are doing something unusual.
I wonder about this unusual. What could it be?
Probably market manipulation.
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Arbusers wrote: Many years ago I would say that you need 150-200k to unfold all the potential for arbing. Today this is not the case. I would say that 60-70k would be all the capital you need for a successful arbing action. If you are about to work with other sharp action techniques beyond arbing, then you might need some more capital. for example, if you are about to sharb too, you will need an additional capital to cover this action as well.
You don't need a million in this business, unless you are doing something unusual.
Now how much would you make with these? An experienced barber is doing 16% monthly, a good barber is doing 10-12%, newbies might do 2-5%, or even lose some money because of mistakes.
Of course the figures are very general and they depend on a lot of factors.

Even that seems very high? I'm curious, because i started with 5k (a loan from a friend) and was making 2k a month, then i paid him back after i made enough to go it on my own. I only do in play arbing and when i really out in the effort i can make £100-£200 per day sometimes more. I only use 4-5 bookies at the moment as i dont have the funds for more, but im curious as to what someone would be doing with 70k?
peny22
Has experience

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm

"Even that seems very high? I'm curious, because i started with 5k (a loan from a friend) and was making 2k a month, then i paid him back after i made enough to go it on my own. I only do in play arbing and when i really out in the effort i can make £100-£200 per day sometimes more. I only use 4-5 bookies at the moment as i dont have the funds for more, but im curious as to what someone would be doing with 70k?"

Can you write from which arbitrary search engine you use and do you only play arbitrage live?.
Last edited by peny22 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 pm

arbetour wrote: Thoughts please
it's really hard to generalize. every arber has (or should have) its own niches.  i've been doing this for many years, and my bank is a few times bigger than 100K, altough nowhere near 1M.  But, I make no where near 10% or (usually) even 5% a month, but even less than that.  Still these yields generate a nice income in absolute terms considering the amount of hours I put in and the amount of risk, and those yields are still insanely good compared to for example passive investing, so I'm not complaining.

but anyway, long story short, whatever anybody is telling you your bank should be, or your yield should be, ignore it: it's only valid for themselves and based on their own work ethic and situation.
Last edited by vinciguerra on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm

peny22 wrote: "Even that seems very high? I'm curious, because i started with 5k (a loan from a friend) and was making 2k a month, then i paid him back after i made enough to go it on my own. I only do in play arbing and when i really out in the effort i can make £100-£200 per day sometimes more. I only use 4-5 bookies at the moment as i dont have the funds for more, but im curious as to what someone would be doing with 70k?"

Can you write from which arbitrary search engine you use and do you only play arbitrage live?.
I use Betburger and yes i only do live. I use stakes of a few hundred and dont usually go for anything under 5% or over 15%. I only use large stakes on accounts i've had for a while though as ive been limited quick with new accounts doing this.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”