A poll about copy-betting automation

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
saizo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

A poll about copy-betting automation

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a software developer and along with my team we are creating a system that could be used to automate the betting for the players that use tipsters (people that give bet advices). Essentially, whenever you get a tip our system automatically places a bet for you, using your betting account.

In order to better understand the problems of people that bet regularly and of people that use tipsters, we have created a small poll. You can take part by visiting the following link and answering some quick questions. It would take you no more than 2 minutes:

https://goo.gl/forms/eImjQcqEh04y7tKc2  (it is google forms, nothing dangerours!)

We don't advertize anything, we just want to better understand the problem, so feel free to participate, it would be fun.

We think that the questions are quite interesting and you can see the results after you submit your answers, so please have a look!

Thank you all!
Last edited by saizo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: A poll about copy-betting automation

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:43 pm

pinnacle and bet365 done, try other bookmakers
saizo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi kustef, can you elaborate a bit?
Last edited by saizo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 am

There are services who offer this for pinnacle and bet365 already. You just select the tipster and bets are placed automatically in pinnacle and bet365 by bot. If you could do this for other bookies it would be interesting. Can you post your mail here ? I am interesed in a custom made software.
saizo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I am aware of this tool.

I'm actually creating a system with a different approach that would support the exchanges initially.

The thing that troubles me the most though, is whether there would be enough liquidity so that the followers would get the same or very similar odds with the tipster (so that they get some value too). I think that the exchanges can't offer the required liquidity. Are pinnacle and bet365 able to offer enough liquidity? Has anyone experience in copy betting tipsters?

The problem is that I want to make use of the bookmakers APIs to place the bets, which means that the bookmakers must agree to open their systems to such a use case. And this is not so easy. Even the so called "winner friendly" ones have some reservations...

PS. Wolvie, could you describe publicly what you would like to have? This way If I'm not able to do it due to limited time, someone else might be able to help you.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:37 am

Even this approach already exists. There is a service which does exactly this. They put tipster bets for you on betfair exchange.
Archi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:09 am

saizo wrote:
The thing that troubles me the most though, is whether there would be enough liquidity so that the followers would get the same or very similar odds with the tipster (so that they get some value too). I think that the exchanges can't offer the required liquidity. Are pinnacle and bet365 able to offer enough liquidity? Has anyone experience in copy betting tipsters?

Well the answer obviously depends on this few factors:
-how many subscribers are following the tipster
-what stakes are they using
-what sport/league is the tipster using
-when is the tipster placing his bets, is it 48-72h before the match or is it 1-2h before the match etc.

In my experience, no. You wouldn't be able to place the same bets as the tipster simply because neither Pinnacle nor Bet365 don't have enough liquidity. If there would be a tipster placing bets a couple of hours in a Premier League match you'd have no problem getting the same odds but good luck finding such a tipster. Most of the class I football markets, NBA/NFL/NHL, ATP/WTA etc. are pretty efficient and it's very hard to make a profit prematch in the long term.

So most of the successful tipsters are operating in low liquidity markets that aren't that efficient but that comes with the ,,dropping odds'' issue.
saizo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks Archi, very good points.

So, what people who pay for a tipster do currently? I guess that they eventually agree with the lower odds and hope to get some value too.

I know that there are some big tipping services that have a quite big user base with many tipsters and I guess a lot of followers for some of them.
Last edited by saizo on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am

The problem with bookmakers is that they dont give the api except asians and betfair exchange. So if you have another method of placing bet just like we do from browser in a virtual server than it would work. Liquidity is no problem because not all your customers will follow same tipster. There is enough liquidity in big league bookies to have a great service.
saizo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am

Wolfie wrote: The problem with bookmakers is that they dont give the api except asians and betfair exchange. So if you have another method of placing bet just like we do from browser in a virtual server than it would work. Liquidity is no problem because not all your customers will follow same tipster. There is enough liquidity in big league bookies to have a great service.
Indeed this is the problem. I would prefer not to follow the webpage scrapping approach that you mention since it goes against the bookmaker's terms and conditions, but sometimes you might not have a choice. By the way by saying "like we do" you mean that you have created such a service?

Regarding the tipping websites. According to Archi's experience, most tipsters operate in low liquidity markets which I tend to agree. If this is the case then I would really like to understand if it has a real meaning to pay for tips or not. Do all these people who pay for tips in the big tipping services have false hopes?
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 am

No i mean like we do when we bet with browser just like average punter. Some have false hopes, some really win, some use the service for other purposes.

Return to “Value betting talk”