Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
stefanin00
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API service disabled

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:35 am

Hi, after about one month of use Pinnacle disabled my api with this message:
"Dear Client,

Please take note that we aren’t offering our API to the general public for the foreseeable future.

Please understand that this is a move for Pinnacle as a business, as we look to venture into offering our API system now known as Pinnacle Solution.

Should you be interested in gaining access to our API for commercial purposes, please contact b2b@pinnaclesolution.com.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for being a customer here at Pinnacle.

Best regards,
Customer Service Department"

I replied that I'm using it only for my peronal purpose but they replied that their api service is no longer available for anyone,but I found in a forum that in august the same thing occurred to another player, and they told him the same thing...
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Pinnacle API service disabled

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 am

Has anyone else got a similar message recently?
Otherwise perhaps you did'nt place enough bets?
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

I just tested my API-connection. It works!

I do what I can to comply with their T&Cs for being able to use their API-solution (which is quite fair):
  • Betting regularly with Pinnacle. (which I would do anyways)
  • Decreasing load on their server by using the "last" parameter (don't download the same data twice) in every request.
Furthermore, I see no reason in making requests if I am not using it for anything (as I don't run a 24/7 betting bot)

Their statement however, transition into "Pinnacle solution", makes me wonder if the above doesn't matter and I am on the verge of having my API-access disabled as well.
StasEoS

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Does anyone still have pinnacle-api working now?
I would really like to understand how you can get it (I'm even ready to buy an account), but I don't understand if this is possible?
Sam5za4
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:59 pm

A friend told me that now to use the Pinnacle API now you must have activity in the account and should maintain regular turnover, if you do not meet the requirements they disable the API for your account and you cannot reactivate it again. You must ask for a new account from your provider or for further instructions on how to activate the API. Hope this info is helpful to someone
Meise
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:20 pm

I have used the Pinnacle API for years without any problems (but yes I was maintaining regular turnover, always used the "last" parameter, and only requested odds for the sports I was betting on).

Return to “Bookies discussion”