RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Tested light-weight Arbing Software

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
BeterBet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tested light-weight Arbing Software

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:26 pm

About a year ago, I wrote and used some arbing software in C# as a (somewhat overblown) hobby project. I had a lot of fun with it and saw it working well (e.g. I made money), but I have since moved on to other, albeit similar, ventures. Also, extending it further on my own in the direction I had in mind would simply take too much time right now.

The code is optimized for use with "oddsportal.com", but the arbitrage-finder behind it is easily usable in other contexts (such as a betting exchange api). The fun feature of this software is that because of the way it finds arbitrages, it is able to find "exotic" combinations of arbitrages, other than the traditional combinations you'd find in internet arb-tutorials so to speak.

I played around with it today after seeing it during a computer clean-up and was excited to see it still works. I'm quite happy with the final result and would love to make a buck out of the software and the knowledge I accumulated building it, if possible. Obviously, selling it is an option, but I wouldn't know where to start looking for a buyer.  I'm open to other suggestions though.

I'm ready for the probable skepticism I'm probably going to get, but I simply know it works first-hand and believe in the algo. Any reflections or advices on this would be very helpful! What do you arbers think?
Last edited by BeterBet on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Tested light-weight Arbing Software

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 pm

If it really works run the bloody software 24/7 dont sell it lol
Never trust a goose!!!
BeterBet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:42 pm

That makes sense, but the thing is - it's at a stage where you still have to input positions by hand and with the advent of all kinds of automatic possibilities in other markets, that's where my preference lies at the moment, for various reasons.

I mean if any of you have any advice on how I could truly automate it within a reasonable time, that's great also, but the possibilities I've seen so far aren't time-efficient for me. I'm open for a lot of stuff, if anyone has some awesome advice. But so far, selling it just makes sense.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Perhaps if you considered allowing trials for people interested to test it, or at least record a video or some kind of more in depth evidence of how it works, you could get more attention.

Good luck ;)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”