RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pinnacle Issue

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Pinnacle Issue

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Absolutely agreed with Arbusers, Pinnacle isn't what it used to be. I myself've had a few voids over time, more than should be expected if they are the great bookmaker they claim to be.

Still far better than any other book... but that doesn't change the unpleasant fact that they are voiding whenever they want and this is unacceptable.

I hope you didn't hedge that one mate
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Pinnacle should make bet acceptance time faster. And they should not ask for re-verification so often.
blackjack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm

The sharp betting action in 2018 is far higher than the sharp betting action in 2010. Pinnacle advertised itself as an ''Arbitrage friendly'' and ''all action accepted'' bookmaker back then, but it seems it can't cope that well lately.
Wolfie wrote: Pinnacle should make bet acceptance time faster. And they should not ask for re-verification so often.
Bingo. Pinnacle is profiling players and the minute they label you as a sharp player they will scrutinise your betting further and use your action as a guide to correct their own lines. If you have delays and new odds (always lower than before) then you can take this is a medal of honour. You are sharp.
barbero wrote: I hope you didn't hedge that one mate
This forum claims having pro players only, the 2% of the winning players in gambling and I find it difficult that baselstrasse is not one of them. For 2 hours and 10 minutes he was taking the wrong odds provided by pinnacle. I m sure he found a leak, a mistake that Pinnacle is doing often and took advantage of it. Probably he is doing that for some time and that was the day that Pinnacle fought back.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Blackjack, this is exactly what I'm trying to say.

They said that are Arbitrage friendly, they accept everything, bla bla bla bla...and then, if they make a "mistake", they are exactly the same as every other soft books.

In my opinion, at this point, they simply make less mistakes than other soft books....

The wrong odds stay alive for about 4 hours.
I'm not exactly a Pro, but I often have situation where Pinnacle decrease the odds after my bets.

It's really frustrating "loose" a win of 24K.....2 days have passed but I'm still really angry with that.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I have to side with Pinnacle here...if the market odds are 1.2 and you bet 1.9, their only mistake is not cancelling the bets immediately and actually allowing the bets to get settled.  It's a clear palp and you shouldn't expect any book to honour that kind of mistake.  Count your blessings if you have gotten away with this type of thing before...

There is a difference between being arbitrage friendly and not cancelling clear line errors or typos.  I understand your frustration but you can't really have expected them to honour this kind of thing.
baselstrasse
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: I have to side with Pinnacle here...if the market odds are 1.2 and you bet 1.9, their only mistake is not cancelling the bets immediately and actually allowing the bets to get settled.  It's a clear palp and you shouldn't expect any book to honour that kind of mistake.  Count your blessings if you have gotten away with this type of thing before...

There is a difference between being arbitrage friendly and not cancelling clear line errors or typos.  I understand your frustration but you can't really have expected them to honour this kind of thing.
I can understand your point of view, but I'm not agree with that...expecially from a book like Pinnacle.
Anyway...a new experience for me and I'll take care next time.

Of course the customers always are in defect on this.

My only regret was not trying to withdraw less money after the winning.....
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

blackjack wrote: Bingo. Pinnacle is profiling players and the minute they label you as a sharp player they will scrutinise your betting further and use your action as a guide to correct their own lines. If you have delays and new odds (always lower than before) then you can take this is a medal of honour. You are sharp.
You are right. I am winning on pinnacle. Not enough ROI to make it big but my experiment result is positive. Sharper than pinnacle for a long time now.
Note: Very small range of markets.
thorocska
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 am

baselstrasse wrote:
I'm not exactly a Pro, but I often have situation where Pinnacle decrease the odds after my bets.
Odds dropping after betting is normal at Pinnacle, except if you play with very low stakes, like 50 EUR at 2000 max bet market. Pinnacle needs to balance the two side, so if you bet on the home side, then Pinnacle lower the odds of the home side automatically. In my experience Pinnacle lowers the odds even if you bet 1/4 of the max stake. If I bet max stake then the lowering amount will be around 5 ticks. Of course, this depends on the sport, the market, and the actual margin.
Bookmakers 2U
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:04 am

The odds error is "way too big". Never ever  ::) bet on bad lines no matter which bookie you use.
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Bookmakers 2U wrote: The odds error is "way too big". Never ever  ::) bet on bad lines no matter which bookie you use.

pinnacle are getting used to this, last month i placed a bet of odd around 1.4 when other asians had the odd at 1.2 and 1.3, the bet was placed through Sportmarket and yet the bet was voided. the reason was that pinnacle started that it was a pre match odd, even when the match has played for almost 80 minutes. I argued this long and didnt get it back. LOst around 700 euros.

And this is not even the first time.

Return to “Bookies discussion”