Live Value Betting

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
value king
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Live Value Betting

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:50 am

Does anybody have experience with live value betting in football or basketball

on pre match value betting I think that if the arb between pinnacle and the soft book is bigger than 1% it is a value bet but how big should the arb be at live betting, yesterday I played a live bet on NBA where pinnacle offerd a line with 220.5 under with 1.85, at my soft book at this moment the line was at 223.5 with 1.85 can we say that this was a value bet ? or should the difference with the lines be bigger
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Live Value Betting

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Same question. For example, the pinnacle odds are 6 but soft bookmaker has odds 7. Can i still consider it a value bet? Currently ive been live arbing between exchange and soft and i have pinnacle prices also on screen and in every game, there are opportunities like that. Usually for high odds like 5,6,7 etc.So my thinking is that instead of laying a bet on exchange, i could just bet on bookie.(one leg) Is it value betting or just line shopping? And how could i determine my overall edge, margin...

Kind regards :)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:07 pm

value king wrote: on pre match value betting I think that if the arb between pinnacle and the soft book is bigger than 1% it is a value bet
Most probably there is no value as you have to overcome the margin burden. If the margins is 1%+ then you have no value from mathematical point of view.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm

arctrading wrote: Same question. For example, the pinnacle odds are 6 but soft bookmaker has odds 7. Can i still consider it a value bet? Currently ive been live arbing between exchange and soft and i have pinnacle prices also on screen and in every game, there are opportunities like that. Usually for high odds like 5,6,7 etc.So my thinking is that instead of laying a bet on exchange, i could just bet on bookie.(one leg) Is it value betting or just line shopping? And how could i determine my overall edge, margin...

Pinnacle usually cuts the odds for the underdogs, so maybe there is no real value. Maybe you need to check with live Betfair to see what others think about it. Because if Pinnacle offers 5.00, the bookmaker offers 6,00 and betfair offers 5.80...then most probably you have no value.
The very general idea is, that you must have better odds than sharps and you have to cover their margins as well, in order to have value in your hands. That is very general and should be examined in a case by case basis.
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Arbusers wrote:
arctrading wrote: Same question. For example, the pinnacle odds are 6 but soft bookmaker has odds 7. Can i still consider it a value bet? Currently ive been live arbing between exchange and soft and i have pinnacle prices also on screen and in every game, there are opportunities like that. Usually for high odds like 5,6,7 etc.So my thinking is that instead of laying a bet on exchange, i could just bet on bookie.(one leg) Is it value betting or just line shopping? And how could i determine my overall edge, margin...

Pinnacle usually cuts the odds for the underdogs, so maybe there is no real value. Maybe you need to check with live Betfair to see what others think about it. Because if Pinnacle offers 5.00, the bookmaker offers 6,00 and betfair offers 5.80...then most probably you have no value.
The very general idea is, that you must have better odds than sharps and you have to cover their margins as well, in order to have value in your hands. That is very general and should be examined in a case by case basis.
So the only way to be so and so sure if its the value bet ur taking is by taking odds around 2-3. For example, pinnacle odds are 1.7 and soft has 2.05. Then you probably have an edge?
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:42 pm

No. You have to study the fundamentals. I m afraid you don't understand what value betting is.
arbMia
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi all, I have a question, I arb between a soft book with Pinnacle, Sbobet , Maxbet, profit > 1% / ticket.
But I bet more money at soft than sharp ( maybe 50$ for soft, just 2$ for sharp).
In long term (more than 1000-5000 ticket), is sharps going to lose, soft going to win ? and I get profit from this?
Sorry for my bad English.

Return to “Value betting talk”